What do you do when you have too many drones?
1474 34 2019-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

It was easier to just have one but having a lot is overwhelming that I don't even bother flying.  The characteristics are pretty much identical though.
2019-10-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

never been in such a situation..  i usually sell and upgrade.  most i have at one time appears to be 2 at a time.
2019-10-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-11 20:52
never been in such a situation..  i usually sell and upgrade.  most i have at one time appears to be 2 at a time.

Same but each drone has it's pros that the others do not have.
2019-10-11
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft

AntDX316 Posted at 10-11 21:08

ya i know what you mean. I have 3 and each one i use for different things. I always make sure they are out of the elements ie: Away from dust, dirt and grime. I always keep them packed up and make sure the batteries and controllers don't die on me.
2019-10-12
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>

Hey AntDX316. ‘’too many drones’ is an issue I once felt I had. I owned multiple practice, racing and photography drones, but the burden and pressure to use them all (including guilt due to the cost of owning expensive ‘would be’ paperweights), the issue of lugging them about places, and generally having to constantly maintain them actually overshadowed the enjoyment of flying them.

It took a while to recognise the drones I loved building and learning about also made me kinda miserable because of the work/cost/pressure, but I eventually ended up selling them off, one by one, until I felt the balance was right. I just own one now (M2P) and I feel free of pressure, which just lets me enjoy flying again.

2019-10-12
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft

I don't know, I'm not there yet. I think having two aircraft is great, if something happens to one you still can fly.
2019-10-12
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>

At one time I had a MPP, MA and a Spark.  I loved flying all of them.  I have a friend that is into photography and expressed interest inn drones.  I "loaned" him my Spark and he has had it for over a year now and I don't have the heart to ask for it back. As far as I'm concerned it's his.  I still fly my MPP and MA as much as I can.  Never felt guilty about owning any or all of them. It's a pleasure to be able to own and fly such amazing technology.
2019-10-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 10-11 21:08

absolutely right they each have their positives and negatives.    however, as you have said in prior post they can all feel a bit the same.  that's the issue i realized early on after upgraded from spark to mavic pro, the flight dynamics were 80%+  the same...  there are differences but for most part can blindly pick up controller and fly either or fairly equally.  if your flying them for fun and leisure, then yea..can almost get boring with bunch of what feels the same and my fixed wing/FPV racer friend calls DJI drones "dynamically like wallpaper paste" and he sadly kinda right.

if your into pro level work however, the consistency that DJI offers is actually amazing positive it means you can for most part, learn to fly an inspire or a matrice decently well and dynamically in one afternoon or less if you flown any other modern dji drone for any period of time.   like you can go from flying a $350 spark to a $10k+ Matrice fully kitted out without much of a learning curve other then all new toggle to play with.

2019-10-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sure that our valued DJI Forum members  would participate with regard to this matter. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-12
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

I use the Phantom 4 Pro for mapping almost exclusively, and the M2Pro for most everything else!    The M2Pro is so damned quiet, and generally you can't see or hear it at 100ft ish......handles like a dream, and 20mph wind....you wouldn't even know it by looking at the screen!!

Randy
2019-10-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

rwynant V1 Posted at 10-12 16:38
I use the Phantom 4 Pro for mapping almost exclusively, and the M2Pro for most everything else!    The M2Pro is so damned quiet, and generally you can't see or hear it at 100ft ish......handles like a dream, and 20mph wind....you wouldn't even know it by looking at the screen!!

Randy

I understand but examining the photos, the P4PV2.0 is a lot better at range.  M2P makes great colors sometimes but the sharpness just isn't the same, in some cases, nowhere near the same.  I was examining hard but I didn't make a post about it.  I've tried getting close to a building during an inspection mission but couldn't get close.  The M2Z reach is crazy when you need it the most.  The details too at "high-winds" was awesome.  Seeing detail of the rust on the screw head is the best.
2019-10-12
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

I currently have 6. If I don't fly one of them for a few days, I swear I hear it quietly weeping because it feels left out.
2019-10-13
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

FatherXmas Posted at 10-13 06:02
I currently have 6. If I don't fly one of them for a few days, I swear I hear it quietly weeping because it feels left out.

oh yeah, the weeping

How many charge cycles per battery?  I've racked up more Battery charge cycles per batt in a few weeks than the TB48 owner of the Inspire 1 Pro that sold me his or hers in years.

Perhaps the way to fly is gentle shots for video then land instead of wandering life like a jet w/ no purpose in the air.
2019-10-13
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft

Perhaps offer the least favored ones at a reduced rate to new flyers, or those just wishing to fly.  I have but one, and due to health reasons have not flown it very much, however - I am doing my best to bring those health reasons up to where I can fly much more often, so . . . I am trying to learn all that I can about the one MPP I have.  Looking forward to the day I charge all the batteries (3), Remote Aircraft Controller batteries, the Strobe light batteries I have mounted on the drone, and GO FLY  Happy some of you have so many, and that you enjoy them.
2019-10-13
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

HH1 Posted at 10-13 15:24
Perhaps offer the least favored ones at a reduced rate to new flyers, or those just wishing to fly.  I have but one, and due to health reasons have not flown it very much, however - I am doing my best to bring those health reasons up to where I can fly much more often, so . . . I am trying to learn all that I can about the one MPP I have.  Looking forward to the day I charge all the batteries (3), Remote Aircraft Controller batteries, the Strobe light batteries I have mounted on the drone, and GO FLY  Happy some of you have so many, and that you enjoy them.

You can just take-off from where you live, sit on a chair and wander.
2019-10-13
Use props
BobB
First Officer

HH1 Posted at 10-13 15:24
Perhaps offer the least favored ones at a reduced rate to new flyers, or those just wishing to fly.  I have but one, and due to health reasons have not flown it very much, however - I am doing my best to bring those health reasons up to where I can fly much more often, so . . . I am trying to learn all that I can about the one MPP I have.  Looking forward to the day I charge all the batteries (3), Remote Aircraft Controller batteries, the Strobe light batteries I have mounted on the drone, and GO FLY  Happy some of you have so many, and that you enjoy them.

The old saying "where there's a will there's a way" and if you have the will to fly i bet you can find the way
2019-10-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

I only have one right now.
And don't even have time to fly it that often.....
2019-10-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 10-14 00:19
I only have one right now.
And don't even have time to fly it that often.....

Im with you Montfrooij,  if its not time its weather.   Im tempted by a second hand inspire 1 and if I travel to country with strict rules I might be tempted to pickup a <250g drone if the camera is good enough.
2019-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

DAFlys Posted at 10-14 00:32
Im with you Montfrooij,  if its not time its weather.   Im tempted by a second hand inspire 1 and if I travel to country with strict rules I might be tempted to pickup a

True.
I am not in a hurry to replace my MP
Although A M2Z is tempting
First see what the new EU regulations will give us.
2019-10-14
Use props
BobB
First Officer

Montfrooij Posted at 10-14 00:33
True.
I am not in a hurry to replace my MP
Although A M2Z is tempting

oh come on Monti you know you want that M2Z
2019-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

BobB Posted at 10-14 01:29
oh come on Monti you know you want that M2Z

Ghegheghe.
Sssst.
Don't tell my wife.
She is monitoring my activity here
2019-10-14
Use props
BobB
First Officer

Montfrooij Posted at 10-14 01:31
Ghegheghe.
Sssst.
Don't tell my wife.

uh oh lol Hi Mrs. Monti
2019-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>

BobB Posted at 10-14 01:44
uh oh lol Hi Mrs. Monti

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
2019-10-14
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>

MrTitan Posted at 10-12 00:37
Hey AntDX316. ‘’too many drones’ is an issue I once felt I had. I owned multiple practice, racing and photography drones, but the burden and pressure to use them all (including guilt due to the cost of owning expensive ‘would be’ paperweights), the issue of lugging them about places, and generally having to constantly maintain them actually overshadowed the enjoyment of flying them.

It took a while to recognise the drones I loved building and learning about also made me kinda miserable because of the work/cost/pressure, but I eventually ended up selling them off, one by one, until I felt the balance was right. I just own one now (M2P) and I feel free of pressure, which just lets me enjoy flying again.

I’m in the same situation, I sold a few but I still have inspire 1, mavic pro, phantom 4 advance and mavic pro 2 with hasslehoff camera. It’s just to many and it’s definitely taking the fun out of flying. I would like to sell the mavic pro and the inspire 1 if anyone is interested...
2019-10-14
Use props
HH1
Second Officer

BobB Posted at 10-13 16:23
The old saying "where there's a will there's a way" and if have the will to fly i bet you can find the way

You got that right
2019-10-14
Use props
BobB
First Officer

HH1 Posted at 10-14 14:35
You got that right

Old Howard found ways to do things but he was filthy rich lol
2019-10-14
Use props
HH1
Second Officer

No argument from me on that one  I have been thinking about a picture of Igor as well, both big contributors to Helicopters and other things in the air.  Always enjoy your posts, keep at it.
2019-10-16
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>

There is no such thing as too many drones. Can people have too many cars, or gnome collections? I think not.
2019-10-16
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft

I can see how one can have too many drones if the drones are all of the same class.  If one has the Spark, MA and M2.  They all have the same purpose, the experience is roughly the same.  Once you attain M2 level, why would one go back to the Spark?  However drones of different class and purpose would be used for the purpose when required.  Though I cant see owning a special purpose drone if the return on the investment will never be attained.   
2019-10-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

The Inspire 1 is better to use for fun.  The vid quality is good enough to use in a good way plus a lot of people know it exists.  With the Spark, some take notice but not as much as the Inspire 1 Pro where it's making drones and I look good.
I would prefer the M2P for filming all the time as it's a very stable beast w/ a small profile so people don't know it's there where you don't want any attention.
2019-10-16
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft

Perhaps make some of your drones available to local rescue or police forces for use?

Maybe you have an equivalent of the National trust or life boat association where you are?

Had I one or more drones sitting idle around doing nothing I would happily do that.
2019-10-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>

*DM* Posted at 10-16 23:00
Perhaps make some of your drones available to local rescue or police forces for use?

Maybe you have an equivalent of the National trust or life boat association where you are?

I do ask Police if I could help but they don't need any they said
2019-10-16
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's no such thing as too many drones.
2019-10-16
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Sounds like a 'first world problem'.  I have three, in which my first was very cheap, but I cut my teeth on learning to fly with that, as it came with no IPS or GPS what so ever.  I mainly fly one right now.  If I get more, I will be inclined to sell at least one of them at that point.
2019-10-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Neo Supreme Posted at 10-17 03:27
Sounds like a 'first world problem'.  I have three, in which my first was very cheap, but I cut my teeth on learning to fly with that, as it came with no IPS or GPS what so ever.  I mainly fly one right now.  If I get more, I will be inclined to sell at least one of them at that point.

Just fly anything as they are all pretty much the same it's just, the Spark feed is incredibly incredibly bad.  The M2P has undeniably the best feed on the Smart Controller then M2Z then P4/X3 then the Spark.  When you use a Smartphone, even if you aren't under the sun, the max brightness + app running makes the screen go very dim making it hard to see dropping flying confidence.
2019-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules