Phoebe the drone gets her number changed.
1032 7 2019-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

Since I am now a part 107 pilot, "all" of my drones now bear my number instead of being individually numbered.

I just used my laser printer to print on a clear address label. You can see the old label is well stuck, but comes off cleanly. I can make a label for a special occasion. I suppose I could make a "Spinup" label. I used Word to lay out the label a bit smaller than the 3 1/2 x 1 inch label so it does not have to bend around the compound curve on the drone. I used laser rather than ink jet so it won't run if Phoebe gets wet.

The video editing program you see on the screen is "Hitfilm Express."

Those are my Cowin noise cancelling headphones. They help me deal with noises, even though my habitat is in a very quiet neighborhood, and they sound incredible.

Yes. That is a 3d printer. It needs its firmware updated. Now that the weather is getting cold for barefooted brats to fly drones, I'll get to it soon.

I call this room my laboratory. I play with drones, computers, electronics, trains and I make things. Two features of my laboratory: Not carpeted floor and right next to the bathroom. It is usually not this neat.

The room behind me is getting filled with shelves as I slowly get all my laboratory supplies unpacked.
2019-10-11
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

When you remove a label, heat it a bit with a hair dryer and it will come off easier.

Put a piece of clear tape over the new label and the ink will last even longer.
Congratulations on the 107!

I have been contemplating on a 3D printer (I just don't have enough hobbys ) but am uncertain on what to get.  Any thoughts?

2019-10-12
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft

I didn't think as a hobbyist you ever had to individually number your drones.  All my drones have the same number on them...my FAA number.
2019-10-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this update that happened to your pilot experience. Cheers!
2019-10-12
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft

MccloudSpark Posted at 10-12 08:07
When you remove a label, heat it a bit with a hair dryer and it will come off easier.

Put a piece of clear tape over the new label and the ink will last even longer.

I've been looking to Angus at Maker's Muse for advice related to 3d printing.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxQbYGpbdrh-b2ND-AfIybg
2019-10-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

You need to upgrade to an M2 or something bigger.  They are extremely reliable.  You should also make the identification label as small as possible so it doesn't block signals.
2019-10-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Nice to see
2019-10-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft