How to get a refund from DJI for the CYNOVA mic interface
2663 5 2019-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
lvl.4

Hi.

I've just emailed DJI with a refund request for the CYNOVA mic interface for the Osmo Action, which is clearly faulty and not fit for purpose.

I will keep other Action owners updated on my progress via this post.

Hopefully this will be a straight forward process and one that I can advise other Action owners on once I have my refund.

So that everything is transparent from my end, I've included my email request below (minus personal and private details) and will include any responses (minus personal and private details) and any further emails from myself (minus personal and private details).

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi.

I would like to return my CYNOVA interface for a refund because it clearly does not work as intended and is therefore not fit for purpose.

The order number for this purchase is: XXXXXXXXXXXX

I received the interface on 2019-10-04 I’m requesting the refund on 2019-10-12 This clearly falls within the 14 day return period of the DJI terms and conditions for a refund https://store.dji.com/pages/help-center-aftersales  and is also clearly covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 for purchases made within the U.K. https://www.ridc.org.uk/content/consumer-rights

As this interface is clearly faulty I would also request that DJI pay for the return of this purchase, as per the DJI terms and conditions “Customers need to pay for any return shipping unless the refund is due to performance faults.”  https://store.dji.com/pages/help-center-aftersales

As proof of my claims that the CYNOVA adaptor is not fit for purpose, has inherent issues and does not work as intended, I’ve prepared a number of YouTube videos clearly showing and proving the CYNOVA interface to be faulty.

You can find the YouTube video links  below my name at the end of this email.

Please note that this fault is not just isolated to my CYNOVA interface. Having conversed with other Osmo Action users who have this interface and having seen a number of videos confirming the issue. It is clear that this fault is an inherent manufacturing problem to either the CYNOVA interface or the Osmo Action, or possibly a combination of both.

Could you please inform by response to this email how the return and refund procedure works, as this is in no clear explination on the DJI website, with no email information given for a specific returns department.

Could you also inform me on how you intend to have this item returned at your cost and the process for this. Is this via a prepaid postal, courier method whereby DJI send me an email with a label to print, or do you arrange for a courier pick up at my discretion?

David Harry.

2019-10-12
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer

Following:

I ordered , and returned a DJI Osmo Action in August.  In contact with Joshua (support.eu@dji.com ) I  had to call DJI 1 (818) 235 0789, their Numbers can be found on  here  down towards the botton by clicking the cellphone Icon in the center.  You may use the chat only for    the camera and accessories to return ,  drones the phone  can be used. I  spoke with a gentlman that lead me through the process till  I got to the chat page . This is how DJI works Drones are tehir Primary  business.  Here is their Email info below on how to go about (removed  my name etc)  See below *1.
  DJI will not refund until the product  is in hand and all is fully inspected, every single part is serieled  and inspected by DJI in an Email that is sent when the item is in DJi's hand, then processed  to another department, and they hold the funds,  a week laterto ten days.    hardest part is finding the info you look for for a refund on  here.  I hope my expectations are met.   I went the  next step to ask questions  and the least they can do is return the email.  David harry wish you the best in finding the perfect camera, we know it's not out there and  what we have to do for a $.50 cent POC.  Yi technology simply included in their camera the  external Mic, hope DJI can do the same for the  cost this thing isreally is worth.

FISH

I am not satasfied, and request a full refund, thank you.

Joshua (DJI Support)

Aug 29, 01:15 CST

Hi FISH

Greetings from DJI Customer support.

It saddens us to hear that you will be returning an item/order. We value your business with us and your patronage in our products, as well as your cooperation in this verification process.

**Please put your RMA number CAS ****** and the word "Refund" on the outside of the package, so our staff can receive this properly. Not doing so will cause a delay in this process.**

COMPANY: DJI SERVICE LLC
Address Line 1: 17301 Edwards Road, Cerritos, CA 90703, USA
ATTN: North America Return & Exchange
Tel: (818) 235-0790

Note:
--Before packing it up, please ensure you have put all original packaging and products inside. Items should be in like-new condition per our policy.
--Please reply to this email to update us the tracking number after you ship it back.
--Due to non-DJI product error return shipping fee is at customer own cost.
--Please process the shipment of the package within 7 calendar days from the date you receive this email, otherwise, we may deny your refund request.
--Once US warehouse receives your returned package, we will refund back to the originally paid card. But if your package sent back to us is beyond valid return period or it comes with any used damage or modification your unit will be returned to you in the condition it was received.

For more Refund and Replacement Policy please click on link http://www.dji.com/support/purchase

Kindly update us with your tracking number so we can monitor the courier's delivery. This ticket will be temporarily closed as we wish to provide you ample time to return your package. You are not required to reply to this email unless you have the return tracking number available. Have a pleasant day ahead!

Your patience and understanding on this matter are greatly appreciated. Should you have concerns, please let us know.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards
Joshua
DJI Customer Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

2019-10-13
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4

Fishycomics Posted at 10-13 05:52
Following:

I ordered , and returned a DJI Osmo Action in August.  In contact with Joshua (support.eu@dji.com ) I  had to call DJI 1 (818) 235 0789, their Numbers can be found on  here  down towards the botton by clicking the cellphone Icon in the center.  You may use the chat only for    the camera and accessories to return ,  drones the phone  can be used. I  spoke with a gentlman that lead me through the process till  I got to the chat page . This is how DJI works Drones are tehir Primary  business.  Here is their Email info below on how to go about (removed  my name etc)  See below *1.

Alright Mr. Fish.

Thanks for all that info it is invaluable for me and I'm quite sure it will be for others as well.

The problem with these types of things, refund or support requests etc. is that you're never interested in such things as they are usually the last thing on your mind when you buy and use something. But if something goes wrong that's when you want all the info you can find and that's when posts like this one and information like yours becomes very important.

Thanks again for sharing your information and I'll update this post as things progress.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-10-13
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4

Hi.

I am extremely happy to report that DJI have very quickly responded to my refund request and by very quickly I mean in one business day, that is as fast as anyone could ever expect.

They initially responded to let me know that my request would be passed on to the appropriate department and that they’d be in touch.

Unfortunately, there’s a link to a downloadable RMA that doesn’t work and without that form I’m unable to return the defective interface. I’m sure this is just a simple oversight that will be immediately corrected after my email response letting DJI support know of the error.

There are still a couple of things to happen once I’ve got the correct RMA form link, the sending of the label, the return  and the checking of the unit upon return but I’d imagine that this is all a simple formality from here on in.

I will report on the next stages but for now I’ve included the DJI technical support  responses  below and my response to the dead link.

I have to stress how impressed I am with the speed of response and the clarity of this response, thank you DJI support.

Cheers,
Dave.

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Apologies for the inconvenience. In regards to your concern, we will transfer it to the designated department that deals with issues as such for further assistance.

They will for sure handle your concerns accordingly at the earliest.

Thank you for choosing DJI products.

Best Regards,

XXXXX
DJI Customer Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Based on the information & proof you supplied, we created a refund/return request for you.

Case Number: XXXXXX

You will receive a UPS return label in a separate email from our Shipping Label Team, this will cover the shipping costs for you. This ticket will be sent to you by E-mail, Within 2 business days. Kindly check your email with a shipping label. If you don't receive the shipping label for some reason, feel free to contact us.

1) After receiving your UPS label, click on the retrieve label and print the page.
2) You can bring it to a local post deposit.
3) You can call UPS to make an appointment for the pickup.

This is important to know:

Do not forget to include a copy of the proof of purchase and the DJI RMA form in the package, please download and print the RMA repair form by clicking on this link: XXXXXXX
Fill in completely with your details and a proper description of the fault and attach a printed version to every item in the parcel.

When we receive the unit, we will inspect the unit:

- Is it complete?
- No customer damage?

If these questions have been answered positively, we will contact our finance department and issue you a refund.

Please make sure to send us the complete set with all the accessories that came with the package! Otherwise, we are not able to refund it.

Refunds will be processed using the same method that was used to make the payment. The refund process will be completed in about 7-14 business days, depending on t the evaluation of request, shipping, the bank or credit card issuer.
Thank you for choosing DJI products.

Best regards,

XXXXX
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: https://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

Hi XXXXX

Thank you for the very quick response, unfortunately the URL/weblink that you’ve provided for downloading the RMA form does not resolve to any web page, web folder or direct document. It would appear to be a broken link.

Could you check this for me please.

Cheers,

Dave.
2019-10-14
Use props
dweston67
New

I just received my Cynova 3.5mm mic adapter for the osmo action and had the same issue that you guys posted about.  It wouldnt stay in place without maximum force and squeezing the usb-c in place.  Needless to say they have not corrected the faulty design.  I contacted the phone number listed above and after speaking with 5 different customer service reprepesentatives over 2 hours, they refused to give me a refund even though the part was in new condition and was received today.  I am a lawyer and thoroughly reviewed their return policy and I followed it perfectly.  This type of customer service is absolutely disgusting.  I was looking at a mavic 2.  Zero percent change of buying one after that experience!
2019-10-14
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4

dweston67 Posted at 10-14 13:55
I just received my Cynova 3.5mm mic adapter for the osmo action and had the same issue that you guys posted about.  It wouldnt stay in place without maximum force and squeezing the usb-c in place.  Needless to say they have not corrected the faulty design.  I contacted the phone number listed above and after speaking with 5 different customer service reprepesentatives over 2 hours, they refused to give me a refund even though the part was in new condition and was received today.  I am a lawyer and thoroughly reviewed their return policy and I followed it perfectly.  This type of customer service is absolutely disgusting.  I was looking at a mavic 2.  Zero percent change of buying one after that experience!

Hi.

My experience with DJI for my return and refund has been excellent so far. I obviously need to wait until I have my refund back in the bank before I can give a final appraisal but I will be updating this post as the return progresses.

Depending where you are in the world you may have local consumer rights that cover you, as we do in the UK. A manufacturer/seller can always play hard ball and be obstructive but they do have to adhere to the local trading laws where the purchase is made.

If your issue is anything like Dennis', then I'd imagine that it is pretty much case closed as you can't use something that falls out. Maybe do a quick video showing the exact problem, upload it to YouTube and then create a post here on the forum with the video embedded and then send the link to DJI. I'd also make your communications via email so you've got a digital paper trail if needed.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules