Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Sharpness test
1419 10 2019-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

+2 Looks the best as the plastic look of +3 isn't good

2019-10-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We do appreciate sharing this sharpness footage with us. Cheers!
2019-10-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

i dont know if its bad focus or resolution (1080P on youtube) and underexposure is the issue but all of them looked blurry to my eye as well as pretty noisy.  the +2 and +3 looked like was haloing around edges.  

how i shoot on my mavic 2 pro is: 4K HQ 30fps (HQ is cleaner and shaprer then full frame mode), 100-400 iso during daytime lower the better, f/5 - f/8 aperture for sharper capture of wide open areas. shutter, either use ND filter and target 2x fps setting or if going bare, roll the shutter until scene is evenly light no bright spots. color profile: normal, sharpness +1, saturation and contract both 0 and 0.

pro tip to anyone wondering, yes it is better ti slightly underexpose then it is to over expose slightly, easier to pull more data going up in exposure then it is to pull same data going down.. true even with raw cameras and data.  ideally best to nail lighting everytime if you can...but  if you have to compensate in some way then slightly under exposing it then in post pulling up the shadows, and midtones and whatever else is needed will work better...
2019-10-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-13 07:58
i dont know if its bad focus or resolution (1080P on youtube) and underexposure is the issue but all of them looked blurry to my eye as well as pretty noisy.  the +2 and +3 looked like was haloing around edges.  

how i shoot on my mavic 2 pro is: 4K HQ 30fps (HQ is cleaner and shaprer then full frame mode), 100-400 iso during daytime lower the better, f/5 - f/8 aperture for sharper capture of wide open areas. shutter, either use ND filter and target 2x fps setting or if going bare, roll the shutter until scene is evenly light no bright spots. color profile: normal, sharpness +1, saturation and contract both 0 and 0.

It was 1440p60 but youtube does lower the quality.
How much lower on the EV are you going and can you show some vids that you've made to demonstrate?

I know it has a bit of haloing, the X3, Zoom, and P4 have no problem running +3 w/ no Halo.  If I run 0 or +1 it's blurry.

2019-10-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 10-13 13:33
It was 1440p60 but youtube does lower the quality.
How much lower on the EV are you going and can you show some vids that you've made to demonstrate?

your an auto shooter or what mode are you using?  ideally full manual mode is the best as gives you complete control.  but if you are an auto shooter, which i dont blame you if you are, try venturing out of there.  

and i can try to make a video at some point.. i need good subject matter or something gives a nice range of things to look at..  couple ideas if weather tomorrow plays nice.. : D
2019-10-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-13 14:59
your an auto shooter or what mode are you using?  ideally full manual mode is the best as gives you complete control.  but if you are an auto shooter, which i dont blame you if you are, try venturing out of there.  

and i can try to make a video at some point.. i need good subject matter or something gives a nice range of things to look at..  couple ideas if weather tomorrow plays nice.. : D

I clicked the trees by the road closest to the camera before recording.  I've tried MF with the focus point cloud but AF seems to always do a better job.

I shoot in auto but sometimes forcing the ISO to 100.  I've tried aperture priority but my results come out crap as the image is all dark.  I'm not sure if it's because the drone though but I assume it is.
2019-10-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 10-13 15:59
I clicked the trees by the road closest to the camera before recording.  I've tried MF with the focus point cloud but AF seems to always do a better job.

I shoot in auto but sometimes forcing the ISO to 100.  I've tried aperture priority but my results come out crap as the image is all dark.  I'm not sure if it's because the drone though but I assume it is.

could also be because the screen you are using on your phone/tablet is over doing it vs reality like some displays are contrast or gamma heavy and push bright and dark areas so on screen it may look one whay but in review later it will look another way
2019-10-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-13 16:17
could also be because the screen you are using on your phone/tablet is over doing it vs reality like some displays are contrast or gamma heavy and push bright and dark areas so on screen it may look one whay but in review later it will look another way

It looks like that because the sun was under a cloud and it was close to dusk.
2019-10-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

+1 would be my preferred setting.
2019-10-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 10-14 00:18
+1 would be my preferred setting.

Me too,  I have mine set to +1 and then I can add more in post after if needed.
2019-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

DAFlys Posted at 10-14 00:28
Me too,  I have mine set to +1 and then I can add more in post after if needed.

Exactly my thoughts!
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules