Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-s wobble
1216 5 2019-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slugger415
lvl.3

My Ronin-S shows a horrible wobble whenever I pan or tilt, taking half a second to stabilize. Here's a short clip with the camera standing on a table and I'm just panning with the joystick.

What's going on? thanks.

p.s. balance shows Excellent for all 3 axes.
2019-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi slugger415, what camera are you using? It seems the lens was zoomed in. Does it happen in the long focal length end?
2019-10-18
Use props
slugger415
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-18 01:55
Hi slugger415, what camera are you using? It seems the lens was zoomed in. Does it happen in the long focal length end?

Hi Mindy, I am *only* using it with the lens extended, I’ve been using it that way all along without that wobble problem. I also reset it to factory defaults but the problem persists, even with pan speed set very low and just the slightest movement of the joystick. The device is useless to me now. Scott
2019-10-18
Use props
slugger415
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-18 01:55

p.s. it's a Canon 7D. And I've balanced it with the lens fully extended with "Excellent" on all axes. Thanks.
2019-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

slugger415 Posted at 10-18 10:17
p.s. it's a Canon 7D. And I've balanced it with the lens fully extended with "Excellent" on all axes. Thanks.

Will it wobble without extending the lens? It is recommended to balance the gimbal in the middle of the focal length.
2019-10-19
Use props
slugger415
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-19 01:44
Will it wobble without extending the lens? It is recommended to balance the gimbal in the middle of the focal length.

Yes it does it at all lens settings. And this is NEW behavior, I have lots of footage to prove this was not happening earlier.
2019-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules