Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Modes Missing with Controller
2032 5 2019-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Acemannw
lvl.1

I bought a Brand New Mavic Air at Best Buy a few weeks ago.   I got the Fly More Combo with the extra batteries which have been really nice.  I have had a lot of fun flying it, only got into trouble when I have gone over to Sport Mode.   I took some really cool shots, and videos of my neighborhood, and from a recent trip to SE Iowa.

One of the features I was most excited about was the Intelligent Flight Modes(IFM) on the Mavic Air.    For the first few weeks, I didn't really have an opportunity where I would need the modes, but a recent trip out with our boat was a bit of a let down due to the lack of autonomous tracking.   While I was messing around I also tried connecting via WIFI on my iPad Pro and the IFMs were an option and they all worked perfectly.   So my real issue is the lack of IFM when I connect to the Remote and my Pixel 2 XL phones via the USB C cord.  The other feature I have noticed that I don't have is the Automated Take Off or Landing.

Things I have tried
  • reinstalled the app
  • checked for firmware updates in the controller and drone
  • Calibrated the Compass
  • IMU Calibration
  • Looked through every setting in the menu
  • Ensured Sport Mode was off

I have seen a few other people post about this issue but everyone tells them to turn off Sport Mode and there has not been a lot of other help.   I cannot find any real info on what the issue could be and have not seen any real fixes.  DJI has a manual for the Mavic Air but no real manual on the Software side of things.

Picture of what I am missing.

2019-10-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>

shouldn't be missing in position mode..  switch the toggle back and forth on controller once everything sync up in the app.. should popup.     if that doesnt work then i dont even know
2019-10-13
Use props
Vofas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200853 ft

Did you watch the video tutorial? https://www.dji.com/ru/mavic-air/info#video
2019-10-13
Use props
Acemannw
lvl.1

Feeling pretty dumb right now there are actually 2 different DJI apps for Android.   I had an older more simple app installed that did not allow the flight modes.     
2019-10-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>

Acemannw Posted at 10-14 03:36
Feeling pretty dumb right now there are actually 2 different DJI apps for Android.   I had an older more simple app installed that did not allow the flight modes.

All good.  Still a good post to have in the forums.  I'm sure someone else will stumble upon this issue as well.  
2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Acemannw. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 application and see if the issue will still persist. In addition if the DJI Mavic Air's remote controller is on sports mode, the intelligent flight mode is currently unavailable. Thank you for continued support.
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules