Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PHANTOM 4 PRO + V2.0 EXPLODED IN FLIGHT
16602 162 2019-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-19 01:00
this thread says otherwise
Is that a typo?
Did you mean .. this moron says otherwise?

Post #1 on this thread says otherwise about You, moron, that the batteries are smart enough to not explode.

I'm gradually learning how to expose what is happening.  I know for sure, at least because none of my stuff has failed, that I'm doing it right.  We need to expose who is doing what wrong so it doesn't everyone else similar that is Hasn't happened to yet.

Of course, certain things we can do nothing about but for other things we can but doesn't always mean we should.
2019-10-19
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 10-19 01:02
Post #1 on this thread says otherwise about You, moron, that the batteries are smart enough to not explode.

I'm gradually learning how to expose what is happening.  I know for sure, at least because none of my stuff has failed, that I'm doing it right.  We need to expose who is doing what wrong so it doesn't everyone else similar that is Hasn't happened to yet.
Post #1 says nothing about me, but it's completely in character for you to think it does.

I'm gradually learning how to expose what is happening.
There's nothing happening that needs to be exposed and it's exaggerating to say that you're learning anything gradually.

I know for sure, at least because none of my stuff has failed, that I'm doing it right.
Almost every DJI flyer has no equipment failures .. perhaps it's an indication that the equipment is pretty good rather than whatever you are doing?

We need to expose who is doing what wrong so it doesn't everyone else similar that is Hasn't happened to yet.
Of course, certain things we can do nothing about but for other things we can but doesn't always mean we should.The extremely rare  incident in this post is almost certainly just one of those very rare  hardware failures that nothing could ever prevent.

2019-10-19
Use props
marios5
Flight distance : 702067 ft
South Africa

AntDX316 Posted at 10-18 22:19
Take a picture of the charger and the outlet.  Maybe it got damaged somehow from no surge protector.  Living in a sparsely populated area could mean the spikes aren't regulated as good as they are when areas are dense so spikes can flow through and damage things w/o people knowing.  Probably busting some sort of regulator that made it go from 4.40V max per cell to say near 5.0V or more.

Im livixg on the farm and I got the best surge protectors in my house for all my electronic equipment, definitely not the charger.
20191015_181741.jpg
2019-10-19
Use props
marios5
South Africa

Labroides a moron? You dont know what you are talking about. He is actually talking a lot of sense, you/we can learn a lot from him.
2019-10-19
Use props
ATJ
Captain
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

marios5 Posted at 10-19 03:34
Im livixg on the farm and I got the best surge protectors in my house for all my electronic equipment, definitely not the charger.

Don't' fall into the ant trap mario5, next thing he'll be telling you is the strap around the wires caused you battery to explode?
2019-10-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-19 01:45
Post #1 says nothing about me, but it's completely in character for you to think it does.

So we can pretty much take all the rare things like a lottery and if it replicates to us, to deal with it dead or alive without bothering to investigate how the God system has control far before it even came to thought?
2019-10-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

marios5 Posted at 10-19 03:42
Labroides a moron? You dont know what you are talking about. He is actually talking a lot of sense, you/we can learn a lot from him.

thx    : )
2019-10-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

marios5 Posted at 10-19 03:34
Im livixg on the farm and I got the best surge protectors in my house for all my electronic equipment, definitely not the charger.

Yeah, we can rule out the charger but what about the outlet?  Is there any way to test it but I'm not entirely sure if the outlet would even affect it.  I have no idea how electrical engineering even works.

I'm sure anyone's battery can just spontaneously combust which is why it's a good idea to put all the batteries in a safe contained environment but that would take a lot of work.  I'm weighing more on trust that nothing goes wrong.  It's more fun this way.

If we safeguard everything to a sheltered controlled environment it would be pretty boring.
2019-10-19
Use props
ATJ
Captain
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 10-19 03:57
Yeah, we can rule out the charger but what about the outlet?  Is there any way to test it but I'm not entirely sure if the outlet would even affect it.  I have no idea how electrical engineering even works.

I'm sure anyone's battery can just spontaneously combust which is why it's a good idea to put all the batteries in a safe contained environment but that would take a lot of work.  I'm weighing more on trust that nothing goes wrong.  It's more fun this way.

The charger is a highly regulated piece of equipment. It would taken a large fluctuation in power to damage it. Stop with the conspiracy theories ant, your an embarrassment to all of us.
2019-10-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ATJ Posted at 10-19 05:08
The charger is a highly regulated piece of equipment. It would taken a large fluctuation in power to damage it. Stop with the conspiracy theories ant, your an embarrassment to all of us.

What if it had a large fluctuation just one time where a solar flare hit the area that wasn't reported to everyone else just as the misuse of your and thinking it doesn't matter?

There are a lot of things people think don't matter but matter a lot that people would see the results of after we or something has changed things that people don't know has been changed.
2019-10-19
Use props
gyrex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

AntDX316 Posted at 10-19 05:21
What if it had a large fluctuation just one time where a solar flare hit the area that wasn't reported to everyone else just as the misuse of your and thinking it doesn't matter?

There are a lot of things people think don't matter but matter a lot that people would see the results of after we or something has changed things that people don't know has been changed.

How is this guy still on the forums? I've never come across someone with so little knowledge impart the most asinine garbage in all my life. The fact he spills this nonsense on almost every single thread is painful and is probably driving people away from this forum altogether.

Solar flares? I mean, seriously... Is this guy permanently on crack? LiPo batteries can fail at any point due to thousands of reasons: overheating, chemistry failure, anode/diode failure, unbalanced cells to name a few of the thousands of reasons. LiPo cells fail all the time, this is not an uncommon occurrence.
2019-10-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

gyrex Posted at 10-19 05:50
How is this guy still on the forums? I've never come across someone with so little knowledge impart the most asinine garbage in all my life. The fact he spills this nonsense on almost every single thread is painful and is probably driving people away from this forum altogether.

Solar flares? I mean, seriously... Is this guy permanently on crack? LiPo batteries can fail at any point due to thousands of reasons: overheating, chemistry failure, anode/diode failure, unbalanced cells to name a few of the thousands of reasons. LiPo cells fail all the time, this is not an uncommon occurrence.

The fact you don't accept Solar Flares as a possibility shows your ignorance.  Even if it's a 0.00000001% chance, it is still there.  I'm not saying spaghetti meatballs ruin the batteries with their aura now, but I would say, when the God system works quantum physics or better on things in the universe, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
2019-10-19
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 10-19 05:21
What if it had a large fluctuation just one time where a solar flare hit the area that wasn't reported to everyone else just as the misuse of your and thinking it doesn't matter?

What if the incident was caused by tiny aliens hiding in the clouds and shooting at passing drones?
Are you trying to suggest the most unlikely scenario anyone could ever imagine?
What's so hard to accept about this rare incident being caused by something uncommon but well known?
Everyone knows that lithium batteries, particularly when damaged can burst into flame.
https://www.google.com/search?cl ... ithium+battery+fire

It's hard to argue with that.
Sounds like someone is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.
2019-10-19
Use props
gyrex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Labroides Posted at 10-19 05:58
What if it had a large fluctuation just one time where a solar flare hit the area that wasn't reported to everyone else just as the misuse of your and thinking it doesn't matter?
What if the incident was caused by tiny aliens hiding in the clouds and shooting at passing drones?

I only visit these forums a couple of times a month maybe but I'm flabbergasted that AntDX316 is still on here and hasn't been banned yet. On the other hand, I'm also pretty impressed that someone with an <50 IQ is able to use a computer...
2019-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

marios5 Posted at 10-18 21:52
Thank you Stephen, I appreciate.

You are very much welcome marios5. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-10-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

gyrex Posted at 10-19 06:12
I only visit these forums a couple of times a month maybe but I'm flabbergasted that AntDX316 is still on here and hasn't been banned yet. On the other hand, I'm also pretty impressed that someone with an

You must live under a rock.
2019-10-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 10-19 05:51
The fact you don't accept Solar Flares as a possibility shows your ignorance.  Even if it's a 0.00000001% chance, it is still there.  I'm not saying spaghetti meatballs ruin the batteries with their aura now, but I would say, when the God system works quantum physics or better on things in the universe, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Not wanting to diss anyones faith but for that to stand, there would need to be a such a being, wouldnt there? but lets say there is such a thing as, God, it would be the equivalent of a young child using a magnifying glass on anthill, i just did a quick search,

This right here explains a lot........  

2019-10-19
Use props
EdM
Captain
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beginning to think we all have Ant totally wrong.  I think he likes playing the village idiot to gain as much attention as he can.   In his own moronic way he really likes pushing people's buttons so he can think up some other outlandish comment to make.  Of course, I could be wrong.
2019-10-19
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 10-19 05:51
The fact you don't accept Solar Flares as a possibility shows your ignorance.  Even if it's a 0.00000001% chance, it is still there.  I'm not saying spaghetti meatballs ruin the batteries with their aura now, but I would say, when the God system works quantum physics or better on things in the universe, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Wow .. I missed that post.The fact you don't accept Solar Flares as a possibility shows your ignorance.
That you continue to display manifest ignorance with every post, shows what a total tosser you are.

Even if it's a 0.00000001% chance, it is still there.
Even if there's a   0.00000001% chance that you really are an intelligent being, it's not coming through.

I'm not saying spaghetti meatballs ruin the batteries with their aura now, but I would say, when the God system works quantum physics or better on things in the universe, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
I'm not saying you actually know what you are rambling about but I would say that you're not playing with the full deck.
The elevator definitely doesn't go all the way to the top floor.

2019-10-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-19 18:16
Not wanting to diss anyones faith but for that to stand, there would need to be a such a being, wouldnt there? but lets say there is such a thing as, God, it would be the equivalent of a young child using a magnifying glass on anthill, i just did a quick search,

This right here explains a lot........  

I didn't read that book or any book.
2019-10-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-19 19:55
Wow .. I missed that post.The fact you don't accept Solar Flares as a possibility shows your ignorance.  

That you continue to dispaly manifest ignorance with every post, shows what a total tosser you are.

"I'm not saying you actually know what you are rambling about but I would say that you're not playing with the full deck.
The elevator definitely doesn't go all the way to the top floor."

If you are saying I'm smarter than where I think I am now then thx.  I'm gradually getting there and using everyone as exercise.
2019-10-20
Use props
PhantomPhil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

marios5 Posted at 10-19 03:42

That's an interesting theory.
2019-10-20
Use props
ATJ
Captain
United States

EdM Posted at 10-19 19:46
Beginning to think we all have Ant totally wrong.  I think he likes playing the village idiot to gain as much attention as he can.   In his own moronic way he really likes pushing people's buttons so he can think up some other outlandish comment to make.  Of course, I could be wrong.

I think your assessment of this guy, EdM, is closer to the truth than any. That's why we have to stop responding to his posts. That is the only way he is going to go away.
2019-10-20
Use props
Archangel3356
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Is their anyway to block a user so you don’t need to see their posts at all? I’ve learned so much about my equipment from users like labroieds over the years that’s it’s annoying to be constantly interrupted by ridiculous noise  throughout these forums from one user over and over again.  I truly hate to see intelligent teachers respond and waste their precious time to a complete imbecile. Question to DJI ? Why would you want to lose the best people on this board. These are the people that actually help us all everyday.  Sad situation.
2019-10-20
Use props
fans63d5ff69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1470968 ft
United States

I don't mean to sound critical or judgemental but my question is, was there a battery pre-flight inspection done before it was used? Was there any swelling or was the battery damaged in anyway or sign of a short of the connectors of the battery or aircraft?  What was the weather like the day of the incident, was there any chance moisture could have been a problem or high humidity, or maybe wet ground? I am not trying to put blame on you but I would think that the battery had to be damaged in some way for it to exploded like that.
2019-10-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans63d5ff69 Posted at 10-20 10:53
I don't mean to sound critical or judgemental but my question is, was there a battery pre-flight inspection done before it was used? Was there any swelling or was the battery damaged in anyway or sign of a short of the connectors of the battery or aircraft?  What was the weather like the day of the incident, was there any chance moisture could have been a problem or high humidity, or maybe wet ground? I am not trying to put blame on you but I would think that the battery had to be damaged in some way for it to exploded like that.

When someone says 'exploded', usually they are not describing what actually happened, the word is greatly misused. If something truly explodes, then there should be an audible bang, and the object will be scattered in all directions. And, in this case, it appears to be what happened. But for an explosion to take place in the battery, it must be tightly contained, and that is not the case with LiPo batteries. They are fairly loosely assembled, such that if something goes wrong, there is at best, a loud pop.

And to cause them to catch fire, the most usual cause is a puncture to the cell layers. For this reason, I wonder if the early hypothesis of someone shooting at the aircraft is a more likely scenario. It would explain the loud bang the OP heard, and also why the battery was totally consumed, if a bullet or pellet pierced the cell layers.
2019-10-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Archangel3356 Posted at 10-20 07:07
Is their anyway to block a user so you don’t need to see their posts at all? I’ve learned so much about my equipment from users like labroieds over the years that’s it’s annoying to be constantly interrupted by ridiculous noise  throughout these forums from one user over and over again.  I truly hate to see intelligent teachers respond and waste their precious time to a complete imbecile. Question to DJI ? Why would you want to lose the best people on this board. These are the people that actually help us all everyday.  Sad situation.
Many forums have a way to block certain members - I'm not sure this one does.

I credit the mods for not over-reacting.  Obviously there are cases where moderator action is swiftly needed, but in most cases, in my experience, the best forums are policed by the membership while quietly monitored by the mods.  This is one of those cases.  MHO.

Also, let's be honest, I think there is a certain entertainment value associated with threads such as this...
2019-10-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 10-20 00:49
I didn't read that book or any book.

Then stop referring to something you know diddly about then

And, fyi, 0.00000001% is not actually a chance, its more like a variable, more like a +/-, and most certainly not a full chance as its 1/100000000 of a chance, therefore not a whole chance, am i being picky, its 2:10am, ive just got up cause one of the dogs needed to drop a load, so yeah, deffo being picky ;)
2019-10-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 10-20 13:00
When someone says 'exploded', usually they are not describing what actually happened, the word is greatly misused. If something truly explodes, then there should be an audible bang, and the object will be scattered in all directions. And, in this case, it appears to be what happened. But for an explosion to take place in the battery, it must be tightly contained, and that is not the case with LiPo batteries. They are fairly loosely assembled, such that if something goes wrong, there is at best, a loud pop.

And to cause them to catch fire, the most usual cause is a puncture to the cell layers. For this reason, I wonder if the early hypothesis of someone shooting at the aircraft is a more likely scenario. It would explain the loud bang the OP heard, and also why the battery was totally consumed, if a bullet or pellet pierced the cell layers.

Much more likely, and just because its his own land, does not mean its not possible
2019-10-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-20 17:11
Then stop referring to something you know diddly about then

And, fyi, 0.00000001% is not actually a chance, its more like a variable, more like a +/-, and most certainly not a full chance as its 1/100000000 of a chance, therefore not a whole chance, am i being picky, its 2:10am, ive just got up cause one of the dogs needed to drop a load, so yeah, deffo being picky ;)

The God system is what I call it, but because there is a book, it would be mistaken.  They made a card bank called ISIS, but because the terrorists ISIS already coined that around the world, they removed it.  Obama tried fixing it with ISIL, but that never went around.  Just as kids were a name of a young goat as the college English professor was saying the correct word should be children and trying to fix it, sometimes we just have to stay with how the world sees it.

I will refrain from saying the God system from now and find something else, but indeed, there are (?) overseeing and controlling at their own will beyond methods we would ever understand and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
2019-10-20
Use props
marios5
South Africa

ATJ Posted at 10-19 03:42
Don't' fall into the ant trap mario5, next thing he'll be telling you is the strap around the wires caused you battery to explode?

Thanks ATJ
2019-10-22
Use props
marios5
South Africa

Labroides Posted at 10-19 05:58

Good one
2019-10-22
Use props
marios5
South Africa

fans63d5ff69 Posted at 10-20 10:53
I don't mean to sound critical or judgemental but my question is, was there a battery pre-flight inspection done before it was used? Was there any swelling or was the battery damaged in anyway or sign of a short of the connectors of the battery or aircraft?  What was the weather like the day of the incident, was there any chance moisture could have been a problem or high humidity, or maybe wet ground? I am not trying to put blame on you but I would think that the battery had to be damaged in some way for it to exploded like that.

No one of the above mentioned was present. The weather was actually perfect and lovely day of about 22 degrees celsius.
2019-10-22
Use props
marios5
South Africa

Geebax Posted at 10-20 13:00

Geebax

Somebody who shot the aircraft was my first thought when I heard the bang sound and the disconnection, but there was no one near as it happened on our farm and the nearest neighbour, a friend of mine, was not at home for the weekend.
2019-10-22
Use props
marios5
South Africa

Bashy Posted at 10-20 17:12
Much more likely, and just because its his own land, does not mean its not possible

Bashy, yes I agree, anything is possible, but that must have take somebody to sniped it at a height of 82m from a distance of about 1.8km.
2019-10-22
Use props
fans85eb1f9e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

My lost connection today over the ocean and it never returned home and I watched it descend into the ocean!  Been flying for years and DJI won't replace their defective equipment because it was over 12 months
2019-10-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans85eb1f9e Posted at 10-23 17:07
My lost connection today over the ocean and it never returned home and I watched it descend into the ocean!  Been flying for years and DJI won't replace their defective equipment because it was over 12 months

Why do you say it was defective equipment? In the majority of cases like this, the equipment is not defective, there are other factors. Go to this web site and follow the instructions to upload your flight log: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ THen come back and post a link to the result, we can then look at the data to see if it reveals a reason for the loss.
2019-10-23
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

You need to start another post. You may get more people to respond and find out what really happened.
2019-10-23
Use props
marios5
South Africa

Why do you think you lost connection? Did the battery perhaps exploded?
2019-10-24
Use props
marios5
South Africa

To all the people here on the forum who gave me so much support and advice, I got some fantastic news today, excellent service from DJI, I really did not expect that. I post their feedback:

We are terribly sorry for the frustrating experience you have had with the aircraft. We'd love to sort out the case and don't want to lose you as a valuable customer. To show our appreciation for you as a valued customer, we would love to offer the free replacement service for your Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 (Excluding Remote Controller and Battery Charger). Please kindly bring or send the unit to our recommended service center in the South Africa region. To avoid customs clearance issues of your region, we will send Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 (Excluding Remote Controller and Battery Charger) to the dealer's address.
2019-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules