Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warranty on unused product
1878 5 2019-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matekudzoshi
lvl.1

Hi,
I'm about to buy Mavic Pro Platinum, it is brand new in sealed box as advertised, the guy bought it in Ireland year ago and never used it. I'm wondering when does the 2 year manufacurer warranty starts? If it is from the date of purchase or date the product was actually first registered and used. And also if I can purchase the care refresh plan for it?

Thanks for quick reply
2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi matekudzoshi, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered. If you cannot provide invoice or other valid proof of purchase, then the warranty period will start from 90 days after the production date that shows on the product.

DJI Care Refresh can be bound to your DJI product when it meets one of the following criteria:
· Brand new and un-activated product;

· Aircraft or gimbal activated within the last 48 hours;
· Repaired in an official DJI Service Center (within 72 hours of receiving email invitation);
· Aircraft approved via video verification.

If the drone is brand-new and neven been activated, yes, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh before activation or within 48 hours after the drone is activated.

2019-10-14
Use props
matekudzoshi
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-14 04:55
Hi matekudzoshi, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered. If you cannot provide invoice or other valid proof of purchase, then the warranty period will start from 90 days after the production date that shows on the product.

DJI Care Refresh can be bound to your DJI product when it meets one of the following criteria:

Hi
Thanks for info. I have talked to DJI support and they said the 2 year manufacturer warranty starts on the day of product registration. So what you wrote contradicts it. Now I'm confused.
They confirmed that DJI Care Refresh can be bound to the product if it wasn't registered yet.
I would like to also know how can I check if the drone wasn't previously registered. To be sure I'm buying brand new product. Thanks for reply.
2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

matekudzoshi Posted at 10-14 14:18
Hi
Thanks for info. I have talked to DJI support and they said the 2 year manufacturer warranty starts on the day of product registration. So what you wrote contradicts it. Now I'm confused.
They confirmed that DJI Care Refresh can be bound to the product if it wasn't registered yet.

May I know how did you contact our support? By phone, email or online chat? If it is convenient, please kindly offer your phone number or email address when you contacted our support, we'll investigate and avoid similar troubles in the future.
As for the warranty, please kindly refer to my previous reply, you may also find it in our policy: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer

For a brand new unit, a message will pop up and require to activate when you connect all devices properly, you may check.
11.png
2019-10-14
Use props
matekudzoshi
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-14 20:00
May I know how did you contact our support? By phone, email or online chat? If it is convenient, please kindly offer your phone number or email address when you contacted our support, we'll investigate and avoid similar troubles in the future.
As for the warranty, please kindly refer to my previous reply, you may also find it in our policy: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer

Hi, thanks for reply. I contacted online chat support. Is there any way to check if the drone was activated before opening the box? Like via product number or so?

Please see the screenshot of online chat communication attached.

2019-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

matekudzoshi Posted at 10-15 05:31
Hi, thanks for reply. I contacted online chat support. Is there any way to check if the drone was activated before opening the box? Like via product number or so?

Please see the screenshot of online chat communication attached.

The issue with our support team will be forwarded to the related team for investigation, please refer to the policy in our website.
You can PM me the serial number of the drone so that we can help to check.
2019-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules