Cannot Download Osmo Mobile 3 + DJI Mimo Videos
4036 3 2019-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chi-Ho Lam
lvl.2

This is driving me nuts now!

I use a Osmo Mobile 3 with iPhone XS - it records fine - and saves as a .MP4 file.  The videos can be seen in the iPhone standard photos app.

However, I can't download them to a PC.  When I plug in a lightning cable I can find them as AEBC2323a.MP4 by navigating to it in Explorer - whereas DJI Mimo app shows it as DJI_xxxxxxxxx.mp4.  Trying to copy the oddly named mp4 fails with an error.

Even though the videos appear in the camera roll/iPhone Photos App, and I can view the videos on the iPhone - they do not get uploaded to iCloud Photos (so I can't download from there).

I can't find anything in the Mimo App where you can export to phone (although I know it is "on the phone").

Do I need to do something to get it in a format I can export?  How is everyone else getting videos off an iPhone from the MIMO app?
2019-10-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Try the windows import wizard to get the mp4s to your PC.
2019-10-14
Use props
Chi-Ho Lam
lvl.2

DAFlys Posted at 10-14 05:44
Try the windows import wizard to get the mp4s to your PC.

Oddly that does not work - it doesn't recognise the file.  I have found a slightly long winded way of doing it.

On the iPhone - selecting the videos and "Add to Files" - then jumping into iCloud to download from "Files".  However, that means I have to wait for it to be uploaded to the cloud, and then download - which adds a potential delay, and may be not possible say if I am out.

Ideally would like a direct way - will re-investigate the Windows Import Wizard again in case.
2019-10-14
Use props
Museerne
New

Denmark

Chi-Ho Lam Posted at 2019-10-14 08:06
Oddly that does not work - it doesn't recognise the file.  I have found a slightly long winded way of doing it.

On the iPhone - selecting the videos and "Add to Files" - then jumping into iCloud to download from "Files".  However, that means I have to wait for it to be uploaded to the cloud, and then download - which adds a potential delay, and may be not possible say if I am out.

I have the exact same problem with a video which is over 1 hour - this means I can't use the edit function.

The suggested solution with "save to files" doesn't seem to help either.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Regards
Rasmus
2020-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules