Flying in Sand
654 2 2019-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drillville
New

Hello!

I will be going to Peru this December and might possibly go sandboarding while I am there which could make for some AWESOME footage. Would a Peruvian desert destroy a Mavic Pro Platinum even if using a landing pad for taking off and landing? I just was curious about how much sand is in the air. Any suggestions, tips, tricks are welcome!

Thanks!
2019-10-14
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

I've not flown around sand, but i can tell you if you get any sand in the gimbal it is dead, your motors can actually push out small amounts of sand and your fan inside the drone should also be able to take a small amount. Overall no amount of sand is good for your drone, but the gimbal is dead if you get even a tiny amount in the gimbal motors. This experience comes from beach sand however, I'm not sure if this would apply to desert sand.
2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Drillville. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who traveled to Peru and flew there drone in Peru. Please fly with caution when flying on sandy locations. Sand might affect parts of the drone or the drone itself when flying. In addition I will post a link where in you can check if a certain location in Peru is free to fly your DJI drone or if a certain loaction in Peru is a No Fly Zone NFZ ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ). Thank you.
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules