Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin SC - recommended add-ons? Smaller case? Better bottom screw?
684 2 2019-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anterialis
lvl.1

Hi!
I purchased the Ronin SC today and I am currently using it with my (heavy...) setup consisting of Canon 6dii and the 16-35L f4 lense. The camera hits the back motor when trying to pan too far upwards (moving the ronin sc forward toward the ground), but this was expected. I prefer the lighter weight, and I am also planning on getting the EOS R which I hope will be a better match.

A few questions:

1) I've watched this video (t=00:53) and the screws which he got seem a lot better/easier to use. Do you guys know which screw this is and where I can get it?

2) I would like to see that the case provied with the Ronin SC was smaller. Is there a good smaller third party case you could recommend? Anybody with experience using this case?

3) Any recommendations for a small, light wide angel prime lense for the canon EF mount? Prefferebly around 10-20 mm, no more than f4,5. Must be lighter, critical sharpness/quality is not that important as I will be using it for video only (1080p, 4K).

Thank you =)
2019-10-14
Use props
Anterialis
lvl.1

To answer my own thread: I might have found some suggestions, please give me some feedback if you have experience with the products I am suggesting!
2019-10-15
Use props
Anterialis
lvl.1

To answer my own thread: I might have found some suggestions, please give me some feedback if you have experience with the products I am suggesting!

1) I finally found out what to include in my search, "1/4" screw with D-ring". I found this on amazon, what do you think?

2) I still haven't found a good replacement as my main criteria is a smaller case. It doesn't have to be waterproof or a hard case. A small softcase or something similar would be great. The case I linked to in my previus post seem to be just as big as the original case.

3) Samyang/Rokinon seem to have a few lenses which has gotten OK reviews. Do you have a suggestion for a wide prime (could be a zoom lense, but I guess prime lenses are cheaper) suited for video use? Has to be for Canon EF-mount. E.g. Samyang AF 14mm F2.8? Anybody with experience using this lens? Autofocus fast and reliable?

EDIT: I could no longer edit my previous post (which got posted before completed)...
2019-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules