16893 13 2019-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>

DJI,

I've recently purchased the DJI FPV Remote Controller.  As I'm learning to fly FPV I'm using this controller with the 'Liftoff' (flight simulator software).  I reached out to Liftoff regarding your Remote Controller not being recognized in their software automatically.  Right now your controller shows as "UNKNOWN" and must be configured in their software.  Below is the resonse I received from them.

Cut/Paste from LiftOff Developer Community:

LuGus Studios  [developer] Oct 13 @ 5:27pm
This is not up to us, it's up to DJI, changes need to be made on DJI's side to make that possible. We've reached out to them, but communication with the company is quite challenging. We've talked to a few representatives, but so far we haven't noticed any interest on their side to work with us. Communication has been slow, and currently they simply stopped responding to our email conversation.

-------------------End of Cut/Paste-------------------

As a consumer I would ask to please reach out to LiftOff development team to ensure your DJI FPV Remote Controller works with one of the most widely used flight simulator software packages available today.

Regards,
Ron

2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ron. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us. Let me please cascade this thread/information to the proper DJI department for further development of the DJI FPV and  of DJI. Thank you for raising this topic and thank you for your support.
2019-10-14
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-14 15:22
Hello and good day Ron. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us. Let me please cascade this thread/information to the proper DJI department for further development of the DJI FPV and  of DJI. Thank you for raising this topic and thank you for your support.

Thank you very much!  
2019-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome Ron. If you have any other suggestions request or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2019-10-15
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-15 12:15
You are very much welcome Ron. If you have any other suggestions request or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

Is the Liftoff the ONLY sim that can be used?  

Does DJI not have their OWN proprietary SIM?
2019-10-19
Use props
famtory
lvl.2

South Korea

The USB port on the transmitter can not any simulator. The only way is to connect the USB dongle to the transmitter's ppm port. You need USB dongle.  - used google translate.
2019-10-20
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

geoffz Posted at 10-19 20:25
Is the Liftoff the ONLY sim that can be used?  

Does DJI not have their OWN proprietary SIM?

No, there are other flight simulators out there.  Liftoffs the one I've researched the most and seems to have a solid reputation.  I've been using for the past 2 weeks now.  It's the only SIM i've used to date so can't give you any comparisons.

Oh, and DJI does not have their own flight SIM.  

2019-10-21
Use props
QuadcopterGuide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

does this still not work?
2019-12-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

QuadcopterGuide Posted at 12-2 12:57
does this still not work?

Earlier today (Monday 12/2/2019) DJI released a new firmware version for the DJI FPV System.  I just got home from work and updated the firmware on the Remote Controller (RC).

Just tested in the Flight SIM (LiftOFF) and its now seeing the Controller as "HID" without the use of any special cables.  Works now with a USB connection to PC.  

Looks good now!   

DJI Announcement Cut/Paste:

Overview:
    Date: 2019.12.02
    Air Unit Firmware: v01.00.02.00
    Goggles Firmware: v01.00.02.00
    Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.02.00
    DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series): v2.0.0
2019-12-2
Use props
QuadcopterGuide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

RGMGFitness Posted at 12-2 13:13
Earlier today (Monday 12/2/2019) DJI released a new firmware version for the DJI FPV System.  I just got home from work and updated the firmware on the Remote Controller (RC).

Just tested in the Flight SIM (LiftOFF) and its now seeing the Controller as "HID" without the use of any special cables.  Works now with a USB connection to PC.  

sweeet!
awesome saves me buying another adapter cable
2019-12-4
Use props
Sascha.ES
lvl.4
Germany

RGMGFitness Posted at 2019-12-2 13:13
Earlier today (Monday 12/2/2019) DJI released a new firmware version for the DJI FPV System.  I just got home from work and updated the firmware on the Remote Controller (RC).

Does Liftoff with the current firmware also work on Apple IMAC without a special cable?
2020-9-9
Use props
JurnFPV
lvl.2

Netherlands

Sascha.ES Posted at 9-9 08:24
Does Liftoff with the current firmware also work on Apple IMAC without a special cable?

Hi Sascha,
Yes it should work. I'm using the DJI FPV remote controller in Liftoff on my Macbook Pro (Catalina) and Hackintosh (Mojave) with a usb-c cable.
2020-9-14
Use props
HarryKlondon
lvl.1

United Kingdom

JurnFPV Posted at 2020-9-14 04:44
Hi Sascha,
Yes it should work. I'm using the DJI FPV remote controller in Liftoff on my Macbook Pro (Catalina) and Hackintosh (Mojave) with a usb-c cable.

Hey, did you have to do something in particular in order to get this to work? I
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_j448rsApKXro
New

United States

Hey guys I was having issues with this and it turned out you need to install all the firmware and connect all 4 devices (drone, controller, headset and phone) and accept the license agreement in the app (so you are basically about to take off) in order to activate the controller. My windows wasn't even accepting the raw input from the controller before this. Probably has to do with accepting the license agreement if I had to guess. Best of luck.
2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules