DJI GL300E for mavic air ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gman4MF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57861 ft

Hey guys & gals,

I own both the mavic air fly more combo & the Phantom 4 advanced plus, which includes the GL300e RC (Bright screen & dedicated android system/DJI go app included).

I want to use the gl300e with my mavic air which obviously i can't. DJI should release special firmware to do so. I payed for Both so i should be allowed to use both as i please... And i find it ridiculous to almost be obliged to buy an extra phone for dedicated use to fly the mavic air ( i use the Samsung S8+ but the app crashes often, even with all background apps killed and set the airplane mode).

1. Did anyone manage to get them working together? Either with official or unofficial firmware ?
2. What are the best settings to use my Samsung S8+ with the mavic air ? Any tips suggestions are more than welcome (plz do not tell me what to buy, this is not what i need/nor what i am asking for).

Thnx in advance...
2019-10-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain

Reality check needed here, call in the Reality Adjusters.....
2019-10-15
Use props
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4127283 ft
  • >>>

Not possible.

Thr Phantom remote doesn’t transmit over WiFi.
2019-10-15
Use props
Gman4MF
lvl.2
Indonesia

Thnx for reply
What's the difference exactly?
On specs it shows the gl300e remote operates on 2.4 & 5.8 GHz
For the Mavic air it seems that the DJI GO 4 app chooses a frequency band automatically by default, but users can manually select between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequencies. Or is that for video transfers only? Anyone knows where to find more details info about the frequencies & technology the various RC's operate their drones?
2019-10-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

It doesn’t work.
2019-10-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Your loss, not ours. haha

DJI loves making proprietary parts and batteries for their individual models.

RedHotPoker
2019-10-17
Use props
Gman4MF
lvl.2
Indonesia

If anyone knows where to find more details/info about the frequencies & technology the various RC's operate their drones that would be very helpfull.
2019-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules