New Batteries for P4P V2 issues
1726 7 2019-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric19
lvl.2

Hi All

Read some feedback on the battery issues.....but not what I wanted.

Here goes, my P4P V2 is 14 mths old, recently the original batteries started to expand. Was told not to use, so I bought new batteries. After charging the new batteries, put into the drone and guess what, Cannot Take Off sign appeared, overall status read, "Battery not installed properly, unable to take off. Check and reinstalled battery."

Read up on the froum, some says contact point issues, just push it in again should be fine. Well, I did that and the "Cannot Take Off" sign disappear. Horray, I thought it was solved. Once I take off, darn, the rear green blinking light turn into solid red. Everything elase on the screen looks normal. Since it was showing red instead of the normal blinking green, decided to play safe and not to fly.

So, does anyone have the same issues ? What can I do so that I can fly safely. have feed back to the vendor, they says they will check with HQ.

One thing though, the batteries works well with my Version 1 P4P pro. Thanks for your reply.

Battery not install

Battery not install

Cannot take off

Cannot take off

Gap

Gap

2019-10-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

You have to discharge the battery completely, recycle it, and use one that doesn't have cancer.

B&H has legit batteries.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1298129-REG/dji_cp_pt_000601_intelligent_flight_battery_for.html
2019-10-15
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft

maybe you should check for bent contacts in the drone and on the battery.
but, what I see is a battery in a pic that is not plugged in correctly all the way into the drone.
there should not be any gap between battery body and drone body.
when you snap the battery into the drone there should be 2 clicks securing the battery in place.

2019-10-15
Use props
Eric19
lvl.2

Sick Dawg Posted at 10-15 20:05
maybe you should check for bent contacts in the drone and on the battery.
but, what I see is a battery in a pic that is not plugged in correctly all the way into the drone.
there should not be any gap between battery body and drone body.

that's as far as the battery can sit.....worst case is to sand the side down using grade 1 paper......until HQ replies.
2019-10-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain

AntDX316 Posted at 10-15 19:56
You have to discharge the battery completely, recycle it, and use one that doesn't have cancer.

B&H has legit batteries.

Shut up and stop giving stupid advice. Sick Dawg has the right answer.
2019-10-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>

Geebax Posted at 10-15 21:33
Shut up and stop giving stupid advice. Sick Dawg has the right answer.

That's ok if critical flight doesn't matter.  Crash landing on people and property could lead to a lot of bunch of problems.

I had a battery explode in flight when I was on my racer quad but it was when I was near me on the way back.  It started to smoke after the pop and I tossed it.  Some batteries may never pop but it's a risk you have to take when you want to save money.
2019-10-15
Use props
djiuser_54f4smbQbQxr
New

India

Battery not installed properly. Unable to take off. Check and re-install battery
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_54f4smbQbQxr Posted at 10-1 20:24
Battery not installed properly. Unable to take off. Check and re-install battery

Hi there. Please check if the battery buckle is properly mounted. To ensure that the battery is mounted properly, the Phantom 4 Pro has built-in a detector inside the battery compartment. Also, try using a dry tissue to wipe the metal contact pins on the battery and the contact pins in the battery compartment. If you have extra batteries, please check if it shows the same issue. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules