4557 41 2019-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>

Hi everyone,
I updated my M2P to the most current firmware that was released a few weeks ago, but I noticed the M2P drifts (yaw left) by itself. I did IMU & Compass calibration as well as RC sticks calibration, but the issue exists. I noticed it in Hyperlapse 2 times and 3 times while taking a video or shot.

I have not done firmware refresh, but I wanted to see if anyone faced this issue? Any suggestions?
2019-10-16
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft

I haven't had this issue so far. I also updated my M2P a couple of weeks ago.
2019-10-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please provide us a sample video showing the problem for us to further isolate the problem? Also, you may refresh your firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-10-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

calibrate your sticks, mine drifts as well and its because the sticks have drift.  

i hate it, DJI needs to address this issue in an update because i calibrated the drift out for it to only return later exactly the same seems to be certain units prone to this issue,   long story short if you are suffering stick drift, be prepared to calibrate on a fairly regular basis. i may lose calibration next day or a couple weeks later but it will again.
2019-10-17
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

kovat53 Posted at 10-16 22:27
I haven't had this issue so far. I also updated my M2P a couple of weeks ago.

Glad you have not. It's so annoying.
2019-10-17
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-17 09:03
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please provide us a sample video showing the problem for us to further isolate the problem? Also, you may refresh your firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Thanks, Gamora for your reply. I will have to do it as a last resort, but I wanted to see if anyone else has faced this issue.
2019-10-17
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-17 13:01
calibrate your sticks, mine drifts as well and its because the sticks have drift.  

i hate it, DJI needs to address this issue in an update because i calibrated the drift out for it to only return later exactly the same seems to be certain units prone to this issue,   long story short if you are suffering stick drift, be prepared to calibrate on a fairly regular basis. i may lose calibration next day or a couple weeks later but it will again.
I agree with you. I calibrated the sticks and it seemed to fix the issue for a flight but it returned again. I guess it's the firmware. I will do firmware refresh and I will report back.
2019-10-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dronespilot Posted at 10-17 15:48
Thanks, Gamora for your reply. I will have to do it as a last resort, but I wanted to see if anyone else has faced this issue.

You are always welcome! Hope that you could get the best possible suggestions from our fellow DJI members. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-10-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronespilot Posted at 10-17 15:51
I agree with you. I calibrated the sticks and it seemed to fix the issue for a flight but it returned again. I guess it's the firmware. I will do firmware refresh and I will report back.

i have done a couple refreshes and remains once it comes back.  it may take a while but it comes back at some point.. i half given up. :/  
2019-10-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-18 14:12
You are always welcome! Hope that you could get the best possible suggestions from our fellow DJI members. Thank you for your understanding.

can you forward this issue to firmware/software people as it appears to be an issue that can be fixed in an update.    both me and OP having the same issue where it theirs a phantom stick input causing the aircraft to drift laterally a bit. then we re calibrate the sticks on the RC and it fixes it for a short prior of time but the issue returns almost exactly as it appeared before, as if it forgot our calibration
2019-10-18
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-18 15:47
i have done a couple refreshes and remains once it comes back.  it may take a while but it comes back at some point.. i half given up. :/

It's always good to have a downgrade option. I guess if I still have the issue, that will be the choice.
2019-10-19
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-18 15:50
can you forward this issue to firmware/software people as it appears to be an issue that can be fixed in an update.    both me and OP having the same issue where it theirs a phantom stick input causing the aircraft to drift laterally a bit. then we re calibrate the sticks on the RC and it fixes it for a short prior of time but the issue returns almost exactly as it appeared before, as if it forgot our calibration

I second that.
2019-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-18 15:50
can you forward this issue to firmware/software people as it appears to be an issue that can be fixed in an update.    both me and OP having the same issue where it theirs a phantom stick input causing the aircraft to drift laterally a bit. then we re calibrate the sticks on the RC and it fixes it for a short prior of time but the issue returns almost exactly as it appeared before, as if it forgot our calibration

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send us a short video showing the problem and we will directly forward this to our designated department for further clarification. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-10-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-19 13:28
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send us a short video showing the problem and we will directly forward this to our designated department for further clarification. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

i may not have another phones or something out in the field with me when it happens again but if i do ill do it. but exactly as described.

randomly decides to have stick drift which causes the aircraft to move sideways left or right, for some reason it seems to be left biased.  recalibrate the sticks on the remote via the App and it fixes it.  then later it returns exactly the same as if it forgets the calibration.  sometimes simple reboot clears it out, sometimes have to calibrate it out, either way it will return. leads me to think it is software/firmware

some additional notes:

i also sometimes had my controller start up screaming at me (incessant beeping) with message on controller display saying "recenter sticks" but my sticks are untouched and centered, i rebooted and no beeping no errors.  

i have suffer 3 crashes (all very minor thankfully) because of this drifting can be hard to spot in live view  until it is too late.  so i consider this issue to be of priority because i'm not a novice operator and i can imagine this causing grief and lose of their drone to a novice who may not understand what is happening.  also i doubt warranty would support this claim as they seem to be unaware of how to filter out stick drift vs operator input and they would litterally consider this as if you constantly pushing stick 10-14% of input.
2019-10-19
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

My year old M2P started doing this for the first time about a week ago. I did an IMU, Stick and Gimbal calibration and it is again working fine.
2019-10-20
Use props
bojaneka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10952976 ft
  • >>>
Poland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-19 16:01
i may not have another phones or something out in the field with me when it happens again but if i do ill do it. but exactly as described.

randomly decides to have stick drift which causes the aircraft to move sideways left or right, for some reason it seems to be left biased.  recalibrate the sticks on the remote via the App and it fixes it.  then later it returns exactly the same as if it forgets the calibration.  sometimes simple reboot clears it out, sometimes have to calibrate it out, either way it will return. leads me to think it is software/firmware

I have the same after changing the software.
2019-10-21
Use props
bojaneka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10952976 ft
  • >>>
Poland

2019-10-21
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

Today I flew about half an hour just for trying the discussed problem. I can affirm, my Formerly updated M2P just works fine.
2019-10-21
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I was planning to do some production with my drone.  I haven't flown in a couple of weeks, so I'll see if mine is good or not.
2019-10-21
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

since discussing the issue mine hasn't done it again, still waiting on it it start acting up again.  
2019-10-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-19 16:01

randomly decides to have stick drift which causes the aircraft to move sideways left or right, for some reason it seems to be left biased.  recalibrate the sticks on the remote via the App and it fixes it.  then later it returns exactly the same as if it forgets the calibration.  sometimes simple reboot clears it out, sometimes have to calibrate it out, either way it will return. leads me to think it is software/firmware

I checked my flight records and found that the leftward drift input was 26%. Luckily no crashes.
2019-10-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 10-20 09:30
My year old M2P started doing this for the first time about a week ago. I did an IMU, Stick and Gimbal calibration and it is again working fine.

I did not do Gimbal calibration, but the issue comes and goes. It's not consistent and this is what makes it difficult to know what's causing it.
2019-10-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bojaneka Posted at 10-21 09:57

Can you check the flight records and see what the input percentage was?
2019-10-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

kovat53 Posted at 10-21 11:05
Today I flew about half an hour just for trying the discussed problem. I can affirm, my Formerly updated M2P just works fine.

The problem seems not affecting every drone, and I am happy this is the case. It's a bummer to have this issue, and I am glad you yours and @BrainKushner's do not have that.
2019-10-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Neo Supreme Posted at 10-21 11:16
I was planning to do some production with my drone.  I haven't flown in a couple of weeks, so I'll see if mine is good or not.

I hope yours does not have this issue.
2019-10-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-21 16:34
since discussing the issue mine hasn't done it again, still waiting on it it start acting up again.

Mine did not do it today when I tested it with Hyperlapse for 15 mins, but it did it randomly as I was recording a video with 24-25% input. I will try to upload the video tomorrow.
2019-10-21
Use props
fans2c4daa90
lvl.1

Chile

Hi, Rodrigo from CL, I'm having more or less the same problem
Even when I enter to control calibration in the App, I see the parameters moving by itself, only today I did this 5 times, I go for a test, and the controller isn't calibrated again, seems like the software is the problem.
The main thing, I crashed the drone in the first flight cause the left stick was 36% to the back, but I wasn't even touching the sticks, hopefully nothing serious happened to the craft, but I almost die.

Im trying to contact DJI without any luck today.
Please if you have news, post it.
Thanks
Rodrigo
2019-10-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans2c4daa90 Posted at 10-21 19:31
Hi, Rodrigo from CL, I'm having more or less the same problem
Even when I enter to control calibration in the App, I see the parameters moving by itself, only today I did this 5 times, I go for a test, and the controller isn't calibrated again, seems like the software is the problem.
The main thing, I crashed the drone in the first flight cause the left stick was 36% to the back, but I wasn't even touching the sticks, hopefully nothing serious happened to the craft, but I almost die.

I feel more confident that the firmware is affecting some of us.
2019-10-22
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I wonder whether this issue is also noticeable with Smart Controller? I hope one can confirm that.
2019-10-22
Use props
fans2c4daa90
lvl.1

United States

Hi Dronespilot, what do you mean with Smart controller? do you mean control by the phone? this I havent tried.
Im in a call now with DJI support, I'll let you know if this problem is fix.
2019-10-22
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans2c4daa90 Posted at 10-22 11:42
Hi Dronespilot, what do you mean with Smart controller? do you mean control by the phone? this I havent tried.
Im in a call now with DJI support, I'll let you know if this problem is fix.

No, I meant those who use the Smart Controller do they face the same issue? I am using the standard remote controller with an iPhone connected to it.
2019-10-22
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

dronespilot Posted at 10-21 18:23
The problem seems not affecting every drone, and I am happy this is the case. It's a bummer to have this issue, and I am glad you yours and @BrainKushner's do not have that.

Formerly I had Mavic Air, and after upgrading it came the  so called yaw problem. In this case I always refreshed all firmware, RC&AC, uninstalled Dji Go4, deleted all the related directories, and installed from scratch. It helped.
2019-10-23
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
United States

I have attempted to do the firmware upgrade multiple times, but I keep getting a 'Update Failed, Try Again Later' message.  I'm planning on using my drone for production.  I hope DJI gets it's stuff together and I hope this doesn't ruin my chance of any aerial footage.
2019-10-23
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

kovat53 Posted at 10-23 00:14
Formerly I had Mavic Air, and after upgrading it came the  so called yaw problem. In this case I always refreshed all firmware, RC&AC, uninstalled Dji Go4, deleted all the related directories, and installed from scratch. It helped.

I will do it that this weekend and try it. I hope it solves the problem.
2019-10-24
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Neo Supreme Posted at 10-23 05:32
I have attempted to do the firmware upgrade multiple times, but I keep getting a 'Update Failed, Try Again Later' message.  I'm planning on using my drone for production.  I hope DJI gets it's stuff together and I hope this doesn't ruin my chance of any aerial footage.

Try updating with the DJI Go 4 App. It is smoother than Assitant 2 for Mavic to my experience.
2019-10-24
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
United States

dronespilot Posted at 10-24 05:04
Try updating with the DJI Go 4 App. It is smoother than Assitant 2 for Mavic to my experience.

I did.  No dice.
2019-10-24
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That's a bummer.
2019-10-24
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I would contact, if you have not already, here's the link:
DJI support
2019-10-24
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

No drift for lucky me but it does sound like a variable speed controller issue with the motors. The rc and app only show total speed of motors and not individual speeds. If they are not balanced i presume you can then get drift. So it could be hardware or software, but limited to only some m2.
2019-10-24
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans48f0c1a5 Posted at 10-24 07:04
No drift for lucky me but it does sound like a variable speed controller issue with the motors. The rc and app only show total speed of motors and not individual speeds. If they are not balanced i presume you can then get drift. So it could be hardware or software, but limited to only some m2.

That's good news that yours does not have this. I am assuming the firmware is causing this. If it was hardware the drift would have been consistent. I think doing firmware refresh should be the solution. I did firmware refresh but have not had a chance to test it yet. Probably this weekend I will have a chance to do so.
2019-10-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules