Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile 3 + Android - only 4:3 in photo mode?
7277 30 2019-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Krause31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>

Hello,
today my osmo mobile 3 arrived and it works great with my galaxy note 8. But in photo mode, i have only the 4:3 size and i cannot change it. The same as with my osmo mobile 1! Thats, why i bought the osmo mobile 3! Should that be so or is this still changed in a future update?

best regards from germany
markus
2019-10-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to check if you still experience the same problem? Also, we will directly forward this concern to our designated department for further clarification. We will surely provide you feedback once we hear from them. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-10-17
Use props
Krause31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-17 09:54
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try to use a different mobile device to check if you still experience the same problem? Also, we will directly forward this concern to our designated department for further clarification. We will surely provide you feedback once we hear from them. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!

Hello Gamora,
now i have tested it with the Galaxy A7 (2018) and the Huawei Mate 9 and it is the same...only 4:3 ratio and no settings to change it!

Can you fix this bug please?

Greetings Markus
2019-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Krause31 Posted at 10-19 01:38
Hello Gamora,
now i have tested it with the Galaxy A7 (2018) and the Huawei Mate 9 and it is the same...only 4:3 ratio and no settings to change it!

Hi, thank you for your response. In order to better match the way the mobile native camera shot, Osmo Mobile 3 only uses a 4:3 shooting ratio, thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-10-19
Use props
Tony_Br
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-19 13:40
Hi, thank you for your response. In order to better match the way the mobile native camera shot, Osmo Mobile 3 only uses a 4:3 shooting ratio, thank you for your understanding and support.

This reply makes no sense whatsoever.

The most  logical aspect ratio to support is the camera’s native aspect ratio.  The app does this when in video mode, so why not in still shot mode.

Who on Earth uses 4:3 on a phone camera?

It is a bug - please fix it!
2019-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Tony_Br Posted at 10-24 15:44
This reply makes no sense whatsoever.

The most  logical aspect ratio to support is the camera’s native aspect ratio.  The app does this when in video mode, so why not in still shot mode.

Hi, we really appreciate your response. We will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you and again sorry for the inconvenience.
2019-10-25
Use props
djiuser_ZXLvemE38hdZ
New

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-25 14:54
Hi, we really appreciate your response. We will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you and again sorry for the inconvenience.

I use a Galaxy S9 and I am also very disappointed that only 4: 3 is supported.
This is a picture format from the Middle Ages.
Please let the user decide which format he wants to use.
I hope this bug is fixed quickly.
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ZXLvemE38hdZ Posted at 10-27 02:30
I use a Galaxy S9 and I am also very disappointed that only 4: 3 is supported.
This is a picture format from the Middle Ages.
Please let the user decide which format he wants to use.

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. This concern is already raised to our designated department. For latest news and updates, you can subscribed to our official website at https://www.dji.com/ . Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-10-28
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shame same here 4:3 only we are not all IOS(apple) users here please sort this issue ...
2019-10-29
Use props
djiuser_elv2gFNu1EnJ
New
Switzerland

Same problem on Samsung s10+
2019-11-2
Use props
djiuser_UnKc4QRoeUOC
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Apparently 4:3 ratio is making a coming back in the photo world. However it would be nice to give us the opportunity to select 16:9 aspect ratio.
2019-12-7
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

I subscribe to this one. Big disappointment.
2019-12-9
Use props
jcdnxs
lvl.1
Portugal

Forget about the GJI MIMO  application. We just buy a gimbal without software, if you want more we have to buy another gimbal of another brand that has a department that can make software because DJI is NOT ABLE TO DEVELOP A CAPABLE APPLICATION. So if you are not satisfied get rid of Osmo 3 and buy another Gimbal from another brand!
2019-12-9
Use props
jcdnxs
lvl.1
Portugal

Or buy a IPHONE!!
2019-12-9
Use props
vcpatt
New

Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-19 13:40
Hi, thank you for your response. In order to better match the way the mobile native camera shot, Osmo Mobile 3 only uses a 4:3 shooting ratio, thank you for your understanding and support.

Not a correct and smart answer! You better dig in more before answering.
Looks like DJI OSMO 3 engineer thinking is going backward or up side down..LOL.
4:3 only for welcoming 2020.
2019-12-29
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Still no fix for this issue, unbelievable.
2019-12-30
Use props
info
New
Greece

Same thing with my Galaxy Note. DJI osmo is a nice piece of hardware... but you are so slow in fixing bugs in software that you are spoiling the joy
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_dswUe2jzPGY1
New

Ukraine

jcdnxs Posted at 2019-12-9 23:25
Or buy a IPHONE!!

It's the same on an iPhone!!!
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_dswUe2jzPGY1
New

Ukraine

Or buy a IPHONE!!

It's the same on an iPhone!!!
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_AyKfZkpRt9Yo
New

France

Same here. Really a shame!!!!
I just buy it and see this on my note 10+...
So it will return to amazon tomorrow
2020-1-20
Use props
bestco
lvl.1
United States

I just received my new Osmo Mobile 3 and found out about this shortcoming too, can' believe in 2020 this device still doesn't support 16:9 ratio in photo mode, huge disappointment!
2020-1-30
Use props
Jach
New

Denmark

Same on the brand new Samsung S20+

Sorry, but osmo 3 is crap for photos!!!! still only 4:3

Please fire up on R/D!!!!!! ....
2020-5-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Isn't 16:9 just a crop from 4:3 that you can easily do yourself?
2020-6-1
Use props
bailey marks
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for a great product, got it earlier today and haven't put it down, it's going to be great on set for BTS.
BUT, yeah, what a disappointment, I thougt it was just me being really THICK, but no, there are no settings to change it ans it is what it is.

I will keep the gimble because it is so good, but a little bit bile will rise in my mouth ever time i use the photo element!!

I hope it can be fixed. Goodluck
Bx
2020-6-6
Use props
blackartz
New

United Kingdom

Yep, disappointing that I can't use the usual photo sizing on my Pixel 3
2020-7-7
Use props
djiuser_Hf77QxaGZAdy
New
Germany

I wish I had read this before I bought and unpacked the device. This is a real downer... 4:3 just reminds me of my childhood...
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_NZZaixD8vEUi
lvl.1
Italy

Or buy a IPHONE!!

Why buy an iPhone when it is lacking in the camera department compared to most Android flagship phones? Plus they are way to expensive for what Apple will let you do with them. But I guess ...  sheeple ... Meh
2020-8-2
Use props
fans5451f22d
New

Canada

The only 4:3 for picture mode is a big problem and headache. That make this product lost 1/3 value at least for me.
2020-8-21
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Publish on 2019/10/17 today 22 August 2020 and no DJI changes will have to activate you and make updates. For information a friend wanted to buy the Osmo mobile 3 and I did not advise him for the lack of tracking and finding bugs.
2020-8-22
Use props
Thanassis T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180791 ft
Greece

Problem solved with new firmware (26 Aug 2020), but it is the only one solved!
2020-8-29
Use props
Jcgm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112362 ft
Portugal

today works 16:9 to, upgrade firmware.
2020-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules