Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using an ipad with Mavic 2 Pro
4619 4 2019-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mainuh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 810348 ft

Greetings,
Have a new M2P coming tomorrow, replacing my old Phantom 3 Pro. I always used my iPhone 6S Plus with my P3P, but would like to get a small tablet (prefer iPad as we have iPhones and a MavBook Pro). I've found several good deals online for refurbished ipad minis and v3's but wondered if there was a minimum IOS that will work with DJI and that they make an app for the ipad mini or v3. I can still use my iPhone, but would prefer a dedicated apple based tablet. Nothing huge and hopefully not too expensive (spent more than I should have on the M2P bundle already!).  Suggestions?

Thanks!
Don
2019-10-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend you to use a recommended mobile device to run the application for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Also, hope that you will get the best recommendation and suggestions from our valued DJI members here in Forum. You may also refer to the image below for the recommended mobile device listed below. Thank you for your continued support!

2019-10-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I use the iPad mini 4 with mine. never had any issues.
2019-10-17
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad mini 4 is your safe bet here and you can live stream from it as Apple doesn't let anyone alter their protocols (OS). The dJI Version of Android Cannot do this.
2019-10-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

mini 5 is better then mini 4, brighter display and extra non reflective stuff on LCD making it easier to read in sun as well.   also Mini 5 is a lot more powerful means more versatile and should last longer life time.  A12 processor which is a huge step up from the A8 found in the Mini 4 and Apple pencil support means if your into video editing on your iPad the Mini 5 is vastly more capable than Mini 4 as well.  
if howeverr you dont mind extra attachments, the iPad pro (faceID version) is alot better then even the Mini 5 at readability in the sun, bigger display 11 inch or 12 inch varients and is more powerful (A12X SoC) plus battery lats alot longer and just feels nicer in the hand, plus USB-C which i like more then stupid lightning connctor.   good news is these you can pickup regularly on sale on amazon and locally for decent prices.  mine i got recently used for a steal was $500 for 64GB wifi model, person selling it didnt like 11 inch version and wanted bigger version, like new condition only 1 ding from a minor drop and was always in a case so very clean.   

2019-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules