Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using iPhone w/o Removing Case
1706 3 2019-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAPilot
Second Officer
United States

I’m trying to figure out the best way to use my iPhone to fly my Mavic Air, without removing the case each time...it’s a Catalyst case which is waterproof, and it’s not good to keep taking it on/off.

I usually use one of those mounts that are used for tablets - a plate fits between the two arms, and phone is held in place on a spring loaded adjustable clip

Amazon.com: UZOPI Mavic Air Pro Platinum Spark Tablet Holder – Aluminum Adjustable Remote Controller Accessories Bracket Mount Extender with Neck Lanyard Strap for 4-12 Inch Phone Tablets: Camera & Photo

This arrangement has worked well for me, but the problem arises when I want to use a sunshade

My first thought was to get a shade where the sides of the phone fit into the “slots” on the sides of the shade. Without the case on, it works OK except that it’s dry difficult to access the home button...with the case, it doesn’t work at all.

Amazon.com: Foldable Cell Phone Sun Hood, FPV Monitor Sunshade Cover for DJI All Series, Compatible with DJI Mavic Air/Pro/Spark/Phantom/Inspire/Osmo/Mavic 2 Zoom Pro (L111): tomytoys
My most recent effort was to buy a shade that is held in place attaching to the antenna. The problem here is that it requires putting the phone between the fold out arms of the controller, and with the case, the phone doesn’t fit.

Amazon.com: Beyondsky Upgrated Mavic Air Remote Controller Sunshade Hood Screen Cover Monitor Sun Shade for DJI Mavic 2 pro/ 2 Zoom/ Pro/ Platinum/ Air DJI Spark Drone(Black): Toys & Games

Question: how are the rubber inserts held in place? How difficult are they to remove, and then replace? My iPhone, in the Catalyst case, seems like it may fit between the arms without the inserts.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

2019-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MAPilot. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses these accessories on there DJI Mavic Air remote controller and on how do they set it up. Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend you to modify or remove the rubber inserts of the said remote controller.  Actually, there is a possibility that these setup  will be able work. However, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of this setup if it will be possible and if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you.
2019-10-18
Use props
MAPilot
Second Officer
United States

Bump...anybody?
2019-11-11
Use props
Ridg
First Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

the logical answer would be get a different case, isn't the iphone waterproof after all anyway?

Alternatively make your own sun shade, it's literally a bit of dark card / pu leather, you could make one for pennies with an old box and some tape

Alternatively get the headset which removes the problem of the sun
2019-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules