Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Timelapse Video Advise
873 5 2019-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tulads
lvl.1
United States

I just got a Mavic Air. I would like to take a timelapse video of an old building demolition/new building construction in its place spanning over 8-9 months.

Can you please advise what is the setup I should have and how I can record from the same exact  aerial spot every day/week and put the videos together for a timelapse video? Most of the tutorials I searched for either talks about hyperlapse or timelapse of 1 shot (say 21 mins max) and squeeze them to 8-9 sec timelapse video. Would appreciate if someone could summarise steps or point me to a link with tutorial that does this?

Thanks.
2019-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day tulads. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation and advice from our valued DJI co pilots with regard to this matter. In addition you may also refer to this DJI Forum post on 10 tips for outstanding timelapses ( video ). Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-124862-1-1.html
2019-10-19
Use props
QQRUCH
Captain
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Thank's for the info Stephen!
2019-10-20
Use props
tulads
lvl.1
United States

Thanks. It was a great link for taking timelapse in general using regular cameras (not drones). I was looking for something specific for Mavic Air.
2019-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I made a similar timelapse from the building process of a building.
(have not edited it).
Very very hard to match the exact location every time.
(I used a ground camera and a tripod, but still, the variations between the shots were a problem)
2019-10-20
Use props
Covenanter
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Tulads.

Rather than use the DJI Go4 app for this task you could try out the Litchi App.  This allows you to set up and save flight missions.  Within the missions you can set waypoints and choose what actions you want the drone to perform at each.  You could create a simple mission to automate the drone to carry out specific tasks after take off, eg set up the mavic air to fly to a specific vantage point (or points) and take a photo from that point(s) and then return.  All you would then have to do is load that saved flight mission in the Litchi app every time you want to take a photo from that point. I've done something similar but used short video clips rather than photos.  Hope this helps.  Lots of Litchi Youtube clips that give the basics of setting up a mission.
2019-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules