1568 4 2019-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

seriously why hasnt DJI made an Activetrack app that uses the Apple watch?  Series 3 apple watch is starting at $199 now and this holiday likely going to be alot of new comers to the Apple watch at this price and having lived this hassle myself, biking with mavic 2 controller isnt fun unless you can find a proper mount even then it sometimes shakes around alot dont wanna hurt anything inside or rattle your phone loose.   

the series 3 Apple Watch supports very accurate baro that can detect small changes in elevation, GPS/GNSS and Wifi (2.4 and 5ghz).  i know people will say "mavic 2 doesnt support Wifi" but truth be told, Occusync is SDR (software defined radio) based which means they could add Wifi support in an update if DJI really cares to do so.  i also know people will say "why would you want to do that such a small screen?"  but you arent flying it from the watch display.. rather given a few basic controls like preview to select yourself to follow and some buttons to stop flight, land, "come to me" and maybe a battery indicator. i also know people will cry about interferance, but forget even controller and iPhone being next to aircraft will upset the compass...its no differant.

the only  reason i can see dji not adding activetrack support to apple watch and not updating mavic 2 to support wifi via SDR is because they feel they can get away with charging us more while progressivly giving us less. i wont be surprised if and when skydio adds their tracking app to the watch interface for following for both of their drones, the R1 and 2nd gen so wont even need to use your smartphone or beacon to have it follow you round. skydio seems to be listening to what people what A LOT better then DJI does.

if DJI continues this trend then im done.. i have already half moved on from DJI drones, few Skydio R1's that owners are just waiting for 2nd gen to begin shipping first batch before they part with theirs.. not just me, lot of users here mentioned SKydio 2nd gen and sme deep interest not everyone that flies a drone likes to be idle.. i can see SKydio may actually steal some customers from DJI.  infact one girl i hang with sometimes thats into biking was about to buy a mavic air for tracking but saw skydio and she put her order in.

2019-10-19
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

how would you operate drone vie that microscopic screen?

on the other hand, there are sport covers fro iphones etc, for lot less ;) use your imagination..
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32447008640.html

skydios are actually not regulated imo, since you're not having eye contact on the drone, which is mandatory.
2019-10-22
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I have a series 4 (44mm) and ready when DJI is. Mine is gps and cellular and i use both like Dick Tracy
2019-10-22
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Wrote a response, then re-read your post and realized I was adding nothing to the conversation (whatever happened to the message delete feature?).
2019-10-22
Use props
MARKRONSON
lvl.1

India

By connecting your Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network, you can continue to use many of its features, even when you don’t have your iPhone with you.  Choose a Wi-Fi network Open the Settings app  on your Apple Watch.  Tap Wi-Fi, then tap the name of an available Wi-Fi network.  Wi-Fi networks compatible with Apple Watch are 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz.  If the network requires a password, use your finger to scribble the password characters on the screen.  Use the Digital Crown to choose uppercase or lowercase characters.  Tap Join.
2019-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules