Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal glitch problem
2701 12 2019-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goran_m_pg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 616070 ft
  • >>>
Montenegro

Hi,

I have some sort of gimbal glitch with my Phantom 4 Pro.
Usualy, every flight my gimbal will have a tiny split second repositioning movement, as if it was correcting position. Very small movement but still it ruins my shots since that sudden change is very noticable.

I have mine examples but i found a video with same symptoms as mine (first two examples in video) so no need to upload:

Has anyone expirienced this issue?

My drone never had a crash.
I did all calibrations and problem is still there
2019-10-19
Use props
Goran_m_pg
Second Officer
  • >>>
Montenegro

Here is my video if needed
2019-10-20
Use props
ATJ
Captain
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Goran_m_pg Posted at 10-20 04:41
Here is my video if needed

My guess is a loose connection to the roll motor or the motor all together.
2019-10-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I please ask what happens prior to the said issue? did you update your firmware? Also, please make sure that you are using an updated firmware for us to avoid any issues and problems. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-10-20
Use props
Goran_m_pg
Second Officer
  • >>>
Montenegro

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-20 07:53
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I please ask what happens prior to the said issue? did you update your firmware? Also, please make sure that you are using an updated firmware for us to avoid any issues and problems. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Firmware was updated long before, and i have reflashed it 2 times on a PC to try and fix it, but didn´t solved it.  Not sure if i can know what happened  before this started, but i think it was present before, but not in this amount, now in every 3-5 min i get one glitch.

Firmware version: 01.04.01.00

I get this glitch also each time when drone is powering on as you can see on this video (happens twice in a row each time gimbal is initialised)
Here is the video of if:

Also, if i press rapidly button for 90 degree gimbal rotation (front/down look), it will go beyond its safe zone, looking behind it (rotated not 90 but 110 degrees down) or looking at propellers. I`m just saying this since i think this could be some sort of calibration/software issue for these glitches.

2019-10-20
Use props
Goran_m_pg
Second Officer
  • >>>
Montenegro

Does anyone have this issue?
2019-10-22
Use props
Goran_m_pg
Second Officer
  • >>>
Montenegro

Anyone to help?
This issue is still present and ruins a lot of shots
2020-1-3
Use props
walper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1477572 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I had perfect phantom 4 pro , i never had a problem with him,  but one day i got black screen i msg camera sensor error

https://forum.dji.com/thread-163795-1-1.html

i got replacment after many msg to repair center and almost three months , the replacement drone was not that great I noticed right away poor manageability , glide aside and gimbal glich , but I kept it because I couldn't go through everything again

I tried everything , but issues are still there , this is the shot I made this morning

i just live with thet

2020-1-4
Use props
Goran_m_pg
Second Officer
  • >>>
Montenegro

Did a factory reset, downgraded to v01.05.0300, and issue is still present....
From what i see and get info i'm not the only one, a lot of users are complaining on this.

For me, this looks like software issue with gimbal itself. Anyone from DJI to help?
2020-1-7
Use props
Goran_m_pg
Second Officer
  • >>>
Montenegro

Did a cold IMU calibration on a perfect flat surface and then gimbal calibration, and issue is still there (this was recomendation from some forum post)
2020-1-15
Use props
vincent228
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39600 ft
United States

I bought the P4P+ from a friend, so I know it was never crashed. I even rolled back to factory specs, and even started the pro without turning on the controller. Mine initialises, then about 5 seconds later, the camera jerk up slightly and to the right. As it returns to center, the camera pitches down, and recovers slightly. The camera NEVER returns to level. Please please please DJI, tell us what to fix. I own a P4P, and Osmo and an Osmo mobile, and now this freaked out P4P+. This is not a good look for DJI at all. Here are 2 YouTube videos of what my phantom is doing.
https://youtu.be/UjC2Udp9tq0
https://youtu.be/QqGaXzhqKkk

I will fix it myself, if I knew what the issue was.
2020-1-22
Use props
vincent228
lvl.1
United States

I bought the P4P+ from a friend, so I know it was never crashed. I even rolled back to factory specs, and even started the pro without turning on the controller. Mine initialises, then about 5 seconds later, the camera jerk up slightly and to the right. As it returns to center, the camera pitches down, and recovers slightly. The camera NEVER returns to level. Please please please DJI, tell us what to fix. I own a P4P, and Osmo and an Osmo mobile, and now this freaked out P4P+. This is not a good look for DJI at all. Here are 2 YouTube videos of what my phantom is doing.
https://youtu.be/UjC2Udp9tq0
https://youtu.be/QqGaXzhqKkk

I will fix it myself, if I knew what the issue was
2020-1-22
Use props
vincent228
lvl.1
United States

Goran_m_pg Posted at 2019-10-20 13:01
Firmware was updated long before, and i have reflashed it 2 times on a PC to try and fix it, but didn´t solved it.  Not sure if i can know what happened  before this started, but i think it was present before, but not in this amount, now in every 3-5 min i get one glitch.

Firmware version: 01.04.01.00

I have the exact same issue
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules