8918 11 2019-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

Hi
Does anybody have idea about reversing start and end points in GS RTK?

I try changing direction of flight path but GS RTK insisted on its idea.

regards,
2019-10-20
Use props
GEORobson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 411289 ft
Poland

In the kml mission, click on the green starting point. It will change from start to end.
2019-10-23
Use props
GEO ESL
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi GEORobson, can you please clarify how to do this? We can't seem to get it done. Clicking the green starting point just changes the flight  path.
2019-11-20
Use props
GEORobson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 411289 ft
Poland

GEO ESL Posted at 11-20 00:47
Hi GEORobson, can you please clarify how to do this? We can't seem to get it done. Clicking the green starting point just changes the flight  path.

Clicking the green start point turned it into an end point. However, it stopped working and I don't know why.
2019-11-20
Use props
CoastalCapt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else figure this out?
2020-2-5
Use props
dodger_rog
lvl.4

Australia

I've been able to come up with a work around for this that works in the Terrain Awareness mode (I would assume it would also work in the KML mission mode).

When drawing your polygon, ensure that the first waypoint you enter is where you want to start the flight grid. Then as you adjust the flight direction, it'll work around this and try to start from this point. Hope this helps.
2020-2-5
Use props
CoastalCapt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
  • >>>
United States

dodger_rog Posted at 2-5 15:50
I've been able to come up with a work around for this that works in the Terrain Awareness mode (I would assume it would also work in the KML mission mode).

When drawing your polygon, ensure that the first waypoint you enter is where you want to start the flight grid. Then as you adjust the flight direction, it'll work around this and try to start from this point. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response dodger, I'll give this a try on my next project.
2020-2-5
Use props
SurveyP4RTK
lvl.4

Germany

Is there still no way to switch the start and endpoint in the mission planning on the GS RTK App ?
I'm using terrain awareness mode with KML import.
However in the linear mission planning it is very easy to change the startpoint because there you can tap on the dotted circles and it will change your startpoint. But the linear mission planning sadly doesnt work with the DSM and KML import like in the terrain awareness mode.
2020-11-2
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Germany

I haven't found anyway.
2020-11-2
Use props
djiuser_ChyeiUD1svKW
New

United States

SurveyP4RTK Posted at 2020-11-2 06:27
Is there still no way to switch the start and endpoint in the mission planning on the GS RTK App ?
I'm using terrain awareness mode with KML import.
However in the linear mission planning it is very easy to change the startpoint because there you can tap on the dotted circles and it will change your startpoint. But the linear mission planning sadly doesnt work with the DSM and KML import like in the terrain awareness mode.

Can you step me through how you are getting a KML import in the terrain awareness mode? I can't seem to figure out how to import the KML.
2022-1-7
Use props
_BEN_
New

Spain

I know this post is quite old, but if it can help anyone....
I found out a trick to choose exactly the start point you want; it works for me.
Two options:

1.- If you are planning your mission directly (drawing a polygon), the first point you mark is the start point. You can change flight direction, and start point changes a little, but sometimes is not enough, or is not efficient (flight time increases).
2.- Using KML (my favourite). You can make a KML file from your flight area, in some GIS software (Google Earth, Arcgis, QGIS, Global Mapper…). Make sure it has a geographic projection (latitude-longitude). But (--AND THIS IS THE TRICK--), the LAST POINT you trace (the point that closes your flight area polygon), will be the START POINT in GS RTK.

Then, you should copy this KML file into MicroSD radio-controller card and import it. When you choose this KML file for planning a mission, and press “EDIT”, you automatically have a flight plan in your area, with the first point you wanted.
I hope this helps anyone.
2023-6-13
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks _BEN_, great method!

(I haven't tried it but I'll take your word for it until I can).
2023-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules