1203 10 2019-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Should I switch to IOS so that the remote control of my Mavic Pro stops charging my tablet or mobile phone?
seriously DJI?

Please, android users need that option in the Dji 4 application.

The battery in my Mavic's Remote Control deteriorates every time I fly.I have observed that the remote loses charge daily ... while it is unused

Thanks in advance

2019-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

To my best knowledge this is something Android does not offer.

Only iOS has the option to connect via USB without charging.

But I'm not a hardcore android developer, so I might be mistaken.
2019-10-21
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

It was >is and > will be the unresolved issue.
It is not because of DJI system but Android operation system limitation does not let stop charged by the externally connected devices.
Just because of this issue many Droners converted  to IOS ( iPhone iPad or SC)
Only stupide solution to carry pocket charger  and micro  USB cable  with you to charge your SRC between the flights.
2019-10-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

akozc Posted at 10-21 04:31
It is not because of DJI system but Android operation system limitation does not let stop charged by the externally connected devices.

yes akozc ,  I know the idiot solution .....
2019-10-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 10-21 04:21
To my best knowledge this is something Android does not offer.

Only iOS has the option to connect via USB without charging.

Dear Peter : as you said above it is a simply option .... why the f.. they dont put it into The android app ?

This is my question ... I prefer to sell the drone before than to switch to IOS . word !!
2019-10-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

akozc Posted at 10-21 04:31

Only stupide solution to carry pocket charger  and micro  USB cable  with you to charge your SRC between the flights.

It is a dangerous option and not recommended
2019-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Nebuchadnezzar. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. With regards to this matter the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you for understanding and support.
2019-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 10-21 06:29
Dear Peter : as you said above it is a simply option .... why the f.. they dont put it into The android app ?

This is my question ... I prefer to sell the drone before than to switch to IOS . word !!

I don't think DJI can do anything about this.
To my best knowledge, this is something Android (google) does not offer to the app developers.
In IOS it is an option to connect only with data, not with power. Apple took care of that.

That is at least what I have heard from this some while ago while investigating an Android tablet.
But I'm not a senior app developer myself, so it is just what I have found about this subject.
2019-10-21
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-21 10:53
Hello and good day Nebuchadnezzar. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. With regards to this matter the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you for understanding and support.

DJI Stephen Thanks anyway !!
2019-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 10-22 22:32

That is exactly what I have read somewhere. But I could not find it anymore, so I had to say it in my own words
2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 10-22 22:32

You are very much welcome Nebuchadnezzar. Please stay safe always and keep on flying. .
2019-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules