Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
External mic?
1716 8 2019-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ddWUUu1MmR90
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
I was trying to record a vlog video with a wired lapel mic and my Osmo3 earlier, but I realized that the mic conncetor itself imbalances the gimbal, which is annoying.
How can this be fixed? Do I just need to get a wireless mic? Any recommendations?

Thank you
2019-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. I am hoping that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Member who owns the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and who uses the wired lapel microphone on the said gimbal and on how do they set it up. Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 supports smartphones that are 62 - 88mm wide and up to 9.5mm thick. This range covers most mobile phones currently available. Please note that actual compatibility might be affected by accessories attached to your phone. In addition large and heavy accessories are not recommended. Please ensure the total weight of the accessory and the phone is less than the recommended weight. Thank you.
2019-10-21
Use props
djiuser_ddWUUu1MmR90
lvl.1

United States

Thanks - have you guys tested any microphone yourselves? On the promotional videos you shot, how did you get good voices sound outdoors?
2019-10-21
Use props
Vagos of Ron
lvl.1
Greece

I also used an external mic (rode video micro) and the cables messed it up a lot. I'm thinking on building a platform to mount the mic and my old phone and capture sound from that and then combine video and sound on post.
2019-10-24
Use props
djiuser_ddWUUu1MmR90
lvl.1

United States

I thought about that... But damn, why can't a device just be.. convenient....? I mean, we're not asking for the moon, this seems fairly basic, doesn't it?
2019-10-25
Use props
Vagos of Ron
lvl.1
Greece

djiuser_ddWUUu1MmR90 Posted at 10-25 05:39
I thought about that... But damn, why can't a device just be.. convenient....? I mean, we're not asking for the moon, this seems fairly basic, doesn't it?

I managed to build a diy platform and it works great, but i have to join sound with video in post. I hope you have an iphone, because mimo app on android is a fail...
2019-10-25
Use props
djiuser_ddWUUu1MmR90
lvl.1

United States

Nope... Android (One Plus)
2019-10-25
Use props
Vagos of Ron
lvl.1
Greece

djiuser_ddWUUu1MmR90 Posted at 10-25 07:23
Nope... Android  (One Plus)

Me too and I'm waiting for a mimo app update for us android users.
2019-10-25
Use props
djiuser_n8wu1a2lbuj4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the question. I spent yesterday interviewing in a shopping centre with the internal mic struggling.

How did you mount your external mic Vagos? I expected a mount that would follow the camera - any issues with direction?
2019-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules