1050 14 2019-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

can we hav dji add digitial zoom to the mavic 2 pro?  i mean even dumb phones have digital zoom from a decade ago, and in a weird way this is a feature regression since mavic pro 1 has a digital zoom option.  we all know quality drops because basically cropping in but still a nice option to have the ability to do. maybe impliment iPhone style 2X button on display in app and maybe a slider to push it further if we desire?
2019-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

+1 for the idea, but Its been asked before many times and nothing happened.
2019-10-21
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

sign me in..
the thing have crop mode already, i really cant understand why can't be done..
2019-10-22
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

What for? Much better to crop in PP.
2019-10-22
Use props
izotop
lvl.4

Slovenia

well, yes and no.
if you crop in pp, you loose resolution, meanwhile crop mode on m2p is 4k. if 4k from full view and 4k in crop mode could be somehow joined in kind of zoom action, that would be great, but for me personally, it would be also very nice, if there's only option to live switch from one mode to other in flight (if you program some button in controller to do that). that i think could be easily done via some firmware upgrade.
2019-10-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated department for further attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-10-22
Use props
izotop
lvl.4

Slovenia

that would be nice, thnx. but please, let us know if some progress will be made.
2019-10-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

izotop Posted at 10-22 03:09
well, yes and no.
if you crop in pp, you loose resolution, meanwhile crop mode on m2p is 4k. if 4k from full view and 4k in crop mode could be somehow joined in kind of zoom action, that would be great, but for me personally, it would be also very nice, if there's only option to live switch from one mode to other in flight (if you program some button in controller to do that). that i think could be easily done via some firmware upgrade.

It might give scaling problems, since you are skipping lines in different ratios when you zoom in, while remaining 4k res.
2019-10-23
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

izotop Posted at 10-22 03:09
well, yes and no.
if you crop in pp, you loose resolution, meanwhile crop mode on m2p is 4k. if 4k from full view and 4k in crop mode could be somehow joined in kind of zoom action, that would be great, but for me personally, it would be also very nice, if there's only option to live switch from one mode to other in flight (if you program some button in controller to do that). that i think could be easily done via some firmware upgrade.

Oh, you mean in video? Never crossed my mind.
2019-10-23
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

If they did that they couldn't sell a Zoom version of the drone $$$$$
2019-10-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just crop you will most likely get better closer quality, it was available with M1 I don’t ever remember using it , maybe M3 will have a 1” sensor and optical zoom .
2019-10-23
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

thanks for sharing
2019-10-23
Use props
izotop
lvl.4

Slovenia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-23 05:37
Just crop you will most likely get better closer quality, it was available with M1 I don’t ever remember using it , maybe M3 will have a 1” sensor and optical zoom .

again. i'm talking about option to switch with some button easily win flight, without going in settings, shutting or resetting the drone etc. i really can understand, why this is not possible via simple firmware upgrade.
2019-12-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

izotop Posted at 12-18 16:01
again. i'm talking about option to switch with some button easily win flight, without going in settings, shutting or resetting the drone etc. i really can understand, why this is not possible via simple firmware upgrade.

I suppose you didn’t pay for it, so maybe dji are not going to give it out for free, that’s life sometimes it’s a bitch .
2019-12-18
Use props
izotop
lvl.4

Slovenia

hallmark007 Posted at 12-18 16:50
I suppose you didn’t pay for it, so maybe dji are not going to give it out for free, that’s life sometimes it’s a bitch .

pay what exactly? i wouldn't mind paying few bucks for this kind of things, if can be done via simple software update etc.
but i guess i'm just weird making some ideas which everybody could benefit (in the end, it's additional marketing for dji in this dry season till they shelf out something like mavic3)..
2019-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules