How to bypass airport GPS altitude limitation?
7116 15 2019-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SGroleau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3478727 ft
Canada

Hello,

I needed to fly at an altitude of 160 meters for a contract and it was in a control area in Canada. I had permission from the control tower and I respected the laws. I also did the self unlock, but my drone told me that there was a GPS limitation of 150 meters. The zone in the DJI Go application was gray.

How to remove this limitation?

Thanks
150m.jpg
2019-10-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I'd also post this as a query to DJI support via the Go 4 app.
2019-10-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

And also to flysafe@dji.com
2019-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. This particular location would be under the Altitude Zone which means that the user will receive warnings in the DJI Go 4 app and the flight altitude would be limited. However, I believe that this limitation can't be override for safety purposes when flying the drone. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think the only way is to do it illegally, permission given by control tower surely cannot supersede Canadian Law, maybe it does in Canada but that would seem like you could end up with a kind of free for all so long as you knew people in control tower .Maybe there is a bylaw that allows those in charge of ATC to take the law into their own hands .

What you are asking dji to do is trust the control tower above those responsible for enacting the law and those policing the law regarding flying above legal limit, it’s a bit like asking the Easter bunny to bring your Christmas toys, think Santa might be annoyed lol.....
2019-10-22
Use props
SGroleau
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 10-22 07:32
I think the only way is to do it illegally, permission given by control tower surely cannot supersede Canadian Law, maybe it does in Canada but that would seem like you could end up with a kind of free for all so long as you knew people in control tower .Maybe there is a bylaw that allows those in charge of ATC to take the law into their own hands .

What you are asking dji to do is trust the control tower above those responsible for enacting the law and those policing the law regarding flying above legal limit, it’s a bit like asking the Easter bunny to bring your Christmas toys, think Santa might be annoyed lol.....

Obviously you do not know much about Canadian aviation laws. I do not care about your opinions based on your a lack of knowledge. I am an advanced certified pilot and I operate legally - RAC (901.71 (2).
2019-10-22
Use props
SGroleau
lvl.4
Canada

I received a super fast response from DJI and it can be done by the custom unlock DJI ... have known before.
2019-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SGroleau Posted at 10-22 11:23
Obviously you do not know much about Canadian aviation laws. I do not care about your opinions based on your a lack of knowledge. I am an advanced certified pilot and I operate legally - RAC (901.71 (2).

You sound like an idiot, you failed in your miserable answer to answer any of the questions I asked and this has more to do with you being a complete idiot, who believes he knows everything but still has to come to this forum to ask STUPID questions.

If you feel my reply was harsh , go back and read your own, you couldn’t pilot your way out of a paper bag .
2019-10-22
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

SGroleau , Glad you got your unlock - fly safe.
2019-10-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

SGroleau Posted at 10-22 11:57
I received a super fast response from DJI and it can be done by the custom unlock DJI ... have known before.

Out of interest what evidence did they require for the unlock, if any?
2019-10-22
Use props
SGroleau
lvl.4
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 10-22 23:39
Out of interest what evidence did they require for the unlock, if any?

I have message on the DJI Go that the GPS blocks altitude at 150 m and it really blocks him.
2019-10-23
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

SGroleau Posted at 10-23 04:37
I have message on the DJI Go that the GPS blocks altitude at 150 m and it really blocks him.

Why do you need more than 150 m? If it's for pictures you can take few at lower altitude
and put it into one panorama picture as map.
Had to do this this summer because of hight limit as I was under the flight path and rather close to airport.
2019-10-23
Use props
SGroleau
lvl.4
Canada

G_Sig Posted at 10-23 06:11
Why do you need more than 150 m? If it's for pictures you can take few at lower altitude
and put it into one panorama picture as map.
Had to do this this summer because of hight limit as I was under the flight path and rather close to airport.

This is for an architect, to show the view from inside the futur building at this level.

I did it at 150m because I was stuck, but if I needed to be 200 or 300 meters, I would not have been able to make the contract.

I would need higher altitude for other projects.
2019-10-23
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I suggest you look at https://nolimitdronez.com/ because it removes all DJI restrictions. I have used their software for a couple of years now with no problem. How you use your drone with no restrictions is your affair. I installed it purely to remove the NFZ DJI force on me. It is an odd situation and having discused the situation with our ATC and with the Controllers knowledge and permission, it is deemed legal to do so. I seldom go above 100 feet of the highest point anyway, I just take simple photos.
2019-10-24
Use props
COA_M600_PIC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237162 ft
United States

I have a similar question I think.. So I’m flying a M600 pro using go app and gs pro. I did a flight on my local airport runway using waypoints. Home position logged the drone at 100 feet altitude. The runway gains 40 feet in elevation over 6000ft I have 6 waypoints one at each 1000ft. The drone stayed at 100ft while the runway got closer to the drone. My question is this. If I add altitude to my different waypoints will the drone gain altitude during the 1000 feet between each waypoint, or will it be a stair step. Fly at 100ft hit way point and gain altitude and continue to the next? Thanks for your help in advance
2019-10-24
Use props
GeoJoe
New
Flight distance : 185164 ft
Mexico

SGroleau Posted at 2019-10-22 11:57

Man how did you unlock the altitude?

Thanks
2021-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules