Watching Youtube Videos on Smart Controller
5141 21 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Japan

OK straight forward, could anyone manage to watch YouTube videos on SC?

I tried all the options i.e.  downloaded the YouTube apps, or just use Lighting Browser or third party browser (Opera Mini) .

I have very high speed Wi-Fi connection however SC could not load and play the YouTube, all what I can see is a spinning loading circle on YouTube page
Forsure, is not my intention full time watch Youtube videos on SC but would like to know what is the glitch.
Happy to hear your solution, if any.

2019-10-23
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

why need it on a drone controller
2019-10-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

In Opera Mini, go into the settings and change the "User Agent" setting from mobile to desktop.  I did this and was able to watch one of my own videos.  
2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will check this matter with our designated department to see if this would be possible. In the mean-time, you could consider the suggestion by KlooGee if you have the same browser. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-23
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

yt app is struggling with the spinning.
2019-10-23
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Macao

KlooGee Posted at 10-23 07:07
In Opera Mini, go into the settings and change the "User Agent" setting from mobile to desktop.  I did this and was able to watch one of my own videos.

Hi KlooGee,
I checked the Opera Mini setting and User Agent option is not there (probably the version I am using different  than you have)
Anyway , didn't give up and downloaded the Opera Beta and  changed the User Agent to the Desktop ..  Booommm…... now I can watch the YouTube videos.

Thanks for the great help
2019-10-23
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Macao

DJI Tony Posted at 10-23 09:52
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will check this matter with our designated department to see if this would be possible. In the mean-time, you could consider the suggestion by KlooGee if you have the same browser. Thank you for your support.

Thanks Tony ,  seems the issue I was facing resolved after following KlooGee's advise.
2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

akozc Posted at 10-23 23:55
Thanks Tony ,  seems the issue I was facing resolved after following KlooGee's advise.

Hi, we're glad to know that KlooGee's suggestion works fine on your end. I've also received the latest feedback from our team with regard to this matter. The DJI Smart Controller uses Android 7.1 system and because of the Google GMS certification limitation, the DJI Smart Controller cannot use the GMS service, and the relevant software requires third-party support before using. As the DJI Smart Controller is a dedicated remote controller, it is not recommended to install too many unnecessary apps, otherwise, the remote controller's performance will be affected.  Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for understanding.
2019-10-27
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Macao

DJI Tony Posted at 10-27 14:12
Hi, we're glad to know that KlooGee's suggestion works fine on your end. I've also received the latest feedback from our team with regard to this matter. The DJI Smart Controller uses Android 7.1 system and because of the Google GMS certification limitation, the DJI Smart Controller cannot use the GMS service, and the relevant software requires third-party support before using. As the DJI Smart Controller is a dedicated remote controller, it is not recommended to install too many unnecessary apps, otherwise, the remote controller's performance will be affected.  Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for understanding.

Dear DJI Tony, many thanks for the feedback, I totally agree about keeping the SC as much as free from the third party apps.
Cheers
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

akozc Posted at 10-27 15:29
Dear DJI Tony, many thanks for the feedback, I totally agree about keeping the SC as much as free from the third party apps.
Cheers

You're most welcome. It's my pleasure to help you out with your concern. I highly appreciate your assimilation with regard to this matter. Thank you for your support!
2019-10-30
Use props
djiuser_LZq6rsxgHqMp
New

Sweden

KlooGee Posted at 2019-10-23 07:07
In Opera Mini, go into the settings and change the "User Agent" setting from mobile to desktop.  I did this and was able to watch one of my own videos.

it feels a bit not right bying a 600 usd device and not being able to watch a youtube video that is part of the main memue, and one of the important features for educating new pilots like me =)
2020-1-25
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Sweden

I don't get this I cant watch YouTube or google services not installed so my apps don't work stuff, someone explain, I use my SC to fly the drone and everything else is on me phone, even drone related apps, I got the SC for the brighter screen and less hassle setting up, not to load it up with apps, cant watch YouTube while flying and its a darn site heavier to hold than a phone to watch a tube on, did install google services at one point just for the heck of it, gone now. so why all this fuss, am I missing something
2020-1-26
Use props
Trakmasters
lvl.1
United States

raven swe Posted at 1-26 01:03
I don't get this I cant watch YouTube or google services not installed so my apps don't work stuff, someone explain, I use my SC to fly the drone and everything else is on me phone, even drone related apps, I got the SC for the brighter screen and less hassle setting up, not to load it up with apps, cant watch YouTube while flying and its a darn site heavier to hold than a phone to watch a tube on, did install google services at one point just for the heck of it, gone now. so why all this fuss, am I missing something

Your phone has a better processor than the SC

2020-1-31
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
Germany

Trakmasters Posted at 1-31 06:42
Your phone has a better processor than the SC

But in my case the SC has a much larger screen.  Check dji video tutorials or others on Youtube.
2020-1-31
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Sweden

so tell me, you carry the SC around to watch YouTube on because it has a larger screen, you must have big pockets to put it in, or hang it round your neck like a pendant, when you go flying you sit there and watch YouTube instead of flying, I'm not surprised a lot of folk have problems with the SC,, I mean loading up a controller with a crap load of apps just like a phone your just asking for trouble, 1 or 2 drone apps fair enough, the android operating system in the SC is modified and optimized for use as a stable drone controller not a media and social networking centre,
2020-1-31
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-10-27 14:12
Hi, we're glad to know that KlooGee's suggestion works fine on your end. I've also received the latest feedback from our team with regard to this matter. The DJI Smart Controller uses Android 7.1 system and because of the Google GMS certification limitation, the DJI Smart Controller cannot use the GMS service, and the relevant software requires third-party support before using. As the DJI Smart Controller is a dedicated remote controller, it is not recommended to install too many unnecessary apps, otherwise, the remote controller's performance will be affected.  Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for understanding.

DJI Tony,

Is this part of the problem with why I am unable to livestream to Facebook on my Smart Controller since I purchased it over a year ago?

When I try to livestream I get an authentication error which seems to prevent logging on.

I can open the built-in web browser, navigate to YouTube, logon and all seems well.

However when I try to livestream once again I get an authorisation error.

I have reported this multiple times yet have not seen a solution.

I have seen others asking the same question without success both here and in other forums.

I mean come on DJI...I have had this issue for over a year now with no resolution.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2020-2-3
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

why though ?
2020-2-3
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Macao

raven swe Posted at 1-31 10:17
so tell me, you carry the SC around to watch YouTube on because it has a larger screen, you must have big pockets to put it in, or hang it round your neck like a pendant, when you go flying you sit there and watch YouTube instead of flying, I'm not surprised a lot of folk have problems with the SC,, I mean loading up a controller with a crap load of apps just like a phone your just asking for trouble, 1 or 2 drone apps fair enough, the android operating system in the SC is modified and optimized for use as a stable drone controller not a media and social networking centre,

why not,  every person has different approach and opinion and very normal what you want to do with your SC , is up to us.
on the other hand you also free to use your SC only as FC if you think is better for you. we all respect different  opinions.  
2020-2-4
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Sweden

All well and good till people come crying why did my SC do this, why cant I update my SC, out of memory problems, why did I loose my drone, I have no problem whatsoever with what apps folk put on there SC, if you want to load it up like a phone go right ahead, I love reading all about the Hassel people have with controller, makes for entertaining reading, just saying here my thoughts on it, not trying to convince anyone to do anything, their controller, their choice
2020-2-4
Use props
Ooda
lvl.1

United States

Just change the quality settings to 144p (why though) and you will be able to view YouTube videos….even though it’s like watching with windows 95 lol.  Peace………..
2021-7-19
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

GlynH Posted at 2020-2-3 22:05
DJI Tony,

Is this part of the problem with why I am unable to livestream to Facebook on my Smart Controller since I purchased it over a year ago?

Hi GlynH,

I believe that you can get one of these HDMI recorders for your phone and stream from your phone instead!
https://www.amazon.com/Capture-R ... d=1626766279&sr=8-4

I've been using my phone as an external view finder for my Sony A7R4 via this method for months, and it works brilliantly since the phone screen is much larger, clearer (1080P preview finally!) and even brighter than the camera's poor screen. I don't personally own a SC because my drones don't work well with SC. However in your case I believe that it can help you to stream easier since it has the ability to stream HDMI video out.

Connect the HDMI to your SC and recorder, and then connect the recorder to your phone. Launch the streaming from there shall be much easier since anyway you need your phone to hotspot ;)
2021-7-19
Use props
fansa5dc9ce2
New

United States

Works fine for me through lightning browser. Maybe DJI has fixed the problem?
2023-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules