1234Next >
20109 143 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf6a19641
New
Flight distance : 2264 ft
United States

I am experiencing this same issue. The DJI Mimo camera quits and returns to the app Home.

I am using an approved Galaxy Note 8, Android version 9, with 2GB of available memory, 20 GB of available storage, Bluetooth version 5.0.

I also experience this issue when the Osmo Mobile 3 is NOT  connected to my phone. To replicate the issue without the phone connected;

Open the DJI Mimo app
Tap the Camera icon in the upper the left corner
On the Device Connection page, tap Help
Under Osmo Mobile 3 Wireless Connection, tap Enter Liveview
This will access the DJI Mimo camera.

At times, the DJI Mimo app will crash immediately, other times it crashed while recording a 2 minute movie.

This makes me think it is not a Bluetooth issue or a firmware issue,. But, a memory leak in the DJI Mimo app.
2019-10-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Digest of reports so far - where I have quoted from the original post, the quotes are not necessarily verbatim - we have 19 users reporting similar problems.  I'm not seeing any particular pattern of phone (apart from Android).  Hopefully DJI may spot some pattern.  It's possible it's an issue they are well aware of, and working to fix, but don't want to actually admit that the problem exists meanwhile.

nostromito  - Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s. Android 10 app does not work, using Android 9

Leafedge - Samsung Galaxy S9+ Android version: 9  (Alcatel Idol 4 on Android 6 ok)

djiuser_yjzHYKwdkIBP "same issue since firmware update" - One Plus 7 Pro

djiuser_ddWUUu1MmR90 "same issue since update"

fansd541a8bf - Pixel 2

djiuser_XIUAHnFPxNQD - Moto Z3

komni "getting worse every day" "worked fine for 7 days after upgrade"

Richard Salzmann  

Young Yu "Problems started Oct 20th"

young501 - galaxy s10+ and "multiple android phones" "8 of 10 local users are all suffering from same issue. "

fans387e48fa [not clear if he has the problem himself]

Elixir-Hunter

Shekarforoush - Galaxy S9

ans0600 - Xiaomi Mi8 with android 9, Xiaomi Mix 2s

plaffan -  Galaxy S8

fansbe50928c -  S9 and S9+ after firmware upgrade

Cruiseman -  Samsung Galaxy S10E since update

fansec5a7ffd - MI8

fansf6a19641 - Galaxy Note 8, Android version 9  "I also experience this issue when the Osmo Mobile 3 is NOT connected to my phone. "
2019-10-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Having now tried my own Android phone (Pocophone F1, unsupported I know but it's been fine until now) I can see the problem - and the problem is the same without the Osmo Mobile 3 connected, using the method spotted by "fansf6a19641".  Using my iPhone 6 instead, there appears to be no problem.  Looking at the playstore reviews in "most recent" order, it's obvious that an app update (maybe in conjunction with the firmware update?) has completely broken the Android app.  Obviously DJI are aware of this, and obviously they will be working on a fix.  So for the time being, unless you have an iPhone, it's time to put the Mobile 3 back in the cupboard pending the fix.  More than somewhat annoying but I've seen worse stuff happen.
2019-10-31
Use props
djiuser_yjzHYKwdkIBP
lvl.1

India

Hey Guys,

Update:

Got a replacement from the merchant after reporting this issue, but it doesn't fix the frequent disconnection problems. I believe it's the app and nothing to do with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as the app crashed even without the firmware update.

Got an email from DJI asking me to help them troubleshoot to fix the issue. Attached the screenshot of the email.

It's definitely the app or maybe it doesn't support Android 10.

People who want to help DJI fix thus, follow the steps in the screenshot and send an email to support@dji.com
Screenshot_20191102-105801.jpg
2019-11-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's the same problem when using the Mimo app with the Osmo Pocket.  With that device, it is less of a disaster as the Pocket keeps recording when the app crashes, but it certainly shows it's the app not the device that the app is controlling.
2019-11-2
Use props
Tony_Br
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the same BT connect/disconnect problem, before I even start to record, and have also experienced the “unsaved video” problem on time lapses.
Galaxy S8+

Bizzarely, I can zoom using the gimbal slider, but - at the same time - cannot start or stop recordings via the gimbal control

Given this and the 4:3 aspect ratio joke when capturing stills, I am getting to the point that I will return via Amazon, for a refund
2019-11-2
Use props
fans7ccac0a0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14236 ft

United Kingdom

I am running a Note 9. I ordered my Osmo Mobile 3 on the date if release and had good experiences with no dropouts at all. Then, I lost the whole kit in the river. I bought a second unit last week, used it for a few minutes and found no problems. Today, it drops out loads and is virtually useless.

I thought it might be a fault.to do with movement, but after lots of heavy moves with no fault, I am satisfied it is not a bad connection in.the gimbal.

It's pretty useless right now and I am pretty angry.
2019-11-2
Use props
djiuser_dT26VQTEKIy9
New
Argentina

Same problem with oneplus 6t.
2019-11-2
Use props
Piticander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 774 ft
Spain

Same problem. When trying to make a time lapse bluetooth disconects randomly, sometimes at 4 secons, sometimes at 10minutes.... is a waste of time!!!! please DJI fix it.

In rare times I can finish the timelapse with no disconects but it is very anoying!!!!!
2019-11-3
Use props
komni
lvl.2
Greece

I erased everything from my phone, i left it alone for a couple of days, today i tried again to make it work, installed the application but still i've got disconnections very frequently even when i just open the application without doing any recordings

Here is a link to the log files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... 6zwGZHh?usp=sharing
2019-11-3
Use props
djiuser_cMNuC2goKnSL
New

Indonesia

Same problem here. I am using Galaxy S10 and the bluetooth keep disconnecting while recording timelapse, story mode, and even when I was simply adjusting some setting for the video.
Total frustration!!
2019-11-3
Use props
Cruiseman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Same problem on my Galaxy S10e and record button no longer works in video mode. Is it even possible that nobody at Dji tested this on a Samsung phone?
2019-11-3
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I received my osmo mobile 3 today and I’m getting random Bluetooth disconnects on my Samsung S10+, I expected better of DJI products.
could someone from DJI give some info when this will be fixed. Reading other forums this is not isolated to a few users.

I have a brand new product that’s not useable.
2019-11-3
Use props
djiuser_dFlaSfKw8KYk
New

United States

I am getting frequent disconnections using the Mimo app Ver 1.2.6 (45313) with Osmo Mobile 3 (latest firmware).I have tried using 3 different devices: (1) OnePlus 7t running Android 10  (2) LG V20 running Android 8.0  (3) Samsung  Note 10 + running Android 9
The problem occurs on all 3 devices - ex: in the midst of shooting video the Mimo app will drop the connection and return to the home screen rather than stay on camera screen. Then the connection will resume by itself. The video was not interrupted but the ability to monitor the recording is temporarily lost. Disconnections can last from 1 or 2 seconds to around 9-10 seconds.
Issues DO NOT occur when using any camera apps native to the phones referenced above not when using a 3rd party app like FilmicPro.It is an issue w the Mimo Android app and/or how it interacts with the Mobile 3 gimbal.Also, I randomly get popup messages stating that the phone is not balanced. This happens on all 3 devices even when all are perfectly balanced.
2019-11-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've now ordered a mobile phone gimbal from another company (I'm not going to say what it is here, as that's a discourtesy on DJI's forum) - but reading loads of reviews and watching a slew of videos about competing products (of about the same or less price) makes me realise how dependent the Mobile 3 is on the app.  You can't even change gimbal modes without Mimo.  Obviously the more fancy stuff like tracking will need an app with any device, but the Mobile 3 seems more app-dependent than most.  

While I recognise that with Andoid what the app can do will always be constrained by what individual features phone makers make available to 3rd party apps, still Mimo seems rather feature-poor compared to others.  For instance - my particular concern - there's no adjustment in the Mimo app to fix the gimbal's crooked horizon.  My new gimbal (actually I've ordered two new ones for the same price at the Mobile 3!) does not depend on the app for full control of gimbal modes etc - this being available on the buttons on the gimbal without the app running - so it's more easily used with other camera apps of one's choice.

Having said that, reading reviews of competing gimbal's apps on Google Play, none of them seem to be free of issues, including issues with bluetooth disconnections, so the problems with Mimo at the moment have to be seen in that light too.

I look forward to Mimo being fixed - not only for use with the Mobile 3 but also with the Osmo Pocket - and then I'll be happy to use the Mobile 3 again, when its particular features are appropriate to the task in hand - but I won't now be dependent on that one app for all my gimbal video and photo uses.
2019-11-3
Use props
young501
lvl.1
United States

Hey DJI it has been minimum 2 weeks since all problem broke loose. Are you guys really trying to solve this problem or you guys are too busy with releasing your new fly app or the mavic mini? I was considering on buying 2 minis but i see how things can be with dji apps. I might not support this company any longer. It is really a disappointment. I always wanted a gimbal now i got one, i was happy for a week and all this happen. It is not only me. My wife,  and friends are disappointed. Prove us android users wrong and provide us something that is useful just like when i first got this gimbal. I will take all my words back and support DJI company and all the future projects as well.
2019-11-3
Use props
Piticander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 774 ft
Spain

Any news about bluetooth disconnections or some idea of when it will be fixex?.
Solve it please, because now all we have is a € 100 plastic stick (Thinking of buying a gimball from another brand).

Thankyou
2019-11-4
Use props
Cruiseman
lvl.1
United States

I can't believe there's not a YouTube video showing these issues. Maybe I will add one to my channel.
2019-11-4
Use props
FatherOfMayhem3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 380548 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey @DJI - Please can you provide an update on this issue?
2019-11-4
Use props
djiuser_yjzHYKwdkIBP
lvl.1

India

Hey DJI,

Can you please get this sorted out? We are unable to use the device that we paid for, expecting better out of you.

2019-11-4
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

same problem with my samsung s9 and samsung a50.
i lost the moment when recording using osmo 3 and suddenly disconnected!
very upset!
2019-11-4
Use props
young501
lvl.1
United States

any ios guys having this problem????
2019-11-4
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

Really, no one from DJI is gonna give us an answer?

Two weeks already, and absolute silence...!!!

Not even to tell us if you are aware of the problem and that you are working on it?

Are you kidding, DJI?

Very, very annoyed with the support
2019-11-5
Use props
Cruiseman
lvl.1
United States

Tried again today to use the DJI Mimo app, and for some reason everything started working again.
2019-11-5
Use props
Aitor Donostia
lvl.2
Spain

Cruiseman Posted at 11-5 07:06
Tried again today to use the DJI Mimo app, and for some reason everything started working again.

How is it possible?
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Cruiseman Posted at 10-31 10:38
It is doing the same thing on my Samsung Galaxy S10E

Hello and good day Cruiseman. I am sorry for the trouble but I am sorry to say that the Samsung Galaxy S 10 E is also not listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as of this time that is why you are experiencing this issue. Rest assured that our DJI engineers are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. For the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 please refer to this link ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ty_List_en_1028.pdf ). Thank you.
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans40c3d707 Posted at 10-31 12:24
No iPhone 11 on the list ?

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment the iPhone 11 series is not yet listed as a part of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 recommended mobile device as of this time. But rest assured that our DJI engineers are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list. Thank you.
2019-11-5
Use props
Aitor Donostia
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-5 10:13
Hello and good day Cruiseman. I am sorry for the trouble but I am sorry to say that the Samsung Galaxy S 10 E is also not listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as of this time that is why you are experiencing this issue. Rest assured that our DJI engineers are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. For the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 please refer to this link ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_1028.pdf ). Thank you.

Hello
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ which is in your list as a compatible device and I am experiencing constant bluetooth disconnections.
Please solve this ASAP
2019-11-5
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-5 10:13
Hello and good day Cruiseman. I am sorry for the trouble but I am sorry to say that the Samsung Galaxy S 10 E is also not listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 as of this time that is why you are experiencing this issue. Rest assured that our DJI engineers are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. For the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 please refer to this link ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_1028.pdf ). Thank you.

My s10+ is on the list and I have the issues
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_Tl9yJXe7Gx6Y
New

Poland

Came to the forum to ask why am I getting the app disconnected all the time... Just to find out it's a common issue with no solution so far I lost the footage of the me doing some creative work which can't be recorded 2nd time which is a shame...

Not sure what's going on Dji, it's my first product of yours and I was sure there will be no problems with the device since your brand is known for very good products.

Im the owner of OnePlus6, Android 9
2019-11-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Lost data should be the one thing that tech companies avoid more than anything.  I really hope they are taking this very, very seriously.
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Aitor Donostia Posted at 11-5 10:38
Hello
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ which is in your list as a compatible device and I am experiencing constant bluetooth disconnections.
Please solve this ASAP

Hi Aitor Donostia, I am sorry to know that your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is having connectivity issues specially with the bluetooth connection. Rest assured that we have forwarded this issue to our DJI designated team for further attention. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AlanHd Posted at 11-5 10:58
My s10+ is on the list and I have the issues

Hi AlanHD, I am sorry to know that your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is having connectivity issues specially with the bluetooth connection. Rest assured that we have forwarded this issue to our DJI designated team for further attention. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-5
Use props
young501
lvl.1
United States

2 weeks and all we get is a automated response...
2019-11-5
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 16:01
Hi AlanHD, I am sorry to know that your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is having connectivity issues specially with the bluetooth connection. Rest assured that we have forwarded this issue to our DJI designated team for further attention. Thank you for your understanding.

I’m not the only one having issues, how hard is it to run a debug version to find out what’s going on. It’s not like it’s a rare event, and not once have we had anyone from DJI say yeah there is a problem at our end, all I keep getting is have you reinstalled the app, have you tried another device.
2019-11-5
Use props
young501
lvl.1
United States

funny i actually tried my sister inlaws Iphone. it worked perfectly.... while my s10+ is well... unusable
2019-11-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's an Android issue only.  I have some sympathy with developers due to the many different variations of Android devices, compared with the all-the-same iPhone devices, but this problem is getting rather long-standing none the less.
2019-11-5
Use props
young501
lvl.1
United States

Very long standing.... almost makes me want to get a iphone only for drones and gimbals. But i am not going to let apple win.
2019-11-5
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

What was missing, not only do not respond, but now I have closed another thread, where I criticized the abandonment of DJI, to its users ...

Regrettable...
2019-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AlanHd Posted at 11-5 16:21
I’m not the only one having issues, how hard is it to run a debug version to find out what’s going on. It’s not like it’s a rare event, and not once have we had anyone from DJI say yeah there is a problem at our end, all I keep getting is have you reinstalled the app, have you tried another device.

Hi AlanHD, I am sorry for the trouble that your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 has caused and thank you for the the additional information. Rest assured that we have forwarded this issue to our DJI designated team for further attention. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-6
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules