Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mimo Constant bluetooth disconnections
1234Next >
20011 143 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
odradek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1817087 ft
France

Hi everyone,

Same problem here with a Samsung S10 (On the list ) that keeps disconnecting every time I try to do a timelapse after 20 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes... It's makes my product useless. It's a shame.

It's also a shame that for 2 weeks, the only answers from DJI moderators on this thread was when they managed to find someone with a phone NOT on the list... Pathetic !
2019-11-7
Use props
djiuser_yjzHYKwdkIBP
lvl.1

India

Hey DJI,

It's high time you fix this issue. Really not a good way of doing business. This is bad for your consumers. It's high time you fix the issue. It's an issue with the app. Don't you see how the rating of the app as gone down? Does customer review or issues mean nothing to you? This is my first DJI product and in a few days I am going to go back to GoPro. Far better service and quick responses to issues. Attaching a screen shot from the playstore for you to understand reality of the app
Screenshot_20191107-153118.jpg
2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app.
Thank you for your continued support.
2019-11-7
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-7 19:15
Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app.
Thank you for your continued support.

An official communiqué from DJI is finally appreciated.

How many bad comments would have been avoided if the response had been quicker.

Thank you and we look forward to the update!!!
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

nostromito Posted at 11-8 01:53
An official communiqué from DJI is finally appreciated.

How many bad comments would have been avoided if the response had been quicker.

Hi nostromito, thank you so much for your support. Our team is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app, hope the issue will be sorted out soon. Thank you again.
2019-11-9
Use props
djiuser_7fJocpOdTX4V
lvl.1
Turkey

when is soon?
2019-11-9
Use props
louyseiz00
lvl.1
United States

Too late for me, I sold mine to an iPhone user.
2019-11-9
Use props
Cruiseman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I was planning to use my Mobile 3 for a video shoot next week in Miami with national exposure. Can't do it right now because it does not work with my Samsung Galaxy S10e. How do you release software that is incompatible with the most popular Android phone on the market?
2019-11-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's more the other way round.  They released an update to their app which was fine for a little while, but then coincidentally there was an Android security update afterwards which broke the app on devices which received the update.  At least, that appears to be the scenario.  That's the problem with Android - it's not just "one thing" like iOS - varies by device, some devices get updates, some don't etc etc  - bit of a nightmare for developers trying to hit moving targets.

Meanwhile, the Mobile 3 isn't completely useless, it can be used with basic functionality in conjunction with the native camera app on your phone, and even the record button will work if the native app uses the volume keys to take a photo (because the Mobile 3 record button sends a volume key message).  Or, press the record button on the app interface.
2019-11-10
Use props
Aitor Donostia
lvl.2
Spain

Hello

Any news about the patch, update... to solve the bluetooth disconnection problem?

Thanks!
2019-11-11
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

Aitor Donostia Posted at 11-11 03:29
Hello

Any news about the patch, update... to solve the bluetooth disconnection problem?

At the moment, nothing...
We are still waiting
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

nostromito Posted at 11-11 04:53
At the moment, nothing...
We are still waiting

Some users have already updated. It's being rolled out.
2019-11-11
Use props
fanse2c20404
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9478 ft
Poland

Hello, I will not write because I have already described it many times but now Osmo 3 is expensive rubbish
2019-11-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

fanse2c20404 Posted at 11-12 06:46
Hello, I will not write because I have already described it many times but now Osmo 3 is expensive rubbish

There is an update which fixes the disconnect issues, just keep checking and I’m sure it will show up soon.
2019-11-12
Use props
Leafedge
New
Flight distance : 146283 ft
Finland

The latest app update seems to have fixed the problem

I have to agree with fansfe82067d here. It's a neat piece of hardware, and If the gimbal would not work at all without the app I'd understand the heat in here. But you can find 3rd party apps that do panoramas, timelapses and whatnot if your native camera app doesn't do all the tricks the Mimo app does. Hearing that the record button can be made to work if you have the option to set volume keys to act as shutter buttons means that there is no actual need for the Mimo app to fully utilize the gimbal.

Personally, since you can't film in 4k 60 FPS or change the shutter speed the Mimo app is useless to me anyways, but I do appreciate the butter smooth footage I get with the gimbal. The hardware is solid, and I like it for what it is
2019-11-12
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

Leafedge Posted at 11-12 10:52
The latest app update seems to have fixed the problem

I have to agree with fansfe82067d here. It's a neat piece of hardware, and If the gimbal would not work at all without the app I'd understand the heat in here. But you can find 3rd party apps that do panoramas, timelapses and whatnot if your native camera app doesn't do all the tricks the Mimo app does. Hearing that the record button can be made to work if you have the option to set volume keys to act as shutter buttons means that there is no actual need for the Mimo app to fully utilize the gimbal.

I understand what you're saying, but I can't agree with your conclusions.

The gimbal is not entirely autonomous without the app Mimo. Especially in the functions of the buttons, the zoom and the trigger.
It is very limited using other external applications, although obviously they can be used and get good results.

There are also external apps like Filmic Pro that are much superior, but currently do not support Osmo 3.

Greetings!
2019-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, I have to say the device is too dependent on the app - notably for switching gimbal modes.  I've said elsewhere that I'll now be using the gimbal only on occasions where it has particular strengths compared to most other such devices, namely its folding design, and its gesture control.  I guess its tracking is a bit faster than on the other device I have, soif I really needed fast tracking, the Mobile 3 would come out of the cupboard for that too.  But otherwise,  to my mind, it doesn't offer a great deal compared to competitive devices, and lags quite seriously in the app department comparitively, even with the fixed version.
2019-11-12
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

Has anyone with Android had their app updated?

If so, what version is it?

Could someone share the apk, for the poor who have not yet received it?

Thanks and greetings!
2019-11-13
Use props
Aitor Donostia
lvl.2
Spain

2 days and still waiting for the update. I cant believe it. Google, Dji.... this is a joke!!
2019-11-13
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

Aitor Donostia Posted at 11-13 12:51
2 days and still waiting for the update. I cant believe it. Google, Dji.... this is a joke!!

I can't agree more!

It's hopeless..., the IOS holders have already received their update, and they didn't even have this problem!

Joke, joke, joke!!!

I contacted the Oline Chat, to ask for the apk and I was told that there was no update ...
2019-11-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

On their download page they still list 1.2.6 instead of 1.2.8.  They should (a) at least update that page and (b) host the apk themselves as Google seem to be having trouble getting it out to users.
2019-11-13
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-13 13:50
On their download page they still list 1.2.6 instead of 1.2.8.  They should (a) at least update that page and (b) host the apk themselves as Google seem to be having trouble getting it out to users.

Exactly!!! they don't even update their own page...

On the other hand I have to say that thanks to a forum user, I already have the app updated and I can confirm that it solves the problem (At least in the two tests I have done of recording)
2019-11-13
Use props
Muller
lvl.1
Poland

Hello version 1.2.4 does not disconnect for now s8 downloaded directly from dji
2019-11-13
Use props
kiminx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

just downloaded dji mimo 1.2.8 (49313), hopefully can solve the problem.
2019-11-13
Use props
Muller
lvl.1
Poland

kiminx Posted at 11-13 23:39

Hello, could you tell me where?
2019-11-14
Use props
odradek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1817087 ft
France

Muller Posted at 11-14 00:46

I found it there, installed it and, so far (25 minutes of a timelapse) it hasn't disconnected yet :-).

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/
2019-11-14
Use props
kiminx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

Muller Posted at 11-14 00:46

at google play store.
i already tested yesterday with OM3, it seem ok and no disconnect problem.
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_Bv7ByISsxwy6
lvl.1

Australia

I am experiencing the same thing. Initially I was using a Samsung Note10+. The shop where I purchased the Osmo Mobile 3  was great, taking everything of the the box and checking i for me. Drop outs were numerous right from the start. The shop then changed out my note10+ for an iphoneX from one of their staff and not a drop out occurred. I then tried my Samsung Note8 which is on the compatible list and immediately had drop outs. This definitely is a software issue and needs to be rectified by DJI quickly as I did not buy this to only use my native camera app.
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_Bv7ByISsxwy6
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_Bv7ByISsxwy6 Posted at 11-15 02:33
I am experiencing the same thing. Initially I was using a Samsung Note10+. The shop where I purchased the Osmo Mobile 3  was great, taking everything of the the box and checking i for me. Drop outs were numerous right from the start. The shop then changed out my note10+ for an iphoneX from one of their staff and not a drop out occurred. I then tried my Samsung Note8 which is on the compatible list and immediately had drop outs. This definitely is a software issue and needs to be rectified by DJI quickly as I did not buy this to only use my native camera app.

BTW, I am already running mimo version 1.2.8
2019-11-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Here I has to completely uninstall Mimo, and delete the DJI folder (make sure there's nothing in there you have recorded), then re-install the app (1.2.8).  Then the dropouts/crashes were finally gone.  I think you are the first person to report problems with the new version of the app.
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_yjzHYKwdkIBP
lvl.1

India

Post app update: No Disconnects

Thank you DJI
2019-11-16
Use props
Tony_Br
lvl.1

United Kingdom

kiminx Posted at 11-13 23:39

I have this version now, and as of last night (when I last tested it) disconnections are extremely frequent, making this device almost useless.

I am using a Galaxy S8+.

Somebody please give me a list of best alternative camera control apps that I can use with this - currently - seriously flawed device!
2019-11-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Did you go through the procedure I suggested above?
2019-11-16
Use props
Tony_Br
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-16 15:01

Not yet, as I  am concerned about losing pictures/videos that I have already captured via Osmo 3.  I have not yet found any guidance on this.
2019-11-17
Use props
Tony_Br
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-16 15:01

I have now done what was suggested,  uninstalled, installed.  Latest version as mentioned above and.......

Absolutely no change.

Constant dropouts

This product is officially not fit for purpose.

If there is no fix in the next week I am sending it back.
2019-11-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

As it's not a supported phone, I guess they don't have one to test with (though the Galaxy S8 with no plus is supported).  But it seems a bit odd.  Did you see the message "loading resource file" when you first used the reinstalled app?
2019-11-17
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

Well, after solving the problems of disconnection with this new update of DJI Mimo 1.2.8, finally and after 116 post and more than 3000 visits to the thread. I have to say that I'm half happy ...., I explain.

Once I updated the app, I did some tests of recording both normal video, hyperlapse and timelapse, and all were satisfactory.
Later my phone Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s (On the compatibility list of the DJI Mimo app), I received an update to Android 10 (it was on android 9). Well, the DJI Mimo app doesn't work anymore, it pretends to start, but it doesn't and blocks the phone. I installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled and nothing at all the app doesn't work on Android 10.

I had to downgrade to Android 9, where it worked well again.

Can anyone else provide data about the app and android 10?
Does it work for you?

Greetings!!!

2019-11-18
Use props
Tony_Br
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-17 16:26
As it's not a supported phone, I guess they don't have one to test with (though the Galaxy S8 with no plus is supported).  But it seems a bit odd.  Did you see the message "loading resource file" when you first used the reinstalled app?

Yes, I did see that message.

Since the new re-install, the app - as well as disconnecting every few seconds, then re-connecting - gives me all of the various “tips” around the screen, which I do not need now. When these tips appear, it seems that the app does not respond to my screen touches.

Occasionally, I can zoom in/out using the slider switch, but that is the only camera interaction that works.  Pressing the “capture” button does not work, in video or photo mode.

The mode selection (I.e. to change from video to photo, or hyperlapse etc) brings up the options, but does not then respond to the joystick, so I cannot select them that way.

Thi is really odd, as some sort of connection is being established, but only some commands get through.

I will have another go at a hyperlapse, to see what I get now - if anything....
2019-11-18
Use props
Tony_Br
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Update on my post above.

The “tips” appear when the app is connected (confirmatory message shown), but the tips are present I cannot interact with the app at all, and the camera is unresponsive (capture, zoom).

When the “tips” disappear, the “disconnected” message is shown, but there is no time to change any settings in the app.

Essentially this is now useless - even worse than it was a week ago.

2019-11-18
Use props
Tony_Br
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Another update (in the hope that someone from DJI actually reads these posts).

I monitored connections with a stopwatch.

Connection time is generally 22 to 30 seconds
Disconnected time is consistently around 8 seconds

When “connected”, tips appear at each screen touch.  Nothing else can be accessed via the screen
When “disconnected”, it is possible to access app menus.

I have also tried connecting via the USB port - some charging happens, and the phone gets surprisingly hot.
That’s it.

Currently unusable with the app.
2019-11-18
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules