Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mimo Constant bluetooth disconnections
20006 143 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roberto Paredes
lvl.2
United States

Im having this issue using Osmo mobile 3 and samsung galaxy phones s8+, s9+ and s10+.  All three disconnects while recording using mimo app. The videos show up on gallery as corrupted files.  Very disappointed.
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_alBE4Clxjs4B
New
Philippines

Havent experience this yet. I use a note 10+. Will continue to observe more.
2019-11-19
Use props
FRINK
lvl.1
Germany

The loss of footage in case of bluetooth disconnections is really annoing. Should be solved with maximum preference...
2019-11-29
Use props
TransCrawler
New
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-25 10:38
Hello and good day nostromito. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Have you tried using a different mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 to see if the issue will still persist. Upon checking the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the said gimbal and for the DJI Mimo application. There is a  possibility that the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s will be able to work with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. However, since it is not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the DJI MImo application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. For reference I will post a link where in you can see all the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0927.pdf ). In addition I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department. Thank you.

I looked at the table with devices. I got a One Plus 5T, this one is not listed. I do use Android 9.0...Why is DJI Osmo Mobile 3 disconnecting bluetooth all the time. I even cannot use it with FilMIC Pro (registered) Same problem with Bluetooth connection with Galaxy Smart Watch. Does that mean, one can only use some new devices if your smartphone is a Samsung brand. I think I send back this nice piece of hardware, seems to me I first have to buy a Samsung device...not amused... Next I read that One Plus 7T is incompatible too, even this device is on your list....
2019-12-31
Use props
TransCrawler
New
Netherlands

Elixir-Hunter Posted at 10-30 02:36
My OSMO 3 is about 2 weeks old and I was really enjoyed using my first DJI product and raving about it to friends and family. However, the unit is failing on timelapse exactly as described by Leafedge:

Timelapses do seem to get saved to the memory of the device even if the app restarts. However, after the app restarts, the gimbal is stuck in some sort of limbo. It no longer follows the movement of the gimbal if you turn or rotate it, and hitting the M button does not switch between portrait and landscape. However, hitting the M button three times does activate the sleep mode. After restarting the app and the gimbal the gimbal functions normally again.

Same for me...return to sender, not capable doing as promised
2019-12-31
Use props
TransCrawler
New
Netherlands

plaffan Posted at 10-31 04:08
This happened to me last week. Using Galaxy S8 and it frustratingly disconnects in the middle of recording and the moment you're trying to capture is lost!!!! What a pain !!!!
I would not recommend anyone purchase this OSMO Mobile 3 unless this is fixed.  Basically, its only useful to me now as a paperweight. I got on to DJI support and they keep on pushing it down the line, ''oh we need more info,...oh please send screenshots,....oh please send more descriptions of the issue,....  I have sent them all this and still no clear resolution back.     DJI Support needs to act on this MAJOR issue across what seems to be all Android users. They need to mark this issue as a high priority so the customers can use the item they paid for without fear of a disconnect with the app.  I was enjoying this product so much I was considering paying out big money for one of their drones. Now....Not a chance I will be spending any money until I feel confident that they addressing such MAJOR issues such as this in a timely manner.
Their lack of any kind of response to this issue to their customers is a total lack of respect. Even if they don't know what the issue is, they should at least hold their hands up and admit it, and let the customers know they are at least working on it.

2019-12-31
Use props
TransCrawler
New
Netherlands

Shekarforoush Posted at 10-30 09:34
Just un-boxed my new OSMO Mobile 3 and connected with the Galaxy S9. Constant Bluetooth disconnects!
This unit is going starlight back to the store for a full refund.
The disconnects are so frequent the app becomes unusable.

2019-12-31
Use props
TransCrawler
New
Netherlands

odradek Posted at 11-14 02:27
I found it there, installed it and, so far (25 minutes of a timelapse) it hasn't disconnected yet :-).

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/

Only ARM64 version, not aarch64 One Plus 5T
2019-12-31
Use props
TransCrawler
New
Netherlands

TransCrawler Posted at 12-31 09:39
Only ARM64 version, not aarch64  One Plus 5T

Sorry, AARCH64 seems to be the new name for ARM64
2019-12-31
Use props
KITA10
lvl.1

Japan

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-7 19:15
Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app.
Thank you for your continued support.

Ver1.2.12 Android8.0 Garaxy Feel, still crash at timelapse (single point mode) !!
2019-12-31
Use props
Robert2345
lvl.2
Pakistan

same here...
2020-1-1
Use props
dpw818
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 which I have not registered with Google; I use APKPure (or variant in certain circumstances) to download my apps.

I have purchased the Osmo Mobile 3, but cannot start the DJI Mimo app for full functionality.

I've downloaded every Mimo app version from like the last 6 or something, and none of them work.  I load the file and get stuck at the following error message:

"Resource file failed to download.  Check network connection."

I cannot get past this screen.  Certainly I have data turned on, as well as WiFi - but nothing seems to work to allow me to progress past this screen.

My friend has an S10 (different variant, can't remember), which is Google registered - and the app loads fine on his.  Thus, the only conclusion I can come to is that this initial download does not work if the phone is not Google registered.

I tried to find the .obb file on this phone, thinking that manually copying it over would fix my problem - but I was not able to locate an .obb anywhere on his phone.

1) Is there any other fix?  2) can anyone tell me where this file can be found? 3) Can DJI send me a copy?

Thanks a ton!
2020-1-11
Use props
neerajbalyan
lvl.1

India

I have the exact same issue with my osmo mobile 3.
It’s been 3 days that I have used Osmo mobile 3 with Samsung note 10, first day everything works fine and firmware updated, i have registered myself. But exactly right the next day everything stop working and it is not responding to everything in dji app-connected but no respond i even try to connect with app but nothing happens. But the next day everything works fine again .
But then again today I get blinking light green light and 3 white light fully on.
2020-1-11
Use props
neerajbalyan
lvl.1

India

fansec5a7ffd Posted at 2019-10-31 13:13
I am using MI8 and app keep crashing. I feel it is not related to Bluetooth as the app crashes even just browsing other content. I did some testing by disable wifi and mobile data. The app will still crash in around 1-2 minutes, but stays more stable after it auto restarts.

Suggestions to DJI: user video should be preserved with bigger efforts in the event of crashing. You could try write file more frequently to the phone storage so at least part of the video will be preserved. Lost entire video when app crash is a lazy and irresponsible solution.

did you got your solution plz reply
2020-1-12
Use props
dpw818
lvl.1

United States

My issue was finding the .OBB, which I've since found.  I paste the complete solution below, in case this helps anyone else.  Assuming you've already downloaded and installed the latest Mimo APK:

1. Download the DJ Mimo APK from a site like https://m.apkpure.com/dji-mimo/dji.mimo/download?from=details
2. Unpack the app, in that structure you should see path /Android/obb/dji.mimo/ and in there, the file main.52122.dji.mimo.obb
3. Copy that OBB file to your phone's storage that had the DJI Mimi folder (I think it is the same path as what's in the APK, but obviously on the Android it doesn't contain that file).

Presto!  Working Osmo3 and no more file download failures.
2020-1-18
Use props
djiuser_SIueY0jRXT92
New

India

nostromito Posted at 2019-10-23 09:28
Hey DJI, no answer around here?

Is this issue fixed? I am still facing resets while recording video
2020-1-29
Use props
nostromoito
lvl.2
Spain

djiuser_SIueY0jRXT92 Posted at 1-29 06:45
Is this issue fixed? I am still facing resets while recording video

Hello, it was solved long ago with the update of the DJI Mimo app.
There has also been a firmware update for Osmo 3.

Greetings!
2020-1-29
Use props
djiuser_ARic4Mp5tqoK
New
Poland

I am both happy and sad.
Happy because I have just discovered that lots of people have the same issue - I got same things happening with my Dji Osmo 3. Bought it few days ago..... Tried lots of tests and it works as it wants - connects and disconnetcs. Living its own life.
Sad - because there is an issue like itself.
I have written to company that sold it to me.
Now powered with this knowledge I am waiting for their reply.
I hope they read the forum...
2020-1-31
Use props
djiuser_nd9MtgAxyW8I
New
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-10-25 10:38
Hello and good day nostromito. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Have you tried using a different mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 to see if the issue will still persist. Upon checking the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the said gimbal and for the DJI Mimo application. There is a  possibility that the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s will be able to work with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. However, since it is not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the DJI MImo application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. For reference I will post a link where in you can see all the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0927.pdf ). In addition I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department. Thank you.

Mi redmi 8 pro has the s(h)ame problem. Suppose mi 8 in the list, does not cover all 8 series models?
Regarding the post of dji Natalia, to work with another app, only one thing is to be said: why? Is this our fault?
2020-3-2
Use props
Kanceminis
New

Mexico

I have about 2 months or less with the Osmo Mobile 3 and my redmi Note 7.
2020-5-17
Use props
Kanceminis
New

Mexico

I Just  apparently resolved by uninstall and clean all the permissions turn off the Osmo and Restart my Redmi Note 7.
Checked the software at the phone was up to date (MiUi and Android)

I have about 2 months with my Osmo Mobile 3

At the begin I have nothing to complain but 2 weeks ago I start to experiment a really annoying issue with BT drops while using the DJI MiMo

Hope this help to you to solve (at least by now) I have already about 30 minutos since I "restart software, uninstall and resintall DJI MIMO) I already do a Timelapse and no one drops was issued.

I'll update this post in few days
2020-5-17
Use props
Freenzy
New

Turkey

Herkese merhaba, bugün osmo mobile 3 aldım. LG G7 ile çalışmak çalışıyorum. Güncelledim. Sürekli bağlantı kesilen hatalar alıyorum. Bu cihaz bu şekilde kullanılmıyor. Bunun çözümü nedir? Bu şekil devam ederse, onu geri vereceğim.
2020-7-8
Use props
kian hejazi
New

Iran

Hello everyone. I am using the DJI OM stabilizer with my iPhone 13 Pro Max. The DJI Mimo app. is keep disconnecting from my iPhone’s Bluetooth and it interrupts my recording… I have updated my app recently to its latest version but, the issue still hasn’t resolved. Please let me know what to do.
Best of all
Kian
3-7 05:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

kian hejazi Posted at 3-7 05:03
Hello everyone. I am using the DJI OM stabilizer with my iPhone 13 Pro Max. The DJI Mimo app. is keep disconnecting from my iPhone’s Bluetooth and it interrupts my recording… I have updated my app recently to its latest version but, the issue still hasn’t resolved. Please let me know what to do.
Best of all
Kian

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please confirm what specific version of the DJI Osmo Mobile series you are using. If you could provide us a short video showing the issue that would be very helpful for us to further check the issue. Please keep us posted.
3-8 05:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules