Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 Pro faulty launch and hard landing
451 2 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTrot

United States

I've noticed two problems with one of our Phantom 4 pros.  They may be unrelated, but they started at the same time.

1.  On automatic take off from ground station pro the drone climbs to about 10 ft then cancels out of the mission.  No warnings or errors.  If I transmit the mission again, while it's hovering, it works just fine.  Also, if I take off manually and then transmit the mission it works fine.

2. On return to home I'm getting a hard landing.  Usually it should slow its decent gradually as it gets closer to the ground, but this is not happening.

We have two Phantom 4 Pros and this is only happening to one of them using the same flight plan and i-pad.  This happens consistantly now in different locations where wind is not an issue.

What I've tried so far:
-Calibrate compass
-Calibrate IMU
-Re-calibrating the sensor cameras in DJI assistant 2
-Re-flash the firmware
-Re-install ground station pro
-Use different i-pad

See versions below:
-Assistant 2 for Phantom v2.0.8
-Phantom firmware v1.05.06
-Ground Station Pro v2.0.8

2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to relink the aircraft to the RC to see if the problem persists? You may refer to the tutorial below. Also, may I ask what mobile device did you try to use to run the Ground Station app? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2019-10-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are the downward sensors off or any issues with them  in the log?
It sounds like its not doing a precision take off (20ft)  if the above, then it will only go to 10ft
2019-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules