Osmo mobile 3 no audio in iMovie
6402 17 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zburke11
New
Slovakia

So recently I used my dji Osmo mobile 3 to record a decently long video, about 17 minutes, with my iphone. I used the front facing camera for it. After recording I could open the videon on the phone and hear the audio fine. I airdropped it to my macbook pro no problem and can hear the audio just fine when it opens with quicktime, or vlc. But, when I drop it into iMovie there is no audio. Other videos have no problem with audio. I even have one I took about a month ago using it and with the front facing camera, and I have no problems with audio in iMovie. Any thoughts?
2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. We hope that you could get the best recommendation about this matter together with editing software. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-24
Use props
MarkInCentralTx
New

United States

Hey Z ...  dunno if you’re still having problems, perhaps Apple support forums <Support.apple.com> can help ..  since I’m a new DJI forum member, I can apparently post URL link ...  the search string I used was “If you can't hear sound in your iMovie for Mac project”.   I’ll try to copy-n-paste the info ...
2019-10-28
Use props
MarkInCentralTx
New

United States

Hey Z ...  dunno if you’re still having problems, perhaps Apple support forums <Support.apple.com> can help ..  since I’m a new DJI forum member, I apparently can’t post URL links until I get enough ‘points ...  the search string I used was “If you can't hear sound in your iMovie for Mac project”.   I tried to “copy-n-paste” the info ... But this forum text box doesn’t permit to format anything ...  sorry Z ...
2019-10-28
Use props
slugwurth
lvl.1
United States

I have had the same issue after switching to an iPhone 11 from the iPhone 6. There seems to be something with the encoding that's odd, even though iMovie should support it. So I suspect the issue lies with the app. The only solution I have found is to open the movie in Quicktime, and save it as another file. You can then use the video in iMovie. I really hope DJI is able to resolve this soon, because it is a pain.
2019-10-28
Use props
djiuser_sQEXvkxWCx2x
New
Malaysia

I have the same problem as well.
2019-10-31
Use props
daweb
New

Italy

The same issue here. Thank you for support.
2019-11-5
Use props
mjenkins900
New

United States

I have the same issue. iPhone 8. I can hear sound on my phone, in iPhoto on my Mac, but it’s gone in iMovie. Volume disappears completely.
2019-11-6
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

You shouldn’t need to open in QuickTime, just renaming the MP4 to MOV should do it.
2019-11-20
Use props
djiuser_HtUC44XeTeHA
New

Sweden

Hi!! I have had exactly the same problem the last days and it has driving me crazy! But THANKS to this thread which solved my problem! I did as AlanHd said and renamed the file from MP4 to MOV. Now the audio is back and i can see the audio waves.
2019-12-3
Use props
djiuser_fx1v4LU7AHIH
New

Canada

Hi I had the same problem.
(Sorry for my English)
Solution: when you want to achieve a project under iMovie, the first video you have to drop into your project should be 24FPS, (you can deleted after) this way you will have sound for all your other movies no matter FPS you are using. If your working under 30FPS, your first video should be 3FPS.
In iMovie you can not change FPS for each video. iMovie will work depending on the first video you drop in your project.
Try for the videos you already taken to drop an 24FPS video that you can delete after and then add your videos. This how my self I could get sound on my videos.

Hope it will help.
2020-1-12
Use props
zburke11
New
Slovakia

Hey guys! Thanks so much. Totally forgot about this thread. Seems like there are a couple solutions so I’ll try them both out! Thanks so much
2020-1-12
Use props
Johnny M
New
United States

Having the same issue. Audio is not working in iMovie media or timeline but I'm hearing it on the original files.

Took the tip to rename the file from .mp4 to .mov and that did the trick.

But I have a batch of a few hundred files, wondering if there's a faster way to fix than manually changing the names on each.
2020-2-17
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Johnny M Posted at 2-17 21:43
Having the same issue. Audio is not working in iMovie media or timeline but I'm hearing it on the original files.

Took the tip to rename the file from .mp4 to .mov and that did the trick.

How to batch-rename files on Mac
Launch Finder on your Mac.
Locate the files you want to rename.
Shift-click to select multiple files.
Click on the Action button at the top of the Finder window. ...
Select Rename [X number] Items.
Select Format from the drop down menu at the top of the set of rename tools.
2020-2-18
Use props
djiuser_YPYVj6LQ7RdA
New

Netherlands

djiuser_fx1v4LU7AHIH Posted at 1-12 17:48
Hi I had the same problem.
(Sorry for my English)
Solution: when you want to achieve a project under iMovie, the first video you have to drop into your project should be 24FPS, (you can deleted after) this way you will have sound for all your other movies no matter FPS you are using. If your working under 30FPS, your first video should be 3FPS.

I wasn't able to replicate this, unfortunately. Still no sound
2020-2-20
Use props
djiuser_fx1v4LU7AHIH
New

Canada

I have same problem
You have to encode the video before import it to iMovie
Right click on video then at the bottom you can encode your video
2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced