Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Canada drone law
1603 6 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb9715f88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213753 ft
Canada

Hello,

In a post from January 2019, DJI said that they are going to provide all the required documents to Transport Canada to make the Mavic drone safe to fly over people (bystanders). Until now, Mavic drone are not allowed to fly over bystanders even if the pilot has advanced operation license and you cant get SOFC when you are using Mavic air for events unless you buy another device that you attached it to the drone ($2000)

When Is DJI going to meet Transport Canada requirements and make the Mavic drones safe to fly over bystanders?

Thanks,
2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will directly forward this concern/thread of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-10-23
Use props
fansb9715f88
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-23 15:11
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will directly forward this concern/thread of yours to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Thank you for your prompt response. Do you know if the department will reach out or if the department concerned with this issue has a public page that I can go on and get all updates and maybe communicate with them?
2019-10-23
Use props
Gophia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55322 ft
Canada

fansb9715f88 Posted at 10-23 17:58
Thank you for your prompt response. Do you know if the department will reach out or if the department concerned with this issue has a public page that I can go on and get all updates and maybe communicate with them?
Transport Canada has alteady approved DJI drones like the mavic series, phantom and even the spark  to fly over people if you are an advance operator. I think this was done early summer 2019.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviation/drone-safety/choosing-right-drone.html#approved
2019-10-24
Use props
fansb9715f88
lvl.1
Canada

Gophia Posted at 10-24 15:29
Transport Canada has alteady approved DJI drones like the mavic series, phantom and even the spark  to fly over people if you are an advance operator. I think this was done early summer 2019.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviation/drone-safety/choosing-right-drone.html#approved

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, this is not true when it comes to flying OVER people.
If you check the table on the page you provided, last column “Over people” in the table does not say YES next to any of the Mavic drones.

DJI drones are approved in controlled airspace and near people but they are NOT approved over people

Any plan to provide the documents required to complete this step?

Thanks
2019-10-24
Use props
fansb9715f88
lvl.1
Canada

Do you have answer to what I said in my precious post about DJI drones are not licensed to fly OVER PEOPLE?
2019-10-25
Use props
fansb9715f88
lvl.1
Canada

Could you please provide an answer on whether DJI is going to take care of the requirements to meet FLY OVER PEOPLE? Currently, DJI drones are not authorized in Canada to fly over people.

I am still waiting for an answer on whether this is going to happen or not and if yes, a time line to be provided if possible.

I have Mavic Air and I am planning to buy Mavic 2 Pro For my business but if this requirement can’t be met, I will invest in some other brand that meets the requirements.

Thank you
2019-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules