Will a Tilt + Pan Lock gimbal mode ever be added to the Osmo Pocket?
862 2 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeltaFoxtrot
lvl.1
Singapore

I realize that the full lock is available with the controller wheel attached, but in order to use the controller wheel, you need to have it, and I don't. I contemplated buying one, but it turned out that you have to hold a button down continuously which isn't feasible when a camera needs to point in one direction for longer than a few seconds. Additionally, most of the time I use my Osmo Pocket with a phone connected to it, or when it's mounted on a boom pole with a mounting thingamajig that slides into the adapter slot, or when it's mounted on a rectangular bracket with two handles for stability.

This mode would be incredibly useful when filming hyperlapses to ensure that the camera stays pointed in one direction when you walk to create a parallax feeling on a large scale.

I would like to know if any plans exist to add it directly into the camera.
2019-10-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This mode is also available on the official extension rod, but you still have to hold down a button to use it.  It does seem odd that there is no other way of accessing it - probably not going to happen with hardware but I would have thought the Mimo app could accomplish it in a future version.
2019-10-23
Use props
DeltaFoxtrot
lvl.1
Singapore

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-23 22:24
This mode is also available on the official extension rod, but you still have to hold down a button to use it.  It does seem odd that there is no other way of accessing it - probably not going to happen with hardware but I would have thought the Mimo app could accomplish it in a future version.

Well, they've added the 2.7k recording resolution, I think they can just as easily add another gimbal mode to cycle through. I really don't know why it wasn't there from the start when all other gimbals have it.
2019-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules