What wattage charger?
12026 17 2019-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mightye777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38586 ft
Australia

I have recently got an osmo mobile 3 and I was wondering what wattage charger I should use to charge it. I have looked through the manual but it does not say.
I appreciate suggestions,
Thanks
2019-10-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. We highly recommend using a 10W battery charger when charging the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Also, it is recommended to have a 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F) charging temperature for us to avoid any issues. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-10-24
Use props
chemicalbacon
lvl.2
United States

Is the 10W a minimum wattage, max wattage, or suggested wattage? Can I use an Apple 75W USB C charger without any issues? Or should I specifically use a 10W charger?
2019-10-24
Use props
Mightye777
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-24 08:51
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. We highly recommend using a 10W battery charger when charging the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Also, it is recommended to have a 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F) charging temperature for us to avoid any issues. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!

When I try charging the gimbal with a 10W charger it starts heating up to the point where it is burning to touch. Is this normal/bad for the battery?
2019-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mightye777 Posted at 10-24 11:10
When I try charging the gimbal with a 10W charger it starts heating up to the point where it is burning to touch. Is this normal/bad for the battery?

Hi, thank you for the additional information. Are you using the original charger that comes with the package? It is not normal if the Osmo Mobile 3 is heating up badly when you're charging as you've mentioned. You may try a different 10W charger or your mobile phone charger to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-10-25
Use props
Mightye777
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-25 14:58
Hi, thank you for the additional information. Are you using the original charger that comes with the package? It is not normal if the Osmo Mobile 3 is heating up badly when you're charging as you've mentioned. You may try a different 10W charger or your mobile phone charger to see if the problem persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Yes I was using the standard usb a to usb c charging cable that came in the box. I was using my Ipad’s 10W charging cable (see image)
3BCB1E1E-E858-4648-9D9A-65D0FD58E7D9.jpeg
2019-10-25
Use props
pmconaway
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-25 14:58

What charger that comes with the package? I just purchased Osmo Mobile 3 Combo package. On the side of the box the "In-box" contents lists (Osmo Mobile 3, Osmo Carrying case, Osmo grip tripod, Power Cable, Storage pouch, Wrist strap) It doesn't list a charger. Am I missing something? I used my 5W iPhone charger to complete the initial charge, it took awhile but it got the job done. DJI Gamora your response didn't make a lot of sense if there is supposed to be a charger included in the package.
2019-10-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

No charger comes with the package (whose contents are as listed).  The DJI rep made a mistake.
2019-10-27
Use props
pmconaway
New
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-27 13:31
No charger comes with the package (whose contents are as listed).  The DJI rep made a mistake.

That's what I figured but I wanted to make sure. I would guess they are recommending only using a 10W charger.
2019-10-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

So far I've just used whatever phone or tablet charger came to hand and I have no idea of the wattage.  Personally I lean towards charging devices relatively slowly for a longer time rather than heating them up with a fast charge.  Maybe modern technology makes that olde worlde advice.
2019-10-27
Use props
pmconaway
New
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-27 14:49
So far I've just used whatever phone or tablet charger came to hand and I have no idea of the wattage.  Personally I lean towards charging devices relatively slowly for a longer time rather than heating them up with a fast charge.  Maybe modern technology makes that olde worlde advice.

I don't think it is olde worlde advice. I do the same thing. I'm not so worried about fast charging. I make it a habit to set my devices to charge at night. I can usually run a full day without having to recharge.
2019-10-27
Use props
Nightfallen.
lvl.2

Romania

The more I see the mods commenting on different threads, the more I start to think they literally have no idea what they're talking about and they're just copy pasting what DJI told them to say.
2019-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nightfallen. Posted at 10-28 02:31
The more I see the mods commenting on different threads, the more I start to think they literally have no idea what they're talking about and they're just copy pasting what DJI told them to say.

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I was already manage to clarify to our fellow member above that the charger that I was mentioned is the power cable and not including the power adapter. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern. Again sorry for the inconvenience, Thank you!
2019-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mightye777 Posted at 10-25 18:32
Yes I was using the standard usb a to usb c charging cable that came in the box. I was using my Ipad’s 10W charging cable (see image)

Hi, thank you for the additional information. Can you please clarify if you already tried using a different USB type C cable? Also, are you charging the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 after using it? Can you please try to cool down first the Osmo then charge it if you still experience the problem? If the overheating persists. I will highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pmconaway Posted at 10-27 12:40
What charger that comes with the package? I just purchased Osmo Mobile 3 Combo package. On the side of the box the "In-box" contents lists (Osmo Mobile 3, Osmo Carrying case, Osmo grip tripod, Power Cable, Storage pouch, Wrist strap) It doesn't list a charger. Am I missing something? I used my 5W iPhone charger to complete the initial charge, it took awhile but it got the job done. DJI Gamora your response didn't make a lot of sense if there is supposed to be a charger included in the package.

Hi, thank you for the additional information and sorry for the confusion. Just to clarify, the charger that I've mention above was the power cable and not including the power adapter. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concern. Thank you!
2019-10-28
Use props
AhYung
New
Flight distance : 16962 ft
Malaysia

Mightye777 Posted at 10-25 18:32

Hi, bro.

You still using this to charge?
I just got my osmo mobile 3 and want to first charge (50% battery bar left) using this adapter as well.
But it took me 5 hours already (2.5 hours still in 2 blinking light) and still cannot fully charge it.
Check the in app battery bar still have one small portion till full bar.

During charging, i can hear some hissing sound from the device actually.
2019-11-25
Use props
djiuser_5vQe2OnwrDYG
New
United Kingdom

Mightye777 Posted at 2019-10-25 18:32
Yes I was using the standard usb a to usb c charging cable that came in the box. I was using my Ipad’s 10W charging cable (see image)[Image]

The problem with the charger of ipad u use and over heat is not the 10w but the 5.2 volts this charger give try to use a charger that says 5 volts 2 amps not 5.2 volts
2020-9-14
Use props
djiuser_5vQe2OnwrDYG
New
United Kingdom

Mightye777 Posted at 2019-10-25 18:32
Yes I was using the standard usb a to usb c charging cable that came in the box. I was using my Ipad’s 10W charging cable (see image)[Image]

The problem with overheating of your device is because ipad charger gives 5.2 volts not 5 volts so you stressing you battery by giving more volts that it can handle try to use a 5. Volts 2 amp 10w charger i use this to all my dji devices without any problems what so ever
2020-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules