Bad Customer Service with DJI Mavic Air - Batteries & RC dead
1193 7 2019-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dzungtong
New

Australia

Hi guys,

I have received the worst customer service from DJI.

I wrote an email to them because 3 out of 4 of my battery operated DJI devices don't even turn on despite only being used a handful of times. Looks like it's a major defect and I'm seeking help from a DJI rep but instead they refuse to escalate my case.

This is my last email to the support team at DJI:
"Hi XXXX,

It is for these reasons that I am upset that my DJI products failed on me.
- I have only charged the devices a handful of times and maintained it as per guidance i.e only at room temperature with discharge procedure.
- 2 out of 3 batteries are not working. 1 battery works still and they all have been used and maintained the same way. Likewise with the remote controller. Therefore 3 out of 4 of my battery devices from DJI are not working. 75% of my DJI battery devices are not working, which is a very high incident number considering they were all purchased at the same time, used the same way and maintained the same way. This is a very alarming number and this is why I wanted to understand the cause of this issue - judging from other users in the community it looks like a big DJI defect. This is why, I need to speak to senior management because I feel that I haven’t been heard and apologises and a mere 20% discount is unacceptable considering the magnitude of this case. This is possibly a major defect.
- I own other lithium batteries for many other devices and companies and I have NOT ONCE encountered this issue over the years. My storage and maintenance habits are of course the same with how I use my DJI products.

Once again, if you feel that you cannot offer your DJI customer the care and solution that I need, I am asking to speak to your manager.  

Thanks and kind regards,

Dzung "

This was their reply:
"We really appreciate your feedback and we will remain committed to improving our customer services as we move forward. As mentioned before, we wouldn't be able to approve the free after-sales service for your case. The goodwill gesture of 20% off discount on material costs (Excluding Service Fees and Postage) the best offer we can make at the moment, and we felt truly sorry for not meeting your expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience with us. DJI is continuously seeking customer feedback to drive improvements to our products and customer experiences. I have documented all the information you provided, and will make sure that your feedback is addressed internally. The results of these types of inquiries are only shared internally, but thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Please accept our sincere apology on any inconvenience we have brought you during the case handling. If needed, please feel free to let me know your confirmation, and then we will reissue the quotation to you. Thank you again for your time and support. I hope you have a great day."

Has anyone encountered the same poor service and/or issue? What did you do and what happened?

Thanks!
2019-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I managed to get your case number via the forum information and escalated it to the designated team for further assistance. They will review and contact you during working time soon.
2019-10-24
Use props
djiuser_pmASZVm30zG3
New

United States

I bought a Mavic Pro Fly LESS Combo.  Opened the package recently, not one, not two but all three (30) batteries were bad out of the box.  
Now I don't even know if the Mavic Pro itself is working since I don't have any battery to test it.
This may be my last DJI product.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_pmASZVm30zG3 Posted at 11-21 19:19
I bought a Mavic Pro Fly LESS Combo.  Opened the package recently, not one, not two but all three (30) batteries were bad out of the box.  
Now I don't even know if the Mavic Pro itself is working since I don't have any battery to test it.
This may be my last DJI product.

We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for the replacement service and send in, our repair center will help.
2019-11-22
Use props
djiuser_pmASZVm30zG3
New

United States

I did send in all three (brand new) defective batteries to DJI.  The support wanted me to pay full price for all three battery replacements.  I emailed Support to escalate my case to the management but my went unanswered.
2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_pmASZVm30zG3 Posted at 11-22 18:27
I did send in all three (brand new) defective batteries to DJI.  The support wanted me to pay full price for all three battery replacements.  I emailed Support to escalate my case to the management but my went unanswered.

Upon checking your proof of purchase, the drone was purchased on 12th, December 2018. Please note the warranty period for a product starts on the day such a product is delivered, and the warranty period of an intelligent battery is only 6 months.
Why did you just open the package? The battery cannot be stored for almost a year without any charge and discharge.

An Intelligent Battery’s power will be consumed at a slow rate when it is being stored after being powered off. Also, the battery may become over-discharged if its power is critically low when being put into storage. To avoid this, we recommend that you discharge the battery to between 40% to 65% and store it in a cool, dry space (at an ambient temperature of 22°C to 28°C) when it is going to be idle for more than ten days. Check the battery’s power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once. Please perform this routine maintenance to keep your battery healthy.

Since the warranty period of your batteries has been expired, the warranty service cannot be provided, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_lWA7Ai7wjGnR
New

Italy

Stesso problema su mavic pro nuovo consegnato il 6 aprile con acquisto effettuato su UNIEURO.
LE BATTERIE NON SI CARICANO.
1 SOLA BATTERIA  si accende il primo LED verde ad intermittenza per 10 sec poi 5 se nulla è via così senza avanzamento
2 batterie nessun segno di vita, mettendole su HUB appare LED rosso fisso
Luigi
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_lWA7Ai7wjGnR Posted at 4-8 03:59
Stesso problema su mavic pro nuovo consegnato il 6 aprile con acquisto effettuato su UNIEURO.
LE BATTERIE NON SI CARICANO.
1 SOLA BATTERIA  si accende il primo LED verde ad intermittenza per 10 sec poi 5 se nulla è via così senza avanzamento

We sincerely apologize for the troubles with the batteries, it is recommended to charge the batteries for more than one hours, if there is still no response, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support or your reseller for further assistance.
2020-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules