Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
USB mass storage for smart TV playback
908 3 2019-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf362d814
lvl.1

Romania

Can anyone confirm that the Osmo Action has a mass storage mode when connected thru USB-C?
So that smart TVs with USB support can play back the recorded files on the Osmo Action, without having to remove the SD card and use an USB adaptor?
If so, what would be the highest resolution/framerate that can be played back given the camera USB speed?

The specific need is to be able to quickly debrief a video on a tv by plugging in the camera and pressing play on the TV remote.
2019-10-24
Use props
4wd
First Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I quickly tried it on my Panasonic, the 'accept connection' screen momentarily popped up but the TV closed the link due to overcurrent as Osmo started trying to charge.
Some models might handle this differently.
2019-10-24
Use props
wotenojej
lvl.1

Romania

When connected to a Windows PC, does it appear as a storage device with its own letter? or is it identified as a camera?
2019-10-29
Use props
Mizzu
First Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

wotenojej Posted at 10-29 02:27
When connected to a Windows PC, does it appear as a storage device with its own letter? or is it identified as a camera?

It's a simple Mass Storage like every USB Stick and so on.
I guess it should work, but i never tried it since my TV is more than 15 years old. ;)
2019-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules