Why does Mavic 2 series not have 60fps image transmission?
638 1 2019-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerminatorZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216509 ft
United States

I just received my DJI Goggles RE today and tried it with my Mavic 2 Zoom, and flying in 30fps had me lightheaded after a short 10 minutes's flight. So I dug around to see if there was a higher refresh rate available, and to my surprise while the Goggles were capable of steaming @ 60fps, the Mavic 2 could not transmit @ 60fps, and I was EVEN MORE SURPRISED to find that the older Mavic Pro could do 60fps.

It just seems extremely odd that the older Mavic Pro, with the less adavanced OcuSync 1.0 system, should have the option of 60fps image transmission when paired with the Goggles while the Mavic 2, with OcuSync 2.0, could not.
It is because of the hardware? I doubt it as I found in the user manual of Mavic 2 Enterprise, which is basically the same as Mavic 2 Zoom minus the expandable accessory ports, that IT COULD do 60fps image tranmission.
So my question for DJI representatives is: Will the Mavic 2 ever have 60fps image transmission? If not, why?

2019-10-24
Use props
BobDoLe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 763094 ft
United States

Thank you for pointing this out. This basically puts the nail in the coffin for the goggles.
2019-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules