Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which DJI Drone should i buy as a begginner
1795 10 2019-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HoopScoop
lvl.1

Denmark

Hi

I have never had real drone, and now i really want one. I am 14, turning 15 early next year and from Europe. I am willing to pay a good bit for a drone. I really enjoy landscape photography, that's why I've decided that i want a drone. I have over 1000 dollars, but don't want to spend all my money on one, since I never have had a drone before and I don't need the latest and greatest

I currently have my eyes on two drones: Mavic Air and Mavic Pro Platinum. Here in Europe the Mavic Air is around 800 dollars and the Mavic Pro Platinum is around 950 dollars.

I really wan't to know the pros and cons of both drones and your opinions on them. Maybe you have other recommendations for a beginner drone? I know that 950 dollars is a lot of money for a 14 year old, but if the drone is the money, then i might go for it.

I have also read romours abou a mavic air 2 coming early 2020? Should i wait or would it be an opportunity to get the mavic air cheaper?

All answers are greatly eppreciated. Thanks in advance.
2019-10-24
Use props
HoopScoop
lvl.1

Denmark

I've just found a lightly used Mavic Pro Platinum Combo Set on Amazon for 635 dollars, any thoughts/opinions on that? I don't know if it's a good idea to buy used drones.
2019-10-24
Use props
HoopScoop
lvl.1

Denmark

HoopScoop Posted at 10-24 08:05
I've just found a lightly used Mavic Pro Platinum Combo Set on Amazon for 635 dollars, any thoughts/opinions on that? I don't know if it's a good idea to buy used drones.

And again. I've found a lightly used Mavic 2 Pro for 835 dollars on Amazon. How much better is the Mavic 2 pro than the Mavic Pro Platinum. And again, is it a good idea to buy used drones? Any thoughts on all of this?
2019-10-24
Use props
PS013
Captain
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

HoopScoop Posted at 10-24 09:43
And again. I've found a lightly used Mavic 2 Pro for 835 dollars on Amazon. How much better is the Mavic 2 pro than the Mavic Pro Platinum. And again, is it a good idea to buy used drones? Any thoughts on all of this?

I think that the first thing to consider before the purchase is the law in your country.

I don't know the rules in Denmark, but I know that in most European countries they are limitations depending on the weight of the drone.

Also I understand that DJI is soon going to release a drone weighting less than 250gr. That is the threshold in  most european countries.

DJI has annouced an event for the end of the month. It could(should) be that drone.
My suggestion would be to wait for the end of the month, and that drone may be your best bet.

2019-10-24
Use props
HoopScoop
lvl.1

Denmark

PS013 Posted at 10-24 10:46
I think that the first thing to consider before the purchase is the law in your country.

I don't know the rules in Denmark, but I know that in most European countries they are limitations depending on the weight of the drone.

Thanks. I will do that. Those deals i mentioned in my replies turned out to be scams from what I've seen.
2019-10-24
Use props
PS013
Captain
United States

HoopScoop Posted at 10-24 11:23
Thanks. I will do that. Those deals i mentioned in my replies turned out to be scams from what I've seen.

I bought some used drones in the past, but always met the seller.
Buying online is another story.   I would not try unless the seller is well know and offer returns 'No question asked'

Link to the DJI event notice https://forum.dji.com/thread-200577-1-1.html
2019-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your support!
2019-10-25
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Just wait and buy the mavic mini
2019-10-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Consider about the mavic mini
2019-10-27
Use props
Oliver drone flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27864 ft
Switzerland

I have bought the Mavic Air for my purposes. What I would recommend that you consider is the bundle that you buy. Including the "fly more" bundle saves money in the long run by providing you more batteries (3 pcs instead of 1) , extra propellers and other extra gear. This will result in more air-time from the beginning, and not flying 20-ish minutes, charge the battery for x minutes, and then fly again.
I bought the "fly more" bundle, and is even considering buying extra batteries..
2019-10-29
Use props
PS013
Captain
United States

HoopScoop Posted at 10-24 11:23

The Mavic Mini is out https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini

2019-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules