2288 7 2019-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
Spain

It is a possibility that my brother will get a Mavic 2 zoom, but he wont let me get the Mavic 2 pro because "The mavic series is my thing!" So I have to stick with the Phantom series, and ive been eyeing the Phantom 4 pro/ pro v2. Aside from the obvious fact that the mavic 2 is much more portable than the phantom 4, are the camera and range specs nearly identical on these two devices? Also, what are the major differences between the Pro and the Pro v2? If they arent too different, i might just settle for the Phantom 4 pro, not the v2.
2019-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. There are a couple of specifications that different between the DJI Phantom 4 Pro/v2.0 and the DJI Mavic 2 Series one of them would be the shutter, the DJI Phantom 4 Pro uses mechanical shutter while the Mavic 2 series are using electronic shutter. You may also refer to the link below for you to compare those devices. Thank you for your continued support!

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
2019-10-24
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

lol...how old are you kids?
your post sounds like my 8 and 11yr old boys bickering
2019-10-24
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Sick Dawg Posted at 10-24 11:56
lol...how old are you kids?
your post sounds like my 8 and 11yr old boys bickering

Not really sure how to react to that, whether youre being curious or mocking me, lol. Were both 16, the dji drone flying hobby has been really great, started a year and a half ago with a spark.
2019-10-25
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Firstly, since DJI is no longer producing the Phantoms, it is getting harder and harder to actually find one.  And when you do find one, its generally harder to get it at a decent price.

In regards to the differences between the P4P and P4Pv2, the main difference is Lightbridge vs OcuSync 2.0.  OcuSync 2.0 in the P4Pv2 is basically the transmission system in the Mavic 2 platform.  Lightbridge in the P4P is an older transmission protocol that is still good, but not as good as OcuSync 2.0.

If I were you, I wouldn't let you brother dictate how you spend your money.  Get the drone that is best for you and what you plan to do with it.
2019-10-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is one of the funniest posts on this Forum recently. Now, let's get serious for a while ... Let your brother guard his Mavic mania and get Phantom 4 Pro in whatever incarnation you'll be able to find out there. True, she's bigger, less comfortable to carry around, but she's flying charmingly and is much more powerful in strong winds. Image quality is in par with Mavic Pro series, no worries here. I owe P4P (+ version) since day one and never had a single issue. Still using this bird aside Inspire 2 and M200 in my fleet ...
2019-10-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 10-25 08:08
Firstly, since DJI is no longer producing the Phantoms, it is getting harder and harder to actually find one.  And when you do find one, its generally harder to get it at a decent price.

In regards to the differences between the P4P and P4Pv2, the main difference is Lightbridge vs OcuSync 2.0.  OcuSync 2.0 in the P4Pv2 is basically the transmission system in the Mavic 2 platform.  Lightbridge in the P4P is an older transmission protocol that is still good, but not as good as OcuSync 2.0.

Yeah, they recently stopped selling the phantom drones. I dont know if they are going to start selling them new any time soon, but if not im most likely going to get it used.
2019-10-26
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-25 15:32
This is one of the funniest posts on this Forum recently. Now, let's get serious for a while ... Let your brother guard his Mavic mania and get Phantom 4 Pro in whatever incarnation you'll be able to find out there. True, she's bigger, less comfortable to carry around, but she's flying charmingly and is much more powerful in strong winds. Image quality is in par with Mavic Pro series, no worries here. I owe P4P (+ version) since day one and never had a single issue. Still using this bird aside Inspire 2 and M200 in my fleet ...

I suppose so, ill let him do whatever he wants and ill get the phantom. Ive heard theyre both really good drones though!
2019-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules