RIP Mavic Pro
1593 14 2019-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slimharry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 720446 ft
Canada

After a year and a half and 13h42 minutes (165 km) totaling 122 flights , my drone rests in peace.

Ever since i bought it, it was numerous problems:
1. Gimbal error after 1 week, DJI repaired it under their warranty.
2. As soon as i got the drone back, excited as i was, i plugged everything in to charge and unfortunetly the RC wouldn't charge. Manufacture defect again. After arguing over the phone with their managers, they agreed so send me a new one. If not i was paying for it. They understood that the RC couldn't have been used if my drone was with them.
3. Gimbal motorload error again after being stored safely for a few months (restricted laws in Canada doesn't allow to me fly where i live, so i only use it on vacation), this time, out of warranty. They said i had broken the gimbal (i don't understand how i can break something without using it lol). It cost me the repair fees of 130 something dollars USD.

I got the drone back 2 weeks ago. I was going on vacation this last weekend to the country side. I did my firmware updates before leaving but not a test flight. I fire up my drone and get aircraft disconnects on the ground. I reboot the drone, it seems to have passed. 16 satellites locked, no wind, perfect weather to fly, blue sky out....I fire up the drone and send it to hover around the lake taking beautiful pictures and videos of the automn colors...5 minutes into the flight and maybe 1 km away, the aircraft disconnects. I have no more image transmission at this point. I push return the home, the controller starts the beeping, i am relieved. Few seconds later, I notice the RC's information on distance and altitude is still the same and isn't moving. At this point i start worrying big time! ...Without any more details, i hopped to get in the car but noticed the detour to the other side of the lake was nearly 2 hours of drive, hence i wouldn't have time till the drone survives itself on battery. I sadly wait at my return to home location (50m alt RTH - this way all the trees were okay to go around) and nothing. I get really upset and start cussing out. My wife comes out of the cottage and yells at me. DJI fix this, it isn't my fault.

Here's my last picture, RIP Mavic pro. It is not a lot of playtime for such an expensive toy. I have opened up my 4th ''repair'' case. They said they will look at my synced flights.

Can anyone please vouch me that good news is around the corner? If not i will cry it out.

IMG_6315 (1).png
2019-10-24
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Now, that 's a sad story.   Good luck to ya.
2019-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are terribly sorry for your loss and the unpleasant experience with Mavic Pro, the case number has been pulled out by your Forum account, our support team will help check whether the data analysis can be applied and keep you updated with the status. Please let us know any time if you need any assistance during this process.
2019-10-24
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI please sympathize with him. send him a new one.. gesture of good will!
2019-10-25
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

SupCarlos Posted at 10-25 10:17
DJI please sympathize with him. send him a new one.. gesture of good will!

I vote you for president thanks for sympathizing!! I’ll keep you all updated on my diagnostics.
2019-10-25
Use props
Kevin8701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167982 ft

SupCarlos Posted at 10-25 10:17
DJI please sympathize with him. send him a new one.. gesture of good will!

I believe DJI will send the OP a new drone if you pay for him
2019-10-25
Use props
SupCarlos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would definitely send him a new drone if I was a billion dollar Chinese company.
2019-10-26
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

So this is the message i get:

"For your case CAS-3706752-B0S5F3, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked in GPS mode in the flight;
2. The pilot pushed pitch stick forward, the aircraft flew forward, the flight record ended at Flight Time T=04:23, Relative Height H=94.2 m, Distance to Home Point D=1621.6 m;
3. Take-off point: 45.8402849 -74.7780660 and the last point: 45.8535538 -74.7693793.

The record ended without any sign of abnormality, so we could not verify what happened afterward.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another one, we can offer you a 30% off discount for Mavic Pro without the charger and remote controller. Please kindly send us the following information if you would like to accept the offer"

They state exactly what i wanted to hear, that were was no sign of any abnormality from myself...And they don't get send me a replacement when i'm under warranty of the drone they sent me. Instead i have to pay 30% off on a another refurbished drone.

I'm so upset!
2019-10-31
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

Bump, DJI won't do anything but offer me 30%. I will not spend another penny in this terrible company. I will be sending them a formal notice letter if they don't fix this. And no one from DJI wants to call me.. LOL
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

slimharry Posted at 11-4 12:11
Bump, DJI won't do anything but offer me 30%. I will not spend another penny in this terrible company. I will be sending them a formal notice letter if they don't fix this. And no one from DJI wants to call me.. LOL

Sorry to know the data analysis result is inconclusive, your case has been escalated to the appropriate team or further follow-up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently.
2019-11-4
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-4 19:43
Sorry to know the data analysis result is inconclusive, your case has been escalated to the appropriate team or further follow-up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently.

I am still unsatisfied. DJI knows they are wrong in this so they upped their discount to 50%. I’ve sent a legal formal notice to have the drone replaced and no answer as of yet.

Why would I accept to pay 50% on a refurbished discontinued drone when I got a fly away with no error message in the logs?

I’ve payed once 133$ USD to repair a gimbal motor overload that wasn’t my fault and now this.

DJI products are unreliable at this point since it’s my 4th case with the same drone.

Can this be escalated to higher management that will understand and process my problem please?

2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

slimharry Posted at 11-27 04:29
I am still unsatisfied. DJI knows they are wrong in this so they upped their discount to 50%. I’ve sent a legal formal notice to have the drone replaced and no answer as of yet.

Why would I accept to pay 50% on a refurbished discontinued drone when I got a fly away with no error message in the logs?

We also would like to know what may cause the accident to keep improving our product, but there is no enough data.
Our higher-level team has provided the best resolution, hope for your understanding.
2019-11-29
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

Thank you Case resolved. I will continue to fly. Thanks Christelle for your hard work.
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_b1bNLosQQu1T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142159 ft
United Kingdom

slimharry Posted at 2019-11-29 07:00
Thank you  Case resolved. I will continue to fly. Thanks Christelle for your hard work.

So what was the final outcome here? My drone nearly flew away few days ago as well. Dji blames my phone (s10+), but that excuse is not related to my issues at all (compass error on empty field with no interference at all). Just wonder if they showing gesture of good will for what they are doing.
2020-1-4
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_b1bNLosQQu1T Posted at 1-4 13:17
So what was the final outcome here? My drone nearly flew away few days ago as well. Dji blames my phone (s10+), but that excuse is not related to my issues at all (compass error on empty field with no interference at all). Just wonder if they showing gesture of good will for what they are doing.

I had to fight for a lont time. They replaced my drone and the tests were inconclusive. That means no sign of error from the pilot nor the drone.

Weird, but happy they agreed to replace it.
2020-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules