Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lens spots on video
1858 14 2019-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1eceb1f2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1357556 ft
United States

Can someone tell me if this can be fixed?  Thanks in advance.

spots on vid

spots on vid
2019-10-25
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Those are tiny particles of dust that have 'Newton's rings' showing. Which is odd as it would suggest that these dusk particles are sandwiched between two glass surfaces. Do you have a some filter on the lens - if not then it is possible that these dusk particles were deposited on the lens at take off or landing and that the effect is due to condensation happening over the lens front surface and the refractive effect of this thin (water) film is causing the diffraction rings around each dusk particle. First thing to do is use an optical cleaning fluid with a cotton bud to gently clean the front lens glass on the camera. If there are still there - then the dust is deposed inside the camera lens unit. (Note with Autumn here in the Northern Hemisphere - condensation is often an issue, the key is to try and get the drone's temperature down or up to the ambient air temperature to minimise this happening on the exposed surfaces.)
2019-10-25
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Have you tried cleaning the lens cover or any attached filters?
2019-10-25
Use props
fans1eceb1f2
lvl.1
United States

the exterior lens is clean.  the more exposure, the more the spots show up.  I'm guessing no way to take this camera apart to clean the interior of the camera.  Will a brand new camera have the same issue on the first flight in fall temps in the NE.  Thank you again.
2019-10-25
Use props
fans1eceb1f2
lvl.1
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 10-25 05:12
Those are tiny particles of dust that have 'Newton's rings' showing. Which is odd as it would suggest that these dusk particles are sandwiched between two glass surfaces. Do you have a some filter on the lens - if not then it is possible that these dusk particles were deposited on the lens at take off or landing and that the effect is due to condensation happening over the lens front surface and the refractive effect of this thin (water) film is causing the diffraction rings around each dusk particle. First thing to do is use an optical cleaning fluid with a cotton bud to gently clean the front lens glass on the camera. If there are still there - then the dust is deposed inside the camera lens unit. (Note with Autumn here in the Northern Hemisphere - condensation is often an issue, the key is to try and get the drone's temperature down or up to the ambient air temperature to minimise this happening on the exposed surfaces.)

thanks, can the camera be taken apart to clean the interior?
2019-10-25
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans1eceb1f2 Posted at 10-25 07:15
thanks, can the camera be taken apart to clean the interior?

You say the longer you are outside the more spots appear -- do the spots go away after returning inside? If so, they may go also away after acclimating to outside temps.

I don't believe the camera on the original Mavic Pro can be user-serviced.
2019-10-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to clarify if this photo is from the SD card of your drone? Have you tried to change the resolution to see if this scenario would persist? You may try to remove the default lens of the Mavic Pro and clean it to see if  there will be changes? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Are the spots there for video as well as stills?  Are they ever in a different pattern, or in different places on the image? Have they always been there?
2019-10-27
Use props
fans1eceb1f2
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 10-27 08:45
Are the spots there for video as well as stills?  Are they ever in a different pattern, or in different places on the image? Have they always been there?

They are stationary & visible in both video & still images.  Seems more noticeable at higher exposure levels.  They have not always been there.  Thank you
2019-10-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'm wondering if there is some garbage on the sensor itself.  Since they weren't always there, it would have happened after you started using it.  I've never seen spots like that.  I'm also assuming they pattern and exact placement of the spots is always the same.  Interesting.
2019-10-28
Use props
fans1eceb1f2
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 10-28 09:58
I'm wondering if there is some garbage on the sensor itself.  Since they weren't always there, it would have happened after you started using it.  I've never seen spots like that.  I'm also assuming they pattern and exact placement of the spots is always the same.  Interesting.

Not sure, dronenerds said replacing the camera should be a quick easy fix.  thanks for the reply
2019-10-29
Use props
fansc1e249a5
lvl.1

United States

I have a white spot in my videos like a bright spotlight effect
2023-10-31
Use props
fansc1e249a5
lvl.1

United States

2023-10-31