1756 11 2019-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Hi everyone,

My 3 year drone registration expired yesterday. Does anyone know how I go about renewing it? Do I need to re-register all over again?
2019-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best information with regards to this matter from our valued DJI co pilots. Thank you.
2019-10-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you certain that your registration has really expired?

If you were already registered with the FAA as of 12/12/2017 and never requested to have the registration reversed, your registration was automatically extended through December of 2020. Go to https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/ and click “Log In” in the upper right-hand corner. Use the email address you originally registered with to login. If you do not recall your password, click on the “Forgot Password” link.  You’ll receive an email to walk you through resetting your password. Once in your account, you can print a copy of your UAS certificate.
2019-10-25
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're in the USA so just called testing center to pay then reschedule your examination as you did before. Call before the expiration date.
2019-10-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 10-25 17:19
You're in the USA so just called testing center to pay then reschedule your examination as you did before. Call before the expiration date.

Sorry if I am not asking the right question, but I am talking about renewing the registration for the drone itself with the FAA number.
2019-10-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-25 16:33

If you were already registered with the FAA as of 12/12/2017 and never requested to have the registration reversed, your registration was automatically extended through December of 2020. Go to https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/ and click “Log In” in the upper right-hand corner. Use the email address you originally registered with to login. If you do not recall your password, click on the “Forgot Password” link.  You’ll receive an email to walk you through resetting your password. Once in your account, you can print a copy of your UAS certificate.

Thank you very much!
2019-10-25
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 10-25 17:40
Sorry if I am not asking the right question, but I am talking about renewing the registration for the drone itself with the FAA number.

Oh ok yeah right on the FAA site you should be able to renew there. Easy as 123.  It's $5 bucks for the next 3 years.
2019-10-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 10-25 19:51
Oh ok yeah right on the FAA site you should be able to renew there. Easy as 123.  It's $5 bucks for the next 3 years.

I had registered back in 2016, and I wasn't aware that the FAA had already extended it to 2020, so I didn't have to pay anything, just print out the new certificate good until 2020.
2019-10-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If you were already registered with the FAA as of 12/12/2017 and never requested to have the registration reversed, your registration was automatically extended through December of 2020. Go to https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/ and click “Log In” in the upper right-hand corner. Use the email address you originally registered with to login. If you do not recall your password, click on the “Forgot Password” link.  You’ll receive an email to walk you through resetting your password. Once in your account, you can print a copy of your UAS certificate.

To be clear, we're apparently talking about a hobbyists's registration, which is to say in today's terms, a registration for a RECREATIONAL FLYER, per post #8.  The registration is for the pilot, or for the recreational flyer, not the aircraft.  I'm sure everybody knows one registration for a recreational flyer can cover one thousand drones or more.  UAS (aircraft) registration only applies to Part 107 pilots.  

An amazing post - and one from an Australian!  Here I am literally 19 miles from FAA headquarters on Independence Ave. in downtown Washington D.C. thinking I'm good and fairly well plugged in to what's going on, but just for fun I look in my wallet.  EXPIRATION 2/19/2019 in BIG BOLD LETTERS.  HAHAHAHHAHA.  That is hilarious.  I actually laughed out loud.  I never even had a clue.  I figured they would let me know when to renew.  I've dutifully kept this certificate in my wallet 24/7 ready to whip it out.  Silly me.  

Anyway I guess I'm good for another year plus, right?  And no, I'm not doing a reprinted certificate showing the new expiration date.  I'm busy here.  

Disturbing that I had to learn this from a guy who is literally on the other side of the planet.  

Maybe I should go back to pp?

Nah.

2019-10-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 10-26 15:48
To be clear, we're apparently talking about a hobbyists's registration, which is to say in today's terms, a registration for a RECREATIONAL FLYER, per post #8.  The registration is for the pilot, or for the recreational flyer, not the aircraft.  I'm sure everybody knows one registration for a recreational flyer can cover one thousand drones or more.  UAS (aircraft) registration only applies to Part 107 pilots.  

An amazing post - and one from an Australian!  Here I am literally 19 miles from FAA headquarters on Independence Ave. in downtown Washington D.C. thinking I'm good and fairly well plugged in to what's going on, but just for fun I look in my wallet.  EXPIRATION 2/19/2019 in BIG BOLD LETTERS.  HAHAHAHHAHA.  That is hilarious.  I actually laughed out loud.  I never even had a clue.  I figured they would let me know when to renew.  I've dutifully kept this certificate in my wallet 24/7 ready to whip it out.  Silly me.  

Yes it was hobby, and yes you are correct about one FAA number goes on all drones you own that need to be registered for hobby. I was just saying registration to the drone itself to try to explain I was talking about hobby registration and not part 107. I just wasn't using the correct terminology..

Do you live in Washington DC or re you just visiting there? If you do live there, how far away do you have to go to fly?
2019-10-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 10-26 17:28
Yes it was hobby, and yes you are correct about one FAA number goes on all drones you own that need to be registered for hobby. I was just saying registration to the drone itself to try to explain I was talking about hobby registration and not part 107. I just wasn't using the correct terminology..

Do you live in Washington DC or re you just visiting there? If you do live there, how far away do you have to go to fly?

I live in the area here.  To fly a drone, one must be outside the DC FRZ which is roughly a 15 mile radius from the White House and airport.  The DC SFRA is a 30 mile radius and special rules apply within that donut ring (e.g. you have to notify the airport if you fly within five miles of one, you cannot fly at night, etc.).  If you're flying Part 107, you must actually call the FAA at least an hour before your flight and have a verbal conversation with them outlining your flight plan.  FDC 6/2069 has everything you need to know.  
2019-10-27
Use props
Sam Johnson
lvl.1

United States

If you were already registered with the FAA as of 12/12/2017 and never requested to have the registration reversed, your registration was automatically extended through December of 2020. Go to https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/ and click “Log In” in the upper right-hand corner. Use the email address you originally registered with to login. If you do not recall your password, click on the “Forgot Password” link.  You’ll receive an email to walk you through resetting your password. Once in your account, you can print a copy of your UAS certificate.

Recreational registrations were extended to Dec 12, 2020, not "through December of 2020".
2019-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules