Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air unit image problem
8637 30 2019-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrunFPV
lvl.1

Belgium

Had problems with the air unit... trust flying with DJI is a bit gone now that the image suddenly froze...use now condensator 35v stops power surges.
Hope this helps...

2019-10-26
Use props
5zero7rc
Second Officer

United States

Do you have an SD card in the air unit?  Was it recording when the image froze?  That seems like a common issue if you have a slow or malfunctioning SD card.  The other common issue is not enough power being fed to the air unit.
2019-10-26
Use props
BrunFPV
lvl.1

Belgium

Yes happened when shooting is a new sandisk ... power was ok...move SD card and keep flying without... thanks !!
2019-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, the issue will be addressed in the next firmware, please kindly wait for the update. Thank you for your patience.
2019-10-28
Use props
quiptos
lvl.1

United States

The next  next firmware? Because I have 3 different builds on 4.1 now and they all will stop recording video at the end of a big powerloop. I have a BNF HD1 from Rotorriot, Mark 4 build and new Titan DC5 build first flight today. They all three pause after a big powerloop at the end. I have the fastest U3 A2 64gb cards direct from DJI and can only replicate it after doing that specific move. I have done lots of mountain surfing hard punchouts etc but that is the only thing that seems to pause video and keep recording sound.

I usually just avoid powerloops but that won't be fun forever haha. I do NOT have any Capacitors or anything attached, does that clean up this problem at all? Running 4S on everything including the BNF.
2019-11-10
Use props
fans722f549e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1073130 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem. After a powerloop, on board recording stops. I’ve tried couple brand new sandis extrem 64gb cards, with the same outcome.
Latest dji firmware, betaflight 4.1,  9V, 2.5 amp BEC with capacitor on esc
2019-12-31
Use props
Bruxx3d
lvl.3
Canada

quiptos Posted at 2019-11-10 16:06
The next  next firmware? Because I have 3 different builds on 4.1 now and they all will stop recording video at the end of a big powerloop. I have a BNF HD1 from Rotorriot, Mark 4 build and new Titan DC5 build first flight today. They all three pause after a big powerloop at the end. I have the fastest U3 A2 64gb cards direct from DJI and can only replicate it after doing that specific move. I have done lots of mountain surfing hard punchouts etc but that is the only thing that seems to pause video and keep recording sound.

I usually just avoid powerloops but that won't be fun forever haha. I do NOT have any Capacitors or anything attached, does that clean up this problem at all? Running 4S on everything including the BNF.

This is a commun problem I guess!, after a powerloop, it happened 2-3 times to me too and Im using capacitors.
2020-1-2
Use props
pRo_lama

Slovakia

If you are using 4S battery, directly solder you cable to vBAT and don't use 9V BEC.
2020-1-2
Use props
fans722f549e
lvl.3
United Kingdom

pRo_lama Posted at 1-2 22:13
If you are using 4S battery, directly solder you cable to vBAT and don't use 9V BEC.

Hmm, i gonna try it, see how it goes
2020-1-4
Use props
Tom_A
Captain
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haven’t had this issue on either of my quads. One uses Geprc SPAN F7 stack with DJI connector, and other is iFlight F7 with DJI connector. Geprc is running4s, and iFlight is 6s. I know there was an issue with some of the Newbiedrone stacks that is fixed if you use vBatt for 4s.
2020-1-16
Use props
Cobaki
lvl.1

Switzerland

Same problem. Happens randomly, I can fly 10 packs without any issues, then suddenly the air unit reboots out of nowhere. Can't be a recording issue as I dont have an SD card in the air unit. I'm using the T-Motor F7 Stack on 6S with a capacitor.  
2020-1-18
Use props
butchmarzeegmail.com
lvl.3
Germany

Ok, so with V01.00.300 firmware the recording problem after powerloop was seemed to be gone, but there was the issue that after each pack i had to set custom osd on every time again. Anyway, i flew like 10 packs no problems, powerloops after powerloops. Then, i updated to the recent 400 firmware as soon as it came out on Sunday. Today first flight, powerloop, just checked the onboard video, and stoped recording again!  Now air unit was connected directly to VBAT, 4s lipo.
2020-1-22
Use props
mc54
First Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

When this problem happens after a power loop, most likely it is a power brownout,  not the SD card. Check your voltage regulator situation.
2020-1-22
Use props
butchmarzeegmail.com
lvl.3
Germany

mc54 Posted at 1-22 10:32
When this problem happens after a power loop, most likely it is a power brownout,  not the SD card. Check your voltage regulator situation.

Ok, i am pretty sure its a firmware issue. I rolled back to the .300 firmware, flew 20 packs over the weekend, no issues with power loops. I gonna wait for .500 and see what will go on.
2020-1-28
Use props
D9_FPV
lvl.1

Germany

Same here. Stopped recordimg at the end of a power loop.
4S direct solderd and caps
2020-2-9
Use props
jdmagoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1229554 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the exact same problem, every time I do a power loop the video stops recording and the sound continues to record.
I’m running the latest firmware on the air unit and goggles
AU FW: v01.00.04.00
GOOGLES FW: v01.00.04.00

My SD cards are brand new and original SAN Disk ultra extreme A2 V30 cards

The AU is connected directly to the FC which is a goku F7 from flywoo. It is connected to the 9v BEC which is built in to the FC.
The ESC has a capacitor connected
The frame is a BNF Vampire 2 from flywoo
2020-4-2
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

D9_FPV Posted at 2-9 04:52
Same here. Stopped recordimg at the end of a power loop.
4S direct solderd and caps

Has this issue been resolved somehow and I skipped over the solution somewhere ?   I just received a GEPRC Rocket Plus with the DJI Air unit and this is happening to me . I have tried 4 different SD cards but the video freezes after a power loop . Very annoying .
2020-4-2
Use props
mariuszlbh.pl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 358392 ft
Poland

Hi

I've reported this problem to DJI Support, they said that they didn't know about this issue. There is a new firmware released today, tomorrow I will try it as I have the same issue - stop recording in the middle of the power loop.

Let you know about results.

Mariusz
2020-4-13
Use props
jdmagoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I did three packs on the new FW power loop after power loop and no issues with recording. Still,early days to call it, but it looks promising
2020-4-14
Use props
marlabs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 358392 ft
Poland

I tried only one battery but looks like issue is fixed in this release
2020-4-15
Use props
jdmagoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

marlabs Posted at 4-15 10:04
I tried only one battery but looks like issue is fixed in this release

Good news is I believe the recording issue after a power look is fixed with the new FW. I have put through 11 packs so far and not once did it fail. Wasn’t possible with previous FW Also, my OSD seems to working properly too. Nothing is mentioned in the release notes but I’m certain they have fixed it.

Anyway time will tell but looking good so far!
2020-4-18
Use props
freehotdawgs
lvl.3

United States

I have all the current firmware, using an iflight dc3 and the video stopped recording after a power loop. It's pretty dang annoying, this is not the first time this has happened either.
2020-4-28
Use props
Thesoobz619
lvl.1

United States

I have been having the same issue with the airunit either stop recording or just sketchy vid.
The new update seemed to have helped a bit.

reformatted the card and recording didnt stop but i'm getting some slight delay or noise.

Apex HD
Dji air unit with camera.

2020-4-30
Use props
Thesoobz619
lvl.1

United States

I have been having the same issue with the airunit either stop recording or just sketchy vid.

reformatted the card and recording didnt stop but i'm getting some slight delay or noise.

Apex HD

DJi whats up with this?

2020-4-30
Use props
Thesoobz619
lvl.1

United States

Apex HD

DJi whats up with this?

2020-4-30
Use props
addifpv
lvl.1

Canada

Really a shame not to have a recording with the air unit
2020-5-24
Use props
jedhassell
lvl.1

United States

rydfree41 Posted at 4-2 13:36
Has this issue been resolved somehow and I skipped over the solution somewhere ?   I just received a GEPRC Rocket Plus with the DJI Air unit and this is happening to me . I have tried 4 different SD cards but the video freezes after a power loop . Very annoying .

also having same issue with rocket plus... did you figure out a solution?
2020-6-2
Use props
jedhassell
lvl.1

United States

I am also having the same issue.  I have GEPRC Rocket Plus.
2020-6-2
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

jedhassell@gmail.com Posted at 6-2 12:56
also having same issue with rocket plus... did you figure out a solution?

Sadly no . I lost the Rocket Plus shortly after when the goggles completely lost video . I never could locate it . GepRC support is non-existant also . They kept telling me the onboard recording was stopping due to radio interference ,lol .

2020-6-3
Use props
franky888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81247 ft
Indonesia

addifpv Posted at 5-24 13:14

Really a shame not to have a recording with the air unit

Same as mine... but now after I read some of FPV Pilots lost their quads due to FPV Video Freeze most likely problems come from air unit recording, I feel like no more using air unit recording and put a GPS for rescue mode
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_7b22NlZf4WC2
lvl.1
Japan

Na horas que conecto  o controleDa dji  na air unit Des conecta do óculos da dji. Os três junto não se conecta.  E no controle mostra que está conectado em verde mas na betaflight nao tem comando.
2020-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules