3691 17 2019-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's not obvious and apparently many people don't know....

Quick outline on which alarms you can silence and how:

Cheers,
Ian in London

2019-10-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i dont think this works for me?  i tried it with low power alarms (drone or controller) and it doesn't stop it and with failsafe RTH or manual initiated RTH it wont shut it up from quick tap of the power button either.   not sure why mine wont shut up, this isnt the first time i been told to tap powr buton to shut it up, so i have tried it many times since getting my mavic 2 pro and doesnt do anything for me
2019-10-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this info.
2019-10-27
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-27 03:02
i dont think this works for me?  i tried it with low power alarms (drone or controller) and it doesn't stop it and with failsafe RTH or manual initiated RTH it wont shut it up from quick tap of the power button either.   not sure why mine wont shut up, this isnt the first time i been told to tap powr buton to shut it up, so i have tried it many times since getting my mavic 2 pro and doesnt do anything for me

Are you on old firmware?  Remember it's manual rth you're silencing, not the drone's low battery...

Ian.
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ian. Thank you for sharing this very informative video you have created. Great work and thank you for your valued support.
2019-10-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ian in London Posted at 10-27 05:34
Are you on old firmware?  Remember it's manual rth you're silencing, not the drone's low battery...

Ian.

im on the latest public firmware for he mavic 2 pro ( .510 )  not sure why this maybe..
edit: tested wih manually initiated RTH, it worked until for some reason my mavic 2 Pro changed RTH to advanced RTH...??? then started beeping again and couldnt shush it.
2019-10-27
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for the information, Ian.  It would be great if there was a way to silence the low battery alarm.
2019-10-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That's a great idea! Silent death, no screaming, no begging for mercy ... The dignity of euthanasia ... shhhhhhh ...
2019-10-27
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronespilot Posted at 10-27 10:57
Thank you for the information, Ian.  It would be great if there was a way to silence the low battery alarm.

Yes, I tried various things but couldn't stop that main battery alarm.  Maybe they've done that on purpose; pushing your battery is the best way of crashing....  

Ian
2019-10-27
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 10-27 10:47
im on the latest public firmware for he mavic 2 pro ( .510 )  not sure why this maybe..
edit: tested wih manually initiated RTH, it worked until for some reason my mavic 2 Pro changed RTH to advanced RTH...??? then started beeping again and couldnt shush it.

Are you sure that's not it switching to the Low Battery automatic RTH?  That can't be silenced....
2019-10-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ian in London Posted at 10-27 13:50
Are you sure that's not it switching to the Low Battery automatic RTH?  That can't be silenced....

nope.. but then again my RTH seems bugged, not sure if its iOS 13.2 dev beta 4 or what it maybe. been an issue for me only super recently which is why i think it maybe ios 13.2 dev beta 4.   what happens is  i start normal RTH (or drone starts it from low power) it flies normally for some amount of time then pauses,  orients itself slightly sideways like slightly crabbing at 20 degrees for reason i dont understand and then starts "advanced RTH" and in the green alert on side of the screen says something about signal even though i havent lost connection or anything?

i may have a recorded clip from my iPhone X screen from the other day's long range test i did that includes it.. ill see about posting a snippet of it pausing itself then doing this weird "advanced RTH" for seemingly no reason
2019-10-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

see there's a point where it just randomly bugs out in this snippet i was about to kill RTH and fly back but it did this:  

2019-10-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

wish i could do this on the smc.
2019-10-27
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ian in London Posted at 10-27 13:49
Yes, I tried various things but couldn't stop that main battery alarm.  Maybe they've done that on purpose; pushing your battery is the best way of crashing....   

Ian

Absolutely and I do not risk it. I always land my M2P around 25%. Sometimes I use the remainder of the battery to download photos, adjust settings, to plan some waypoints,... etc. and that battery alarm is annoying in such cases.
2019-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

thanks,  works on my Mavic 2 Pro.
2019-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain