Constant Bluetooth disconnects with Pixel 4 XL and Pixel 2
2776 9 2019-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dugson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36808 ft
Australia

Hi, I am having a constant Bluetooth disconnection problem since the recent updates. Prior to that it was fine and I was using Mimo with my Pixel 2. I upgraded to a Pixel 4 XL and the timelapse function and regular shooting functions are unreliable. Bluetooth drops out and things have to be restarted and disconnected. It seems to be a consistent issue with the Mimo app only, as regular timelapse and shooting is fine with the default camera app on my phones. I would like to use Mimo for the active track functions though.

Can DJI please look into this? I note there are other posts on this forum with users reporting Bluetooth unreliability since the recent updates.

I have tried the following:

- Disable all WiFi in home
- Disable all signal from nearby phones, essentially putting them into airplane mode
- Uninstalling the DJI Go 4 app
- Restarting Bluetooth and repairing
- Ensuring all batteries are fully charged

Please help!
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, DJI has identified a recent issue affecting some customers using the Mimo App for Osmo Mobile 3 on several Android systems.
DJI is currently finalizing an update to the Mimo app which will resolve this issue. Periodically, devices and software require automatic updates. A recent automatic update to a security feature has affected the operation of the Mimo app for some customers using Android. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and in the meantime, please use the native camera app or another 3rd party app.
Thank you for your continued support.
2019-11-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Pixel 4 is a new phone I believe, and I doubt whether it's on the supported phone list yet.
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day dugson. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Have you tried using a different mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 to see if the issue will still persist. Upon checking both the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 4 XL on the recommended mobile device list. I am sorry to say that the both the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 4 XL is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the said gimbal and for the DJI Mimo application. There are  possibility that both the Pixel 2 and the Pixel 4 XL will be able to work with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. However, since it is not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the DJI MImo application we cannot guaranteed if all the functionality of the said mobile device will work when in use. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. For reference I will post a link where in you can see all the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ty_List_en_0927.pdf ). Thank you.
2019-10-27
Use props
dugson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36808 ft
Australia

Hi, thank you for the reply and I am sad to see my phone is not supported. I hope it will make the list soon!
2019-10-27
Use props
Piticander
lvl.2
Flight distance : 774 ft
Spain

Same problem with a Xiaomi mi 9T. It's a waste of time triying to make a timelapse because bluthoot disconnects randomly. Please DJI fix it!
2019-11-4
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

My Phone is on the supported list and it has the same problems as yours S10+
2019-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi dugson, we apologize for the trouble with the DJI Mimo, just to verify, does the APP return to the home screen of the DJI Mimo? Did you enable Beauty Mode when it happens?
Besides, we also need the OS version of your phone, the firmware version of the Osmo Mobile 3 and APP version. How long does it take when the app returns to the home screen and Bluetooth disconnected? We would appreciate if you could provide the logs for further analysis: internal storage/DJI/DJI MIMO/LOG
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_9jZzI5bfpODV
New

United States

I'm hoping there is an update to this compatibility issue with Google Pixel 4 XL.  I'm  switching over  to a Pixel 4 XL and was wanting to purchase the Osmo Mobile 3.  However, I'm now going to hold off until I know it will work with my Pixel 4 XL.  Otherwise I guess I'll have to find a different gimbal to purchase that will work with my Pixel 4 XL.  
2019-12-31
Use props
Robert2345
lvl.2
Pakistan

let me know if you found answer
2020-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules