Mavic Clones ...
7350 16 2019-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lately I see a lot of advertisement for Mavic Look-Alike ... claiming to be under $100. I have a hard time believing they can sell at that price. Also, their camera appears to not have a gimbal. Got Few Questions:

1. Has anyone tried them and got some review (No, not interested, just curious)
2. How can they get away with copying everything about the Mavic ... and still remain in business?

Personally I do not see them as threats to DJI as, typically the person who spends $100 on a knock-off is unlikely to spend 10-15 times that amount for the real thing. In essence, those companies are copying the DJI design/looks, but they are not competing at all with DJI.
2019-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JB63. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have share. I hope that you will get the best information from our DJI co pilots who have tried to purchase the said Mavic Clone drones. In addition for us to be sure that we are buying the genuine DJI Merchandise. Kindly please purchases these merchandise directly from our official retail stores and official online store. For reference I will be posting a link where to buy these original DJI products ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... ite&from=footer ). Thank you.
2019-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Have not bothered any.
I like my MP too much
2019-10-28
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I personnaly do not support such flagrant copycat. The one I'm referring to is the DroneX Pro ... a google search will bring up a photo like the one below.The company that makes them is now very 'aggressive'. Everytime I visit the DJI page or search drones in Amazon, I get cookies and I see such picture advertised all over.

2019-10-28
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-28 11:18
Hello and good day JB63. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have share. I hope that you will get the best information from our DJI co pilots who have tried to purchase the said Mavic Clone drones. In addition for us to be sure that we are buying the genuine DJI Merchandise. Kindly please purchases these merchandise directly from our official retail stores and official online store. For reference I will be posting a link where to buy these original DJI products ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores?site=brandsite&from=footer ). Thank you.

Thank you. Yes, I always buy directly from DJI, and sometimes DJI Amazon Store. Between drones, Robomaster, and Osmo, I've bought 8 products so far (Though only 3 show under my avatar).
2019-10-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The other reviews show how they are.  The quality is bad.  Also, someone had it that crashed into a tree when I was biking around near NYC.
2019-10-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

JB63 Posted at 10-28 16:02
I personnaly do not support such flagrant copycat. The one I'm referring to is the DroneX Pro ... a google search will bring up a photo like the one below.The company that makes them is now very 'aggressive'. Everytime I visit the DJI page or search drones in Amazon, I get cookies and I see such picture advertised all over.

[view_image]

It's basically a toy. My friend fell for the scam, call me and
said let's go fly I have a Mavic. get out to the field and he pulled this
out . It's a toy, the range is about 100m and the Wifi sucks.
It's a toy.
2019-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

I tried one and it was awful,  very hard to control and the phone kept popping out of the controller, as other have said its a bad toy.
2019-10-28
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

2019-10-29
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

One of my students bought one and brought in, it’s total crap. So many better cheap drones that are way better
2019-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AnzacJack Posted at 10-29 02:15
One of my students bought one and brought in, it’s total crap. So many better cheap drones that are way better

Thanks for the info!
2019-10-29
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

I tried one just for fun, 10 minuets later it went in the bin, just would not trim and hover, before you could do anything it ploughed into something. really frustrating piece of crap
2019-10-29
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

I've been surprised DJI have got these patent/copyright infringers shut down! It reflects badly on the real product by association.
2019-10-29
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

El Diabolico Posted at 10-29 02:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGjd3XTl7L4

'Emo-lion' lol 't' is readable if you look really really close.
2019-10-29
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

It happens a lot with many products, like the iPhone, for example.
I have seen this drone in ads, but I believe the Tello will outperform this fake Mavic.
2019-10-29
Use props
KenDuke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

5 minute flight time per battery charge.
720p camera that doesn't look 720p at all.
no gps or anything to keep the drone stable.
Where the MP battery is, this drone has the cut out design like it, but only the button on top works for power on/off
The battery slides in the back of this drone.  I purchased one on eBay, and knew it was a toy.  Played with it for a few months, buying extra batteries and a charger that was able to charge more than 1 battery at a time, via USB.  I then decided I wanted a REAL drone.
It is MUCH smaller than a Mavic!  
Overall, its a drone for kids, that mom or dad doesn't want to spend over $100USD to be broken in 10 minutes.  With prop guards on, you can fly it in the house without issue.  
2019-10-29
Use props
jackson4172
New

Pakistan

You most likely already have access to the basics required for growing cannabis outdoors. While cannabis has been cultivated outdoors for thousands of years, it’s best to review some guidelines before putting clones in the ground.https://floraterraca.com/guide-to-growing-cannabis-outdoors-caring-for-clones/

2021-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules