Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
So long spark, great service run
1893 15 2019-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

So long spark soon to be replaced by DJI for the mavic mini. It was a great run a lot of fun and intro into drones.

A lot of new regs here and limitations since the spark release, so don’t know if I’ll upgrade - will just keep enjoying the spark til it doesn’t fly anymore.

Peace out all
2019-10-29
Use props
CasualDronePilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Yeah, I'll fly my Spark for as long as it can fly as well, even if (more likely, when) I upgrade. Still a nice drone IMHO.
2019-10-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

How about both? Enjoying the Spark AND upgrading to the Mini? ;-)
2019-10-29
Use props
nilanjan118
First Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

S-e-ven Posted at 10-29 02:41

A lot will depend on how much of an "upgrade" it is.
2019-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

At first I thought you lost it (your spark)
But now I get your message.
I think it is always best to wait a little.
Never know what 'first buyers bugs' you will get as a present for being one of the first

I'm also waiting on the new legislation to be implemented here in NL.
Might get a little bit better than what it is now, but there is still no definitive set of rules.
2019-10-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Can't wait for it, only 22 hours more for the event
2019-10-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 10-29 03:13
At first I thought you lost it (your spark)
But now I get your message.
I think it is always best to wait a little.

Won't you get the new EU wide regulations that have already been published - https://www.easa.europa.eu/newsr ... es-drones-published
2019-10-29
Use props
BrianSC
First Officer
Spain

DAFlys Posted at 10-29 07:08
Won't you get the new EU wide regulations that have already been published - https://www.easa.europa.eu/newsroom-and-events/press-releases/eu-wide-rules-drones-published

Seems like in Europe we are going to have to register camera drones under 250gr anyway:

Registration of UAS operators & certified drones becomes mandatory.  Starting from June 2020 all drone operators shall register themselves before using a drone:

in the ‘Open’ category, with a weight
        more than 250g or
        less then 250g when it is not a toy and it is equipped with a sensor able to capture personal data
    in the ‘specific’ category .

All certified drones (operated in high risk operations) shall be registered as well. The registration number needs to be displayed on the drone.
2019-10-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. As more advanced products are released, older products reach their End of Life (EOL). However, the product might still available on DJI’s official online store, we will continue to provide after-sales services for it. Thank you for your understanding and support. Thank you for your support.
2019-10-29
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 10-29 02:41

Will it really be an upgrade? Other than a longer flight time and 3 axes gimbal what is the difference?
2019-10-29
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Canada

BrianSC Posted at 10-29 07:57
Seems like in Europe we are going to have to register camera drones under 250gr anyway:

Registration of UAS operators & certified drones becomes mandatory.  Starting from June 2020 all drone operators shall register themselves before using a drone:

Right on! Same here in Canada. Cheers
2019-10-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

ssylca44 Posted at 10-29 10:33
Will it really be an upgrade? Other than a longer flight time and 3 axes gimbal what is the difference?

In case it can do the same, like the spark, plus that longer and in 2.7k with an real 3 axis gimbal, I think it is an upgrade.
Plus it is a little smaller and less weight in a combo bag (my guess! ;-)
I will look at the reviews and still fly my Sparks.
But it all comes to flight stability and that will be pointed out in video reviews
2019-10-29
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 10-29 10:44
In case it can do the same, like the spark, plus that longer and in 2.7k with an real 3 axis gimbal, I think it is an upgrade.
Plus it is a little smaller and less weight in a combo bag (my guess! ;-)
I will look at the reviews, and still fly my Sparks.

I think, that I will save for the Mavic 2 Pro or the Mavic 3!
2019-10-29
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Canada

nilanjan118 Posted at 10-29 02:45
A lot will depend on how much of an "upgrade" it is.

I think it is mostly to be under the 250g limit that some countries will likely reduce.
2019-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-29 07:08
Won't you get the new EU wide regulations that have already been published - https://www.easa.europa.eu/newsroom-and-events/press-releases/eu-wide-rules-drones-published

Those are the guidelines, but countries have to implement it.
So there is still questions on how it will work out in practice.
2019-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

BrianSC Posted at 10-29 07:57

True, some limitations are lifted when you are < 250g
But it still has to get more clear on that side how countries apply these new set of guidelines.
2019-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules