Osmo Mobile 3 Problem Auto Focus
7225 17 2019-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Furox
New
Canada

Good morning!

I just got a Osmo Mobile 3. It works wonderfully, really a great working tool. However, I am experiencing difficulties with the Dji mimo application…

When I put myself in video mode simply, the app keeps doing auto focus constantly. If I remain in video mode on my device, without being in Dji Mimo, the autofocus works wonderfully…

I’m on Android (most up-to-date version) Version 1.00.00.50
My device is a Samsung A70
Even with all my devices charging at 100%, the problem is present

Is there a solution to lock the auto focus or disable it? Is there anything else to limit this autofocus?

Thank you very much!

2019-10-29
Use props
Furox
New
Canada

no one knows the answer ??
2019-10-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Mimo app appears to be completely broken on Android at the moment for many if not all users, so it's hard to comment on specific issues.
2019-10-31
Use props
Gordp
lvl.1
Spain

Same problem with Galaxy A70 plus random disconecttions. I have to decide in 15 days if return the DJI Osmo mobile 3 or buy an Iphone.
2019-11-3
Use props
djiuser_OYX9YwF4uyOU
New

Hungary

I have the same problem with my Meizu M6 Note smartphone. Any chance to get an update on DJI Mimo to fix this focusing issue?
2019-11-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Furox, sorry for the troubles with the APP, any chance to share us a screen recording of the constant auto-focus so that we can verify? Thank you in advance.
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_oj3eCeTjL1W8
New
Mexico

I have the same problem! I've just shot a video with the front camera and ut looks terrible due to the autofocus problem. I also used a Samsung A70.
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_oj3eCeTjL1W8
New
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-5 23:32
Hi Furox, sorry for the troubles with the APP, any chance to share us a screen recording of the constant auto-focus so that we can verify? Thank you in advance.

I can. Where do I send the footage?
2019-12-8
Use props
neil0748
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I also have the same problem with my Samsung A10 it keeps focusing in and out all the time. Please could we have an update for the Osmo Mobile 3 app to include a focus lock.
2019-12-13
Use props
Aleksandras Ratmanovas
New

Estonia

Same here. How to lock focus without locking aperture?
2020-4-27
Use props
Aleksandras Ratmanovas
New

Estonia

It seems Dji is getting money from competitors for not implementing this feature. It's easy to implement. I don't see other explanation.
2020-4-27
Use props
Aleksandras Ratmanovas
New

Estonia

For now I am using Open Camera with Camera2API. It allows to lock focus. Other option is Footej Camera 2. Filmic is also an option. None of listed products are compatible with the gimbal, shame for Dji.
2020-4-27
Use props
Suman Das
New
Canada

I am facing the same issue on Google Pixel 3. Is there any solution out there?
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_r1LBrt2cyZdY
New

France

Hi everyone! I'm facing the same problem on my Android One plus Five. Any solution to this yet ? Thanks!
2020-5-12
Use props
Fonzman
lvl.1
Austria

Same here, on former Sony Xperia Z5c and now on Samsung Galaxy A40. Autofocus single/Autofocus continuous is missing from the App options, but seems available with certain devices (as seen on a screenshot).

Can anyone using an officially supported Android device (as on this list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0526_.pdf) comment on this issue? Is it still present with such a phone?
2020-5-31
Use props
FatFreddiesCat
New

United States

Just purchased and extremely disappointment to see that because the focus does what it wants it produces crap video. Shocking this was not picked up and continues not to be addressed. Makes the software and hardware incompatible for need. Seriously DJI?
2020-9-29
Use props
djiuser_nV1dGqLyij6e
New

Poland

I just bought a new osmo mobile 3 and facing the same auto focus problem!!! Any solution or i should return the device back to store?
I am using xiaomi note 8
2020-12-5
Use props
Fonzman
lvl.1
Austria

Now on a Samsung A40, with latest Mimo version 1.7.26.
Still no option to turn off auto focus. :-/

My phone supports it though, because it is available in Open Camera app through
Camera2-API which is mostly supported.
2022-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules