No Cell Service and Second Device To View Questions
550 2 2019-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlueRidge
lvl.2
United States

Hi All,

I did a search to find this information first and didn't locate it. I apologize if this subject has been covered. My biggest fear is a flyaway. The thought of that much money literally "flying away" scares the heck out of me, not to mention the potential damage to somebody or their property.

I want to do some photography/videography in an area with no cell service. Is this going to affect the Mavic Pro's performance, connection to the remote, etc…? Is there anything special that I should know? Should I turn off cellular so that my phone isn't constantly searching for a signal?

Second, is there any way to have a second device be able to "view" the Mavic Camera. I use my iPhone 6s with the remote control and would really like to be able to connect my iPad as well for a larger view. I have seen third party apps that claim to do this, but I don't want to use third party apps. The iPad does not have cellular capability.

Thank you in advance for the help.

[size=1.3]Reply

2019-10-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can use your iPad. My iPad mini 4 is wifi only and is the only thing I use.
You don't need cell service.
2019-10-30
Use props
6arret
lvl.2
Canada

I fly in areas with 0 cell service all the time and no issues.

As for a second device buy the goggles or keep another spare phone or tablet handy.
2019-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules